Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

I will buy the game to support you!

This will flood me with neg internets- but I will say it anywho.

I woke up- wife said "hey Kennedy died" I said "good" she was like wtf? and I said- It is not that I am happy he /died/ I understand suffering and feel for his loved ones- but he and his "kin" need to be out of there- and the only way he will ever leave would be in a casket...

neg me, wooohoo

ummm whats this thread about again?

Bongk_foh

shitlord
Our country needs political term limits so badly, this lifetime politician crap has to stop, but it won"t.

Just like campaign reform and lobbyists, things that need taken care of, but won"t be.

Gecko_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:
I don"t think the seat gets taken by an Heir. Arguably one of the most corrupt families in modern american history if you ask me.

I hope, I pray, our country is moving to a place where it elects the best person for the people, as opposed to the most palatable solution of the folks on the ticket.

Since Clinton, imo, this country has become a "lesser of two evils" when it comes to voting in elected officials.

Go back on this thread to understand why I would never make it in politics.

My first act in Mass would be to banish every human who had major influence in any WAY SHAPE OR FORM on the Big Dig (one of the things I want to talk to Charlie Baker about btw).

Has there ever been a more colossal waste of money? How many teachers, policeman, fireman and social programs could have been helped with that 3 billion? Not to mention that 3 Billion was pretty much being spent to get people to work 15 minutes faster right?

String them all up.
This is really the wrong forum for any type of rational discussion on politics, due to the rabid and young nature of most of the people here.

Mass is heavily Democrat.

Really, I"d love to see America have many more political parties. We have hundreds of millions of people, and yet just Coke and Pepsi for choices. I think that causes a lot of the corruption and cronyism we see today. It"s also why so many people can spend 10, 20, 30, or even 50 years in the Congress. That"s wrong to me.

Tropics_foh

shitlord
Since this thread is now onto politics and yet still a MMORPG thread I will mention that I am now reading George R Martin"s Fire and Ice books and the political framework of that book, the multiple wars, the huge number of lords, everything like that put into a MMORPG with a elaborate faction system would be sick.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Bongk said:
Our country needs political term limits so badly, this lifetime politician crap has to stop, but it won"t.

Just like campaign reform and lobbyists, things that need taken care of, but won"t be.
amen. this country needs to have term limits on ALL political positions. the best thing to do is to have an 8 to 10 year term limit on any position. i think this would go a long way in getting rid of a lot of the corruption in politics. too many "good ol" boys" that have been there way too long and are no longer looking out for the best interest of the people, just the best interest of themselves and their cronies.

unfortunately, the biggest problem of all is that you can not get to the office of govenor, senator, representative, president etc... without completely selling your soul and owing everyone a "favor."

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
Utnayan said:
Lone Ranger I will also say this, since you brought it up.

Ebert hires Spielberg, then when Spielberg, who knows what the hell he is doing because he has been doing it for so long, tells Ebert he needs to let him change some things or the entire movie is going to get fucked, Ebert fires his ass and hires Dakota Fanning to head up everything.

Now replace that with Curt Schilling and Close.
Sorry for the derail but what movie did Ebert try to make?

Bongk_foh

shitlord
etchazz said:
unfortunately, the biggest problem of all is that you can not get to the office of govenor, senator, representative, president etc... without completely selling your soul and owing everyone a "favor."
Which is why I also said campaign reform. They should get equal amounts in tax dollars only. No private contributions as all those are is thinly veiled bribes. Don"t get me wrong I am glad Obama got elected but there is almost no question he bought the election in my mind.

"Obama announced he would become the first presidential candidate since 1972 to rely totally on private donations for his general election campaign, opting out of the system of public financing and spending limits that was put in place after the Watergate scandal."

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
trying to get back on track, curt when can we expect to see some screenshots or more info on the game itself? i visit the 38 studios website occasionaly and aside from some artist"s conceptions (mcfarlane i"m guessing) there isn"t much info on the game.

Bongk_foh

shitlord
etchazz said:
trying to get back on track, curt when can we expect to see some screenshots or more info on the game itself? i visit the 38 studios website occasionaly and aside from some artist"s conceptions (mcfarlane i"m guessing) there isn"t much info on the game.
he answered this a couple pages back, he said before the next all-star game.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Green Monster Games... 08-28-2009 12:47 PM ok no masturbation posts
Y"know, I plugged masturbation into google search, and the second link was wikipedia. I was like, "Hrmnn..."

At first I"m like, "Oh, okay, some artists rendition of mastubation. Arty, but not erotic." and then I scroll down and I"m "Woah, vagina!"

And then I go down a little more and am presented with a couple cocks. I"m not surprised but I may have to log in to my wiki account and edit that out and replace it with a couple more vagina"s.

Then I see a link for non-penetrative sex and am about to click it when I have a horrible sense of deja-vu like I"ve done this before and so regretted it I buried the memory deep within me. Do I dare click and find what horrors lay beyond?

Thankfully, my door buzzer rang at just that moment as my pizza arrived and I was snapped back to my senses.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Oh and did I mention the amount of stress involved in that?
Ya, pretty much the first public reveal of everything we are trying to do, some scary crap
BUT! I totally believe in this, this HUGE moving thing, and how they are pulling it off.
Having said that, everything goes by the wayside and there"s no more BS or speculation about what we"re doing, trying to do, or any of that.
It becomes VERY real at that point
Someone mentioned earlier about posting here once we go "live".
I still will, likely not as much since we"ll likely have opened our own forums and our own community at that point.

Smocca_foh

shitlord
I so read that like you were responding to Zehn"s post.

"Stress involved in that..."
"The first public reveal..."
"HUGE moving thing..."

Well done.

Gecko_foh

shitlord
Tropics said:
Since this thread is now onto politics and yet still a MMORPG thread I will mention that I am now reading George R Martin"s Fire and Ice books and the political framework of that book, the multiple wars, the huge number of lords, everything like that put into a MMORPG with a elaborate faction system would be sick.
Best series ever.. and it might even get finished before GRRM pulls a Robert Jordan.

Last comment on politics: Term Limits WERE passed in a lot of states, but the Federal Courts overruled the states and said they couldn"t impose term limites on Federal office. A bunch of BS if there ever was.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Smocca said:
I so read that like you were responding to Zehn"s post.

"Stress involved in that..."
"The first public reveal..."
"HUGE moving thing..."

Well done.
Same. Never have I giggled so much in my life.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
etchazz said:
amen. this country needs to have term limits on ALL political positions. the best thing to do is to have an 8 to 10 year term limit on any position. i think this would go a long way in getting rid of a lot of the corruption in politics. too many "good ol" boys" that have been there way too long and are no longer looking out for the best interest of the people, just the best interest of themselves and their cronies.

Still too lenient. I would make a 12-16 year cap on ALL political/public service, period - regardless of how many positions. There are too many state and federal positions to keep all these cocksuckers from playing musical chairs. If you cap state office positions at 8 years - you can still end up with 5 same guys cycling through same 5 positions between each other for 40 years. It can be exploited even worse at federal level between working for 20 years in the legislative branch (12 in senate, 8 in house of reps - if we use your 8-10 year per position suggestion) and then god knows how many else through the myriad of positions in executive branch and judiciary.

I would do less than 12 or 16 year, but I think its preferable to have some experience before attaining the presidency (SCOTUS positions remaining as lifetime appointments of course)

And yeah, that Mass seat is going to a Dem.