Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Utnayan said:
No. The best time to release would be 6 months post expansion. I guarantee you if they try to fight WoW evenly they will get their ass kicked. If they want a shot, they will have to position the release before the 1st patch of the expansion and after time has passed so people are bored again.
The problem 38S have, Ut, is that this game is (90% nailed on) coming out end 2010. I couldn"t agree more that it sucks going up against a WoW expansion.

Summer is no go. Suicide except for the most established IPs. It"s Christmas / year end or die.

$100mill of development at 38S has been scheduled for a release date of end 2010. Not only that, I am certain that time will see the beginning of a whole series of truly quality MMOs coming out. We"re going to be more spoilt for choice than Sam Deathwalker in Amsterdam. Getting in as one of / the first of this new wave of MMOS is essential for any of these big budget titles.

So, there is only one choice. Release a month before WoW (which will almost certainly show mid-end November), or release weeks after it. And I"ll bet anyone $50 to the winners charity that my beliefs about FFXIV are right, too.

Copernicus needs to be ready to come out October (and take FFXIV into consideration) or you might end up being right about it"s financial viability, if not it"s quality.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
A moron found a post from 4 fucking years ago
And yet, you don"t see me with a fucking number on my back trying to sell a product. You fuckers will never know who I am. And I will keep it that way.

I am the guy that actually DOES love games, and I don"t need to sell out to make a buck after retirement. And I sure as fuckfire do not need to come to a forum with a marketing team and buy out popular iconic has been"s (Gee, shocker... Can you fuckers open your eyes yet - every name bought with a purpose... you fucking idiots) while I will call out people that are here for one, and one reason only.

To make money off shit products.

McQuaid, if you are listening, I never knew until a couple days ago how bad you were in for it. But Christ, through all the bullshit you shoveled, at least you played and loved this shit. I would rather see your ass come back at this point, (As a designer - period... no business bullshit, and keep Butler the fuck away from producing or scheduling anything) than seeing this fucking marketing team come in and sell shit based off their name.

You fanboi faggots thought the Empire: Total War reviews were bought and paid for? You just fucking wait.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
"I talked to my mom last night after 5 glasses of whine at Olive Garden."
oh really? do you mean WINE you fucking retarded dipshit of a human being? how was your date with you mom? it must be an easy choice for a relationship considering you still live in her basement. here i thought you were gay with all your posts about fucking guys in the ass and giving reach arounds but really you just have an oedipus complex...

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Flight said:
The problem 38S have, Ut, is that this game is (90% nailed on) coming out end 2010. I couldn"t agree more that it sucks going up against a WoW expansion.

Summer is no go. Suicide except for the most established IPs. It"s Christmas / year end or die.

$100mill of development at 38S has been scheduled for a release date of end 2010. Not only that, I am certain that time will see the beginning of a whole series of truly quality MMOs coming out. We"re going to be more spoilt for choice than Sam Deathwalker in Amsterdam. Getting in as one of / the first of this new wave of MMOS is essential for any of these big budget titles.

So, there is only one choice. Release a month before WoW (which will almost certainly show mid-end November), or release weeks after it. And I"ll bet anyone $50 to the winners charity that my beliefs about FFXIV are right, too.

Copernicus needs to be ready to come out October (and take FFXIV into consideration) or you might end up being right about it"s financial viability, if not it"s quality.
First thing, I will always love your shit. Period. I do not care if we flame the fuck out of each other from time to time, and are butt forum buddies agreeing the next, at least you have common sense.

Second, I disagree. And here is why:

MMORPG"s and games have this center around them as they are a Christmas gift. Games are not a Christmas Gift. Games are gossip and fun, and the more of both, it really doesn"y matter when it"s released.

EQ? The MMORPG that is accredited for doing it all? April 1999.

It isn"t about seasonal marketing anymore. It"s about grabbing a fanbase at it"s lowest and keeping them with a quality product.

I am not saying that WoW captured all the market share. Just like I told Brad it was bullshit when everyone thought the MMORPG genre target market was capped at 400k and all products would steal from each other. What I am saying is that you can capture pockets of boredom. This is the one thing WoW fails at in a huge scale. They leave gaps. Huge Gaps. Gaps where players are bored out of their minds and it leaves room for competition.

Up to this point, AoC, Vanguard, WAR... They all launch at the right time but suck in delivery and their QoS is for shit. They sell the boxes, and their subs drop like Air Force Amy in the Ghetto. But I swear to God, if you launch a quality product at the same time frame, you will steal some of the competitors market share.

In the end, (Alex you better be fucking reading this) WoW needs to tighten the gap and keep marketing gap small. There will always be competition. But if you have fun shit ready to play on a continual basis (Which, admittedly, is hard as fuck if you also deliver quality, and to be honest, I would rather have shit that works than be a mouth breathing faggot looking for content) than that gap is small - and the base you already have will never go anywhere.

Tlr: It isn"t about seasonal marketing anymore. It"s about smart marketing according to competition and QoS. But none of that bullshit matters if you do not have a game to back it up.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
etchazz said:
"I talked to my mom last night after 5 glasses of whine at Olive Garden."
oh really? do you mean WINE you fucking retarded dipshit of a human being? how was your date with you mom? it must be an easy choice for a relationship considering you still live in her basement. here i thought you were gay with all your posts about fucking guys in the ass and giving reach arounds but really you just have an oedipus complex...
Pun. You fucking dipshit.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Fuck yeah, just when I thought it wasn"t worth reading, this thread has been awesome on so many levels the last few pages. Keep it up guys.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Utnayan said:
I don"t understand why it always have to be about money and ego"s (Oh Hi Brett Close - the fucker wanted to better your company and you canned his ass) and you are the... without doubt...

I have insider info (Again) that your product is the titanic. I have not seen it personally but I didn"t need to see it with Vanguard either....

You are out of your league here. And your idiot ego will get the best of you, just like it drove out the best thing that ever happened to your company......
Oh no, you di"unt......

I responded to the Brett announcement in this thread by outlining the state Brett is probably in about now. What I didn"t say was that Brett leaving was probably not (in my ignorant opinion) something that Brett brought about or wanted to happen. And I"m only going on what is available to be read publicly, on this and other forums and the 38S press release.

Brett prolly is a litle burnt out and prolly has got the entire business operating to a standard of quality that I"ve historically preached about. But my guess is that the "engineer" has been replaced by the "business manager".

I would warn Curt, in the strongest manner possible, that quality standards can slide in an insidious, undetectable manner, until you wake up one day and ask where it all went wrong. You"ve made the choice that someone with more contacts, more marketing experience and more experience of online provision is a better choice for CEO than someone who has driven your company to be what it is.

There is only one person in your company who can maintain the level of quality that is necessary for 38S to succeed. That is the CEO. That can"t be delegated. It can"t be trusted to anyone else.

I would also warn you, Curt, that I"ve come to believe that, in the Western world, only someone with a history in Engineering has enough understanding of quality to drive an IT development project the size of an MMO, most especially in a start up. And that there are times when every single person in a company - from Marketing, via Tech Support, Human Resources, the Accountants, even down to the Janitor - will be wrong and that one special person you believed in and appointed as CEO will be right.

Having said all that, that doesn"t mean it is the wrong thing to have happened.

Put up or shut up Ut; what have you heard ?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Flight said:
Put up or shut up Ut; what have you heard ?
This is why I love you.

Brett Close didn"t understand quality. He came from a company that before their reform as of late didn"t give a shit about it either. It was all about popular IP"s and selling the shares on press releases. Nothing more, nothing less. But, he did understand how that came to bite their ass. Ten fold. And how the trickle down theory fucked them in the ass when the time finally reached where even 40 year old mom"s knew to stay away from the EA logo as a pile of shit that will make their kid cry as their Xbox 360 locks again and they have to quit fucking the milk man.

The replacement with a fucking idiot, and I mean idiot, from Comcast, is a nightmare. You have a moron who really "From what I have heard" ->>>> (Aside from fucking her way in, and honestly, I am not even fucking flaming this time, Lisa Boelyn and her should write a book on Femenism and how to elevate in a corporate world) doesn"t understand jack shit about a for profit company. She was a fucking networker for Christ sake who figured out a way to charge the downtrodden in the industry to remain with contacts to get a new job. Period. Done. That"s all she did.

Do you want that in an MMORPG? A CEO who pulled the wool over people"s eyes to make a quick fucking buck? I bet you do from a business perspective. But I sure as shit do not want to see it from a QoS gamer point of view.

But honestly, which CEO"s aren"t about this? They are all fucked, or corrupt in one way or another.

What I will not stand for, is someone (and I use that term loosely because in this case "I feel" it is an entity logging into Ngruk) so full of shit that it just isn"t real.

I could stand up right now and tell the world who I am on the internet. I could have plus internets all of a sudden because now my opinion is valued more based on who I am. You fuckers buy right into that shit. Time and time again. And I am here to make sure the honesty is still here. Period. Christ, my guild knew Brett Favre was going to be in Winterpark on Monday, and I let the cat out of the bag on Sunday. To which I think only Wodin saw it. I fucking love that fucker. (Wodin... me and you bitch)

But I am not going to sell out. Ever. I love people hating my ass. Go ahead and hate it like Richard Simmons on a meth bender. I don"t give a fuck.

At least I didn"t sell out. At least I really do love games. At least I am not a gimmick that conforms like a lot of other shithole here because they are talking to a famous person (By the way, let me clue you in, all of you faggots, you too flight even though you rock.. talk to more celebrities than you even fucking know. We come here because our opinions are validated or flamed not based on who we are, but what we talk about)

If you fuckers only knew who posted here and reads here. And I sure as shit do not need to sell it or make it public. I will say this... Matt Mcounaheyheheyheheyh? Yeah. He reads this shit you fucking bitches.

Anyway, flight, in the end, close leaving was a power play. Pure and simple. If you do not know what that is just let me know and I can explain it further.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Sweet. Seems someones meds ran out.

No one, and I mean no one, has EVER posted in this thread as me, that wasn"t me.

In addition to being as big a tool as I"ve ever witnessed, Ut"s a liar, plain and simple.

You know that very thing he railed on 400 pages ago? It"s ok if you screw up, don"t ever lie! DON"T EVER LIE!!

Ya, Ut"s a liar. He doesn"t know ANYTHING about 38S that anyone here doesn"t (Well other than Jason, Steve, Shwayd or I)

He might pretend he does, hell he might even lie about me posting to a mod here to get him band (which didn"t happen), but trust me when I tell you, he doesn"t know anything about 38S beyond what anyone else here knows, regardless of what he THINKS he"s "letting you in on".

This forum, not started by me anyway, is titled "Green Monster Games"...

That"s the company I founded, the company I"ve spent closer to 30m than 10m on, the company creating the IP we are going to start rolling out.

This is the thread I"ll come to chat about 38 in, not really rocket science.

The hilarious part in all this, is that we have someone that is emulating an adult (as much as he can) who abhors everything about this, yet has made more posts and more visits to this thread than anyone. We haven"t even announced our game name yet

He"s "protecting" the blind people, the suck ups, from what? If you aren"t interested, don"t visit the thread. If our game sucks, don"t play it?

FWIW the people in this thread will do just find getting to the bottom of what we do, when they can and want to. Obviously you"re welcome to continue posting, it"s your guilds forum, and while I meant to not reply it gets challenging when entire pages of the thread are made up of you responding to yourself.

Let me say one more time, you"re a liar of epic proportions, and you don"t know jack about anything 38.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Utnayan said:
At least I am not a gimmick
That"s exactly what you are, and have been, for about 200 pages now.

BTW you aren"t a former anything, at least as athletics go, that much I know. You can continue to act like you know and are someone that knows the names you drop, but you aren"t, so for the few that might actually care what anyone here did in a former life Ut"s full of crap.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
You"re Utnayan. That"s all you are. Nothing more, nothing less. And Curt is Ngruk. Same deal. Celebrity means two things to me - jack and shit. Honestly. 100%.

Anyway, everyone this side of the pond knows you Americans don"t have a decent sport between you. You even have "World Championship Series" that involve one nation. What"s that all about ? I live by Stevie Gerrard of Liverpool, Fernando Torres is moving in opposite. There are some real sportsmen

I"d be hugely surprised if Brett doesn"t understand quality. The ethos just oozes out of him, when he is talking. Watching his IGDA speeches (via the web) I hadn"t been as engrossed since I was a 13 year old watching Raquel Welsh in 1,000,000 years B.C. I dunno - maybe I"ve been projecting me onto him ?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
.....and I was about to finish watching The Fifth Element again so I could admire the fine ass and pouting lips of one Leelou Multipass.

/popcorn

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ngruk said:
Hey there"s the real Schilling! The guy who thinks I am a liar even though I am more a sports celeb than you are, and to boot, up until this point, no one knew about it except a few select in my guild and a couple from EQ because I wanted my opinion validated on it"s face value, not an ego maniac like your sorry towel over the face ass that has come here to be the next Pitchmen.

My points still stand. You saw a teammate play a game and wrapped into it on the road and saw a marketing ploy to further your career. What is even more hilarious is we never heard about your gaming shit before the Twilight of your career and you needed to make more money elsewhere and keep that ego alive. Another reason why you cannot post here anon but let everyone know who you are. And don"t give me that shit about you didn"t make the thread, you were fucking in it on page 6 within 6 days. You knew God Damn well what was happening. And I was there. With this:

And I"d have something very similar at the Metrodome on the 50 yard line. Maybe a shout out to all my haters whose lack of common sense can be heard from Voyager 1.

PS: If that is really Schilling, I"ll trade up field passes to any Vikings game this season for your freebies if your family doesn"t come and you play the Twins in the post season. Just don"t stick me next to Al Newman"s wife in Section 124. She"s a bitch.
Liar my ass. You said I lied about the Kirb funeral. Christ, I was throwing with Mike Smithson and Sweet Music Viola when I was fucking 12 as a bat boy before I even considered football and loved baseball. Should I post the pic? Or would you like to continue to try and cover your sorry marketing ass here.

Youa re so full of shit it fucking hurts. If you want to make a game, fucking make it. But I will not watch you come in here and try to fool this people because you are going through a mid life and need something to do to bide your time while you throw money at a couple key figures to make a buck off suckers.

You know why I will always be better than you? Because I will NEVER sell out. I will never fuck off for the dollar. I played football because it was the love of my life. And yeah, I understand retirement/injury and you cannot play anymore and it sucks because that is all you knew and you are wondering what the fuck do I do now this was my entire identity.

It doesn"t give you free reign to fuck off the wallet of everyone here and promote a product that even Close left for. Which I still see nothing from you from on that comment. You played the political card and we all know why he is gone. How about you tell the people here? Mr. Spin town.

You want to play big daddy? It"s time to play. I am about ready to open the biggest can of whoop ass the internet has ever seen on your shit. Are you ready for it? Because this is just the beginning.

Half these fuckers don"t even know half of it.

Mitch Williams and your towel and Bonds go way beyond your shit tastic shittery. At least there you were just a fuck. Now you are being a fuck to take cash.

Big Difference.

Bring it, Bitch.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Utnayan said:
If you fuckers only knew who posted here and reads here. And I sure as shit do not need to sell it or make it public. I will say this... Matt Mcounaheyheheyheheyh? Yeah. He reads this shit you fucking bitches.
I actually was going to fire back on a point by point basis to this incoherent nonsensical ramble but I couldn"t pass this up.

Ya, Matt McConaughey the Hollywood movie star, reads this (not denying he might), ya, he reads this then checks in with a single white basement dwelling, dates Mom on Friday nights and drinks wine "expert on all things games", that lives in Minnesota....

What"s harder to believe? The 38 Team will make a great game, great IP? Or that? I"m going with the latter. I may be in the minority, but that"s where my gut takes me on this one....

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Ngruk said:
Ya, Matt McConaughey the Hollywood movie star, reads this (not denying he might), ya, he reads this then checks in with a single white basement dwelling, dates Mom on Friday nights and drinks wine "expert on all things games", that lives in Minnesota....

What"s harder to believe? The 38 Team will make a great game, great IP? Or that? I"m going with the latter. I may be in the minority, but that"s where my gut takes me on this one....
I might be wrong, but I"m not totally sure you meant the latter

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ngruk said:
I actually was going to fire back on a point by point basis to this incoherent nonsensical ramble but I couldn"t pass this up.

Let me clue you in on something else.

That resume you looked at that Smedley emailed you... ? Yeah. I know about that. 1> Isn"t my last name. 2> I put a bunch of other shit on there because I am not about to put a bunch of bullet points on:

: NFL TEAM - (Date here, and end here)

* Made sure I tackled the fuckers.
* Took the ball away when I could and pointed to the sky
* Went after Favre like a red headed stepchild.
* John Randle showed me the true meaning of "helmet to the knee" and why it hurts when we were fucking around in Eden Prairie.
* Kept my eyes on the brown leather thing.

You dumbass. I love it that you think you have me all figured out from a resume I threw Smed back in 2006 which has my middle name as my last, and you have no clue on the first.

Grab the popcorn fuckers. I will release a bomb in about the next hour here on your new CEO.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is really getting so personal and pathetic. Perhaps we should hand Ut a football, Curt a baseball, stand em 20 yards apart and let "em have a go at each other. We"re almost there anyway.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Utnayan said:
That resume you looked at that Smedley emailed you... ? Yeah. I know about that. 1> Isn"t my last name. 2> I put a bunch of other shit on there because I am not about to put a bunch of bullet points on:
What are you talking about? Smed hasn"t, doesn"t, and never will send me resumes. Why would he? Not to mention you just pissed all over your posts talking about "If I wanted in the game industry I would be in it"...

Why would Smed have your resume? Why would anyone? Because you made a Doom mod? Please.

And thanks again for not forcing anyone to call you a liar. It"s easier to see and accept just reading your posts.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
OneofOne said:
This is really getting so personal and pathetic. Perhaps we should hand Ut a football, Curt a baseball, stand em 20 yards apart and let "em have a go at each other. We"re almost there anyway.
You proved my point. I do not need to say who I am. He does.

You fuckers have either loved me or hated me since the dawn of my generated name on EQ. (Seriously... thats now I got it) and I love it. You might hate my shit, you might not. A lot agree. Some are ass kissers. Some don"t agree and that"s fine. But in the end, I am not going to sell out my shit to sell a product. I would rather sit in the shadows on my anon handle here and talk about what matters.

And what matters is my precious hobby is being fucked with by a bunch of mouth neck breathing faggots that are in it for the buck and have no clue what it is like to play games to make them, but"s worse, pass off their name to make a dollar based on shit that will never be finished, and above that, Curt Schilling which I didn"t even think was fucking possible.

I want to talk to Brad. I want to actually say, you know what? You are a faggot for what you did. But, at least he was on drugs.

This fucker does it sober.