Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

Kasi_foh

shitlord
It"s not the first time he"s done this either. During Boston"s world series run in 04 he had a lot of fun posting on the sons of sam horn site during the series with the Yankees. So yeah he has been known to visit message boards.

Welcome Curt. Don"t be surprised if people here are more vicious than baseball politics and GMs.

Coryl_foh

shitlord
It"s very likely Curt.

It reads like one of his posts from nyyfans or sonsofsamhorn baseball sites.

Excited to see you posting. Hope to see you pitching at Fenway again sometime soon.

Mero_foh

shitlord
If I were Schilling, there are probably a million different things I could mention in my first post here, but referencing Utnayan wouldn"t be one of them. Don"t get me wrong, I personally think Ut is often a "good read," although sometimes annoying as fuck, but citing him in your first post is either (a) asking for trouble; (b) desperate for a debate; (c) horrible PR management; and/or (d) just plain stupid.

By the way, does Ut have time for Schilling? I mean, he has his hands full already with his "Ut v. Smed" "Ut v. Brad" ongoing diatribes. I am going to call this Utnayan v. Schilling, Case No. 06-MMO-0003.

Awh, maybe he can fit him into his schedule over the lunch hour. But be fair-warned my portly Red Sox friend, Ut will bust your balls worse than ARod at the plate, and hound you to the end of time, while always coming back for seconds. Oh, and don"t forget, unlike the MLB, you don"t get a relief pitcher to bail your ass out here. (not that you needed it much during your career)

TaTa,

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
...Your teammate is on first base and you are up to bat with a 3-2 count with 2 outs. This run ties up the game and puts you into extra innings. Your team has been struggling to pull out high moral to get the bats going although defense has been pretty tight all day.

You watch the pitcher go threw his motions as you step back up to the plate, consciously watching the right fielder creep over to the left because you are a pull hitter. You know what to do, advance the runner to third and get a rally going, hit opposite field and show your team you are clutch. Coach has been hounding your ass all day because you haven"t been performing up to standard and this is your moment to shine amongst a team of A+ players...

Baseball > all

xregg_foh

shitlord
Hopefully this game will be dark and gritty and for adults. Id like to see a more risky mmorpg. Something along the warhammer vein.

I just started reading The thousand orcs while in the hospital for a couple days(kidney stones ouch!) Seems like a decent book. I believe Salvator will craft a well thought out world. I wonder if he plays mmo"s? Does he and Mcfarlane actually play these kinds of games? Or are they in it for the money. I think it will show in there work if they are lovers of the genre or not. We all know Curt is as addicted to mmo"s as we all are so thats a plus.

If they can keep this project away from pencil pushers with no clue then I think they may have a winning combination on their hands.

*waves to the people he knows, and harasses Biny*

I may not post here much (ok, I think my last post was in 2003) but I do still read / lurk here. All I can say is Green Monster Games has me excited. Since I heard about it the greenmonstergames.net page has been in my bookmarks. However there is one thing I can not find just yet, which is where they will be based out of. I"m currently a software engineer at EMC in Massachusetts, trying to pay off my college loans for the purpose of getting into the gaming industry (and of being able to afford to take the huge pay cut associated if I get my foot in the door of the gaming industry)

The possibility of another local gaming company has me excited. I was wondering if anyoneknew yet where GMG is going to be located? Not that when it comes time to enter the game industry I wont be willing to move, but owning a house makes it a bit more cumbersome. In the mean time, I"ll keep watching their help wanted page. As they say, the hardest part of the gaming industry is getting your foot in the door. With only several years of storage system software programming under my belt and a degree in computer engineering (aka digital hardware) I dont qualify for any of the sr. programmer positions that most studios are looking for, but once I make the plunge, any position would work if I see a listing =)

EDIT: Fixed a few obvious spelling mistakes.

redjunkopera_foh

shitlord
I"m currently a software engineer at EMC in Massachusetts, trying to pay off my college loans for the purpose of getting into the gaming industry (and of being able to afford to take the huge pay cut associated if I get my foot in the door of the gaming industry)
rofl... I"m in biotech waiting for my company to go public so I can sell off my stock and afford to get a job with a gaming company... wonder how common that is.

What kind of games are ya planning on making Curt?

Ngruk said:
5 Clock Tower Place, Suite 140
Maynard , Mass
Well I don"t know anything about Massachussetts, probably not even how to spell it correctly, but I"m pretty sure you want to hire me based on your desire to retain the best of the best. Plus my wife would be tickled to live in a town called "Maynard," at least for a few minutes.

Call..thx.

Man0warr_foh

shitlord
Does he and Mcfarlane actually play these kinds of games?
RA Salvatore played EQ at one time atleast. I remember reading on his site a long time ago, he had a ranger character (maybe on EMarr?), and he got in a lawsuit with Sony or something because they changed his character name because of trademark infringement, even though he owned the trademark.

tyen

<Banned>
Man0warr said:
he got in a lawsuit with Sony or something because they changed his character name because of trademark infringement, even though he owned the trademark.
lololol

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Don"t believe everything you think you read

And yes, RA is a pretty hardcore MMO player, as am I. But rest assured this is not a "3 rich guys thinking they can make a game".

While we do think we each bring a pretty unique skillset to the table, none of us code, computer design, or 3D animate. Those are the things you find the best talent in the gaming industry for.

Let me add that for every person in this forum calling RA a hack, or Todd whatever they call him, I"ll defend either of them as 10 times more talented than anyone posting here and most likely two of the more talented people on our planet at what they do. Like or dislike their work I don"t think you can deny that both of them are incredibly talented at what they do.

tyen

<Banned>
Ngruk said:
Let me add that for every person in this forum calling RA a hack, or Todd whatever they call him, I"ll defend either of them as 10 times more talented than anyone posting here..
^^ I love that guy. Please don"t stop posting here.

Mero_foh

shitlord
Locke said:
I"m looking forward to GMG and Ngruk"s posts, which are never a boring read! (that takes talent too)
Yes, he certainly is an interesting poster thus far. Let us hope he finds our forums as enjoyable as we do and continues his "straight-forward" posts. It"s nice to have a "developer" with a since of flare and even a little bit of arrogance in him(complimentary). He"ll need that in this industry.

By the way, Theo should have made a trade at the deadline. First to third and now sinking like the Titanic...don"t you have any pull with the front office. Tell those fucktards to earn their pay like you have too. Cheers!

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
They tried to make a deal. The major deals they were involved in were for some big time talent but the price tag was too steep for Theo to move on.

The talent we had was good enough to get us 4.5 games up. We are where we are because we played like crap and we had an incredibly bad run of injuries and bad breaks, and the Yanks played their butts off.