Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
RJ will go down as arguably one of the 3-4 most dominating strike out pitchers that ever lived, if not the most dominating. Josh still has his legacy to craft but I wouldn"t bet against him.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Ngruk said:
RJ will go down as arguably one of the 3-4 most dominating strike out pitchers that ever lived, if not the most dominating. Josh still has his legacy to craft but I wouldn"t bet against him.
Should steroid offenders have their marks taken out of record books? :p

I"m thinking of a certain Yankee and Giant here...

anyways, you owe it to yourself to at least check out TR even if you aren"t particularly interested in the sci-fi setting since you are in the business of MMO"s.

(oh and I saw what RJ did to that bird, no way I"d ever want to bat against him :p)

Cowbell_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:
I really appreciate you taking the time out to talk with us, and specifically myself over the last 1hr or so. It"s nice to see that from "the big guys" every once in a while. If when Im back from lunch, you have left, I jsut wanted to say Merry Christmas to you and to keep your nose to the grindstone, sir.

-Less classes, more freedom Having 24 in one game is just too damn many to keep up with and balance!
take care

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Agraza said:
I have relatively little respect for R.A. since I don"t care for his Drizzt novels. The original three are decent and then they just go nowhere. But solo work on a novel with invincible implausible characters and setting up a scenario or background for an MMO are very different. I doubt he can do that much harm. We don"t sit back bitching about whether Veeshan is a gigantic #$@!$ afterall.
You have little respect for him? Or you just aren"t a fan? Respect denotes personal knowledge of someone doesn"t it? Maybe that"s just how I take the word, it"s a pretty significant to me, my respect for someone else.

Not liking an artist has zero to do with respect to me.

He"s basically entered the NYT best seller list multiple times in a genre that gets very little play there. His audience is world wide, and ya I am biased because I am a fan, but his talent is irrefutable imo. The guy knows how to make iconic characters and memorable worlds, far more than I could ever do with a pencil and paper.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Daezuel said:
Should steroid offenders have their marks taken out of record books? :p

I"m thinking of a certain Yankee and Giant here...

anyways, you owe it to yourself to at least check out TR even if you aren"t particularly interested in the sci-fi setting since you are in the business of MMO"s.
Down loading a trial now.

And ya, if someone is caught, or admits to using, the time period in use should be completely wiped out in my opinion, stats, awards, all the personal stuff. Even if you have to go back and "re-gift" awards I am all for it.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Ngruk said:

And ya, if someone is caught, or admits to using, the time period in use should be completely wiped out in my opinion, stats, awards, all the personal stuff. Even if you have to go back and "re-gift" awards I am all for it.
Damn, I"ve always liked you since I heard you were a gamer, too bad you don"t pitch for the Dodgers

(oh and really the thing I hate most about the steroid stuff is the tarnish it puts on the legitimate players and the fact they had to compete against a bunch of cheaters...I personally don"t care what someone does to their bodies otherwise)

Dennadyne_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:

regifting sucks. I got a broken coin collector last year.

Whatever you do Ngruk, please make raiding more than a few lame groups. I know 72+ man raids will probably never happen again, but there sure is an awesome feeling when you down a big badass mob with like 40 other people, a collective omg we r so awesome feels pretty good.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
The MLB should fine the player for using steroids for their whole entire salary for the years they used steroids. Then they make it into a big check and the offender has to hand it over to charity in a huge press release.

Dennadyne_foh

shitlord
Tyen said:
The MLB should fine the player for using steroids for their whole entire salary for the years they used steroids. Then they make it into a big check and the offender has to hand it over to charity in a huge press release.
Good luck getting the players association to sign off on that one

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Just wanted to say I really enjoy R. A. Salvatore"s writing as I"ve read around 15 of his books, his fight scenes are excellent and , for the record, Artemis Entreri >>>> Drizzt.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
R.A. is a pretty good author. I loved reading his Star Wars books. Put some nice flavor on it.

38S"s got a good mix of talent on the top end. Good writer, good artist and a baseball player that loves MMOs and has the money to spend.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Ngruk said:

think this will ever happen with bud selig as commish? i mean, he"s the main reason why all this cheating happened in the first place. he knew what was going on even in the mid 90"s. the 98 season really "saved baseball" because that summer really got a lot of people reinterested in the sport after the strike. it was plainly obvious mcguire and sosa were on steroids (among others). i mean, you could see the zits all over mcguire"s neck when he was playing and on his back in some post game interviews. i"m originally from pittsburgh, and when barry bonds came into the league he weighed maybe 190 pounds, then, in his mid 30"s he goes to san fran and puts on 50 pounds of muscle and his head grows 4 sizes.

i just think it was a combination of selig knowing the homerun chase was good for the sport and being horribly afraid of the player"s union. testing for steroids and other performance enhancing drugs should have been in place since the early 80"s. however, i hope this investigation leads to many people being suspended and records being removed.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I wonder why Baseball is so targeted though...is anyone gonna sit here and tell me that there aren"t far more roided up freaks in the NFL?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Ngruk said:
You have little respect for him? Or you just aren"t a fan? Respect denotes personal knowledge of someone doesn"t it? Maybe that"s just how I take the word, it"s a pretty significant to me, my respect for someone else.

Not liking an artist has zero to do with respect to me.

He"s basically entered the NYT best seller list multiple times in a genre that gets very little play there. His audience is world wide, and ya I am biased because I am a fan, but his talent is irrefutable imo. The guy knows how to make iconic characters and memorable worlds, far more than I could ever do with a pencil and paper.
I don"t consider a best seller list the definitive mark of quality, but marketability. McDonald"s sells millions of burgers a day, but the bar at the airfield in DeLand has the best burgers in the world, and I imagine they sell less than 10,000 a year. WoW is a great game, and anyone can easily take away a thousand good and bad lessons from the game, but there are still plenty of reasons to complain despite 9 million subscribers worldwide.

I dislike Salvatore"s Drizzt novels because he makes weak choices in regards to the characters and the world that they inhabit. It"s almost childish. His short Crimson Shadow series was textbook formulaic fantasy. I wasn"t repelled by the story, but I was disappointed as, at the time, I was a Salvatore reader. I ended up taking nothing away from those novels, and after trying to read a few more of his works just abandoned him altogether. He is a titan of today"s fantasy literature in much the same way Budweiser is a titan of beer. He produces a marketable, easy to swallow story that you"re comfortable with - full of stereotypes and those that defy their stereotypes, in stereotypical ways.

I"m sure Salvatore is a great guy, and he can write better than I can, but I like my novels to be more heavy hitting than he cares to deliver. That says almost nothing about his potential as a loremaster for your game, or whatever your team refers to him as. I don"t respect his fantasy novels, but I respect that he has helped the genre along, so I suppose that I don"t disrespect him as a person. I think that is the correct term. It doesn"t have much to do with being a fan to me. I don"t support or slam artists based on an irrelevant bias, as far as I know. Hell, I drink Bud, and I"ve read Salvatore cover to cover.

Steven Erikson and George Martin, two of my current favorites, deliver plausible characters that face consequences for the choices they make. The story revolves not so much around their pet characters as around the events of the entire world, despite any characters they might cherish. The characters often help shape the events, but they are just as often witnesses to them as well. I don"t know how they stand on best seller lists either, but along with Alastair Reynolds (science fiction) they"re the best in their field from what I"ve read.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Agraza said:
I don"t consider a best seller list the definitive mark of quality, but marketability. McDonald"s sells millions of burgers a day, but the bar at the airfield in DeLand has the best burgers in the world, and I imagine they sell less than 10,000 a year. WoW is a great game, and anyone can easily take away a thousand good and bad lessons from the game, but there are still plenty of reasons to complain despite 9 million subscribers worldwide.

I dislike Salvatore"s Drizzt novels because he makes weak choices in regards to the characters and the world that they inhabit. It"s almost childish. His short Crimson Shadow series was textbook formulaic fantasy. I wasn"t repelled by the story, but I was disappointed as, at the time, I was a Salvatore reader. I ended up taking nothing away from those novels, and after trying to read a few more of his works just abandoned him altogether. He is a titan of today"s fantasy literature in much the same way Budweiser is a titan of beer. He produces a marketable, easy to swallow story that you"re comfortable with - full of stereotypes and those that defy their stereotypes, in stereotypical ways.

I"m sure Salvatore is a great guy, and he can write better than I can, but I like my novels to be more heavy hitting than he cares to deliver. That says almost nothing about his potential as a loremaster for your game, or whatever your team refers to him as. I don"t respect his fantasy novels, but I respect that he has helped the genre along, so I suppose that I don"t disrespect him as a person. I think that is the correct term. It doesn"t have much to do with being a fan to me. I don"t support or slam artists based on an irrelevant bias, as far as I know. Hell, I drink Bud, and I"ve read Salvatore cover to cover.

Steven Erikson and George Martin, two of my current favorites, deliver plausible characters that face consequences for the choices they make. The story revolves not so much around their pet characters as around the events of the entire world, despite any characters they might cherish. The characters often help shape the events, but they are just as often witnesses to them as well. I don"t know how they stand on best seller lists either, but along with Alastair Reynolds (science fiction) they"re the best in their field from what I"ve read.
I just started getting into Martin last year. As far as delivering plausible characters, I"d argue that while Martin may do it, the fact of the matter for me is that by page 22 he"s introduced 11,423 of them to me and I can"t remember who"s who.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
etchazz said:
think this will ever happen with bud selig as commish? i mean, he"s the main reason why all this cheating happened in the first place. he knew what was going on even in the mid 90"s. the 98 season really "saved baseball" because that summer really got a lot of people reinterested in the sport after the strike. it was plainly obvious mcguire and sosa were on steroids (among others). i mean, you could see the zits all over mcguire"s neck when he was playing and on his back in some post game interviews. i"m originally from pittsburgh, and when barry bonds came into the league he weighed maybe 190 pounds, then, in his mid 30"s he goes to san fran and puts on 50 pounds of muscle and his head grows 4 sizes.

i just think it was a combination of selig knowing the homerun chase was good for the sport and being horribly afraid of the player"s union. testing for steroids and other performance enhancing drugs should have been in place since the early 80"s. however, i hope this investigation leads to many people being suspended and records being removed.
Please don"t put the blame for the steroid era on the commissioner. While I would probably agree there was much more that could have been done by the powers that be, ignoring the true culprit does no one any good.

The players that chose to cheat and break the law are the ones to blame, and I think there is most likely an argument against players like me as well, players that just KNEW there was something going on, even though I have never seen it first hand, and through my and our inaction allowed it to grow and become the culture instead of standing up and voicing an opinion to stop it.