Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

Grave_foh

shitlord
I"m curious about the banner there. It"s hard to read but I can at least make out "vigne" which combined with the depiction of the grapes is obviously referring to the french word for vine or vineyard. Strange that they would choose to use a real world language if this is home to a fantasy race.

That aside, I"m going to go with some kind of faerie race making their home there. The color palette, size (if we assume those are normal sized trees) of the door and structures definitely suggests some type of smallish fay beings.

The city painting looks great. Excellent color palette and interesting architecture.

Linbog_foh

shitlord
Grave said:
I"m curious about the banner there. It"s hard to read but I can at least make out "vigne" which combined with the depiction of the grapes is obviously referring to the french word for vine or vineyard.
On theHigh Resolution versionyou can make out that it says "Vigne Piangen(li/u)" not sure what it means though.

Linbog_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:
Ok this will be fun, watching people try and "figure things out".
Yeah, its usually quite amusing being "in the know" and watching people try to solve stuff, I"m usually too soft hearted and give them the answers though because they are floundering around way off course.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm. We can assume that the vines are crying because they"re women. We know they"re women because of the various laundry hanging around the vines, obviously dirty because why else would they be hanging out like that? Why are they dirty? We can assume from the single room style, uhh,acornsthat it"s most likely a place used to trade sex for money.

That"s right, it"s an Elven whorehouse gents.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Draegan said:
There isn"t much to figure out. It"s just a banner someone threw some words on I expect.
Um ya, I don"t expect that to be the case with anything we deem ok for anyone to see outside of the studio.

Quince_foh

shitlord
If the concept art is any indication on the direction they are going to take for the game then I am stoked! I couldn"t put my finger on it but someone earlier said Disney, and thats it.

How cool would a MMO be that looked like Kingdom Hearts 1-2?

Quince_foh

shitlord
Zarcath said:
You do realize that Disney, Square and a number of Koreans have MMOs that resemble Kingdom Hearts?
Ya I have played FFXI and Lineage 1 and 2 but I didn"t find them very fun. I was a BRD/WHM and didn"t like how anyone could be any class they wanted. I like having people being known as a good or bad healer etc and as far as Lineage, that is one major grind!

I would love to see an Americanized version of a Kingdom Hearts type of style. I think it would be colorful and appealing like WoW just not so blocky and a low polygon count.

Edit: I just showed those 2 pictures to my brother and he brought up the Kings Quest series from a long time ago. I loved those games and they were a blast to play, well that is until Mask of Crap came out.

Anyone else remember those?