Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

Aethn Anvel_foh

shitlord
I like the new name better.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw Green Monster Games was baseball and other sports games, not MMO"s. 38 Studios will represent a better diversified name, and you kept the little monster logo, which is a good thing since hes pretty cool.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Cadrid said:
Did this "confusion" prompt the creation of your company"snew name?
No. We talked long and hard about making this change. The last thing we"d want to do is to appear uncertain about something that isn"t that complicated. In the end we decided that the new name truly did encompass more of what we hope to be and do.
Most companies end up with shortened names and we"d have ended up "Green Monster" at some point, which I think might have caused some confusion or been misleading as to who and what we are.
I don"t think it would have been a big deal, but we ended up going this route because of the long term vision as opposed to anything else.
We"re going to be launching our company website in the next month or so, should be cool.
Our little site is up, and you can get some cool gear in English, Japanese and Spanish right now
Also going to be starting my personal blog in the next few weeks as well.
Should be a good forum to discuss the world from my perspective, baseball, family, the industry and much more. Time to start writing about the "writers" Let"s see how they react to criticism

Yay tshirts =) The GMG (err 38studio) monster is cute =) reminds me in some ways of the Phanklin over at phank.com with my gaming group.

Going to order a shirt in the next day or two =)

EDIT: make that, just ordered one. The only problem with tshirts that i like is, i"m hesitant to wear them too much because i dont want them to fade with too many washing =D Also, gmail default filters the order confirmation / reciepts from the company GMG is using for their shirts to the spam folder, so if you use gmail as the email addy, check your spam folder when ordering a shirt =)

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Ngruk said:
Also going to be starting my personal blog in the next few weeks as well.
I hope I read "The Cleveland Indians are dominating the AL" on your blog

The Red Sox have a good program, wish you and your company the best. Your team keeps beating me on MLB 2k7, that Big Pappi/Ramirez lineup is killer

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Got a blog going that started tonight. Hoping to be able to discuss things across the board and interact with people there at some point. Danuser came up with the highly innovative and creative38 Pitches, he"s creative like that

Cuppycake_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:
Got a blog going that started tonight. Hoping to be able to discuss things across the board and interact with people there at some point. Danuser came up with the highly innovative and creative38 Pitches, he"s creative like that
Linked on my blogroll =)

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
James said:
Needs more space between paragraphs! Like, two enters!
Still working on getting comfortable with the format. Doesn"t seem to want me to double space atm.

I promise I"ll get to some 38 Studios stuff! Btw anyone check out the shirts/hats? Thoughts?

Cadrid_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:
I promise I"ll get to some 38 Studios stuff! Btw anyone check out the shirts/hats? Thoughts?
I"d buy a shirt with a smaller 38 Studios logo over the heart. The big logo and URL on front is just a little too "in your face" for my tastes, I guess. As for the hats, I look as good in a hat as Christopher Walken would in a man thong, so I defer to anyone else on that topic.

Also, how many other sites do you frequent in relation to your MMO career?

Alarion_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:
Still working on getting comfortable with the format. Doesn"t seem to want me to double space atm.

Actually Curt, the hats don"t look bad at all. Not a big fan of open-back hats, but not much else you can really do there without costs going through the roof. I may pick one up soon

The shirts.. eh, not too bad really. I am mixed on them I think.

I have to say, I do like the logo

Duppin_sl

shitlord
As a massive baseball geek, I"m much less interested in the 38 Studios part of the blog than I am in all of the insights into the mind of a top-flight major league pitcher.

I hope that you don"t get shut down on talking about that stuff, I can see people in the organization not liking it as a long-term thing maybe.

Cadrid_foh

shitlord
Duppin said:
I hope that you don"t get shut down on talking about that stuff, I can see people in the organization not liking it as a long-term thing maybe.
I second this sentiment. It"s not often a public figure voices their opinion with such candor, and it"s refreshing to say the least. I may not agree with everything he says (sorry, Curt!) but it"s damn nice to hear someone speak their mind.