Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Agraza said:
I was 3 boxing up alts in some Velious zone I can"t recall the name of, hunting the walrus, and this douchebag druid came along to tie up half of the spawn with his quad kiting. I moved since he was being a dick, I didn"t have the time to win my spot, and there was plenty of shit to kill, but I wanted to hunt the damn walrus. From that moment forth I despised quad kiting. Much better was them using charmed animals in Tactics or wherever they could. Much <3 for charm killing.
This is why Sullon Zek was such a giant ball of fun. If someone was camping your shit, you either a) killed them, or if they"re were allied with you b) trained them (if they were dicks).

Solariss_foh

shitlord
Genjiro said:
This is why Sullon Zek was such a giant ball of fun. If someone was camping your shit, you either a) killed them, or if they"re were allied with you b) trained them (if they were dicks).
Fading Memories + Sullon Zek = wicked fun. I can"t tell you how much satisfaction you can get from ninja looting the other team"s kills. I actually have a screenshot of me ninja looting cursed in ssra temple from the other team. (and that was totally legal)

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Draegan said:
I enjoyed the few days of owned a DM grind camp in AOC.
I leveled from 20-50 in keshetta while in a group leaching xp. =)

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Ok I am just posting to test my new sigs. No need to comment on the epic suckiness of Wyndwraith, he"s my Blacksmith (least that"s the excuse I am using when you see his gear)....

Column_sl

shitlord
Ngruk you may want to take that down LOL. You are going to be in tell hell like you would not believe with those sigs up.

Gaereth_foh

shitlord
It is nice to see that your just as much of a game nerd as the rest of us Ngruk.

So many of the guys in charge of these games are more, well, intellectually oriented towards the games rather than a player of the games. They think terribly hard about wonderful ideas for the games rather than just getting waist deep and making sure what they do is fun.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
column said:
Ngruk you may want to take that down LOL. You are going to be in tell hell like you would not believe with those sigs up.
Trust me, I"ve run through the worst of it already. It"s never as bad as people think and I have no issues not replying when I am busy.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
I was DROW in EQ2 for a long time. When I made the late jump to WoW I went guildless for the first toon, to 70, and then 38 Studios happened along and we formed a guild here. Since moved most of my toons to AIE and The Earthen Ring because the play style is as perfect as anything I could ask for.

Incredible group, huge group, of players that allow my kids and I to play together and me not have to worry about F bombs in guild or vent, and at the same time a large very hard core group of high end raiding folks with spots open pretty much 24/7 to get into any content you could want.

Last night I organized a 25 man raid, never been in anything above 5 man, and we went into Tempest Keep. 14 of the players had never raided before.

We got to the Reaver before calling it a night, but it was pretty cool to be with a group of people who were experiencing raiding for the first time, and hear them all fired up after we downed the first 6 pull on the 2nd shot. I enjoy that part of MMO"s. I"ll eventually get the gear I want if I want it bad enough, but the cool social stuff that can happen is fun for me, in a geeky sort of way I guess.

You can have your min/max f bomb dropping DKP minusing raids. I"ve done that and would rather beat the crap out of the raid leaders than the mobs most times. There is zero fun in that for me. Finding a group of people that are fun as hell to hang with AND can take down high end content has always been the challenge for me.

I can get a group/raid up and organized inside of 30 minutes for pretty much anything on the planet. What I can"t do, and probably won"t ever do, is know the exact need for every class in every raid spot of a raid. I did that before, not interested, too much work (but I loved doing it when I had time).

Last night I was MA and had a blast. One epic screw up when I thunderclapped and broke a sheep, but other than that it was fun as hell. I am dead set on learning how to MT end game content, and that"s not something you can just get gear and show up to do. You need to be with folks that get the whole "learning curve" thing and aren"t going to make life hell on people to the point they just won"t raid.

I did find it funny though, that last night as I was doing this, someone joined raid only to inform us there was no way they were going, they had no interest in repair bills. But we managed to run Mech, and afterwards get a 25 man in raid, to TK and in the instance with instructions inside of 30 minutes. Given that there are close to 2000 people in the guild the lack of drama and the enormous amount of people that are just out to help others makes it an incredibly unique experience and has really re-energized my fun meter.

Going to run SL tonight, and maybe set foot in kara for the first time

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Ngruk said:
and then 38 Studios happened along andwe formed a guild here.
Last night I organized a 25 man raid, never been in anything above 5 man, and we went into Tempest Keep.14 of the players had never raided before.
I"d suggest you hire a few more people with significant raiding experience over there at 38 to help out with the endgame. Worked out reasonably well for Blizzard.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
tad10 said:
I"d suggest you hire a few more people with significant raiding experience over there at 38 to help out with the endgame. Worked out reasonably well for Blizzard.
We had this discussion near the beginning of this thread.

spronk_foh

shitlord
You know your MMO is going to be ballin" when your CEO has tanked Void Reaver. You guys should also go do Gruuls and Magtheridons, easy loot.

Makes me happy that ngruk has so many 70s and is raiding, since thats exactly the kind of game I like to play - alt friendly, casual raiding.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
tad10 said:
How do you define "significant" raiding experience and why would having that be valuable for creating end game content? Who on our current staff would meet that "significant" raiding experience pre-req?

If I remember correctly the WoW "endgame" at launch was a cause of major backlash wasn"t it?

Creative thinking, cool idea implementing people are just that, regardless of the amount of time they"ve spent in Hyjal, ZA or The Plane of Fear. I would argue that knowing how that content works and has worked in the past is a valuable part but by no means is it a priority or a need for people to create that raiding high end content for Copernicus.

It"s awesome that the entire design team can reference past work, or past experiences as they are creating and will create this content for our world but some incredibly cool and very unique and different ideas and creations have come from people that have done zero raiding or high end content in WOW or EQ.

The main thing, for me, that people with game development exposure to creating this content bring to the table, if they are good at what they do and into making a great game (and not their game) is allow us to get farther down the road without stepping in the potholes they all stepped in the first time around but also go in directions they couldn"t or weren"t allowed to the first or second time around the block.