Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

Zaphid_foh

shitlord
column said:
Can"t wait to see what Blizzard has planned to cockblock your new game LOL.

Hell even a lame game like Guild Wars 2 was buried this week by a well planned Blizzard announcement.
Nah, I think it"s more of a coincidence that Arenanet decided to show their game few days before Blizzcon, they obviously wanted to finally show something and Gamescom is, along with PAX, last chance before the christmas train arrives. I think they will show more stuff at PAX, where Blizzard announces a game and after that we get shit on biscuits till someone datamines alpha.

Column_sl

shitlord
Have you been watching the last few years. Anybody launches or announces anything,and Blizzard comes around to stomp it in the ground.

Not a huge WoW fan,but I find it amusing the amount of cock blocking they do over there lol

Pyros_foh

shitlord
Don"t think Cataclysm has buried GW2, it"s just that GW2 didn"t have all that much to show, so enthusiasm for anyone with a brain is limited, CG trailers only goes so far, while Cataclysm is already pretty advanced. Pretty sure GW2 will launch later than Cataclysm too, and yeah that"s considering Blizzard super speed pace.

What has good chances of burying everything else is Blizz new mmo. Cataclysm might bring back some players because it redoes everything, but let"s not dream either, it"s still wow. Their new mmo though, this would create massive shit all around. It seems it"s not even close enough to be showed this year at the blizzcon, so doubt it"s anytime soon.

Column_sl

shitlord
They wont waiste Cataclysm on GW2. They will just release some extra content for there latest expansion or some other new gimmick

Probly waiting for something bigger like Star Wars to launch Cataclysm.
Who Knows

Bongk_foh

shitlord
It is amazing to me that UT has not yet been banned.

Requiem has built up a good thing with many of the most recognizable people in the MMOG industry posting here and bringing discussions to us. This is a very valuable commodity that most any forum would kill for.

Than we have one bonehead, not associated with the guild the forum was created for, and also not a moderator or on staff here. And this person is mocking industry insiders pretending his is a someone who matters and knows things. Potentially he is chasing away other game makers who would post here but see some of the shit that these people get put through and just say fuck it.

Who would you rather have posting here if you owned the forum, some blowhard jackass player who "thinks" he knows shit about games or the people truly making games and are interested in engaging with us about their product.

I am truly amazed Requiem hasn"t shown UT a perma ban.

Gecko_foh

shitlord
column said:
Have you been watching the last few years. Anybody launches or announces anything,and Blizzard comes around to stomp it in the ground.

Not a huge WoW fan,but I find it amusing the amount of cock blocking they do over there lol
That has less to do with Blizzard and more to do with the quality of other releases.

I guarantee if SW:TOR has strong buzz with it"s open beta with good story, fun gameplay, and nice classes it won"t mattter what patch or expansion Blizzard releases, it"ll still grab huge chunks of market share from it.

Guildwars was a fun game, but it was limited in scope. If Guildwars 2 does something innovative they could sell a ton. I"d love it if they could have a Neverwinter Nights style MMO content creator. Look at how many crap EMU servers are out there. Imagine software and server side setup to build your own mini MMO. Rent servers and add more expandable content via expansion.

Column_sl

shitlord
Well the armchair quaterbacks were right about Vanguard.... I forgot the dudes name that did endless tirades on that game,but he turned out to be dead on.

Bongk_foh

shitlord
column said:
Well the armchair quaterbacks were right about Vanguard.... I forgot the dudes name that did endless tirades on that game,but he turned out to be dead on.
so you would rather have JayRebbs and Ut"s tirades chasing away devs from posting here, than have direct discussions like adults with the people from gaming companies about future games being released?

p.s. nice negs, who exactly am I sucking up to? Where did I ever say anything nice about 38 studios? I just don"t have to act like a 12 year old.

Mippo_foh

shitlord
Well, we don"t know anything about Copernicus at all in regards to gameplay so there really isn"t any information available to base an opinion on. Nobody has any clue whether the game will succeed or fail at this point.

Slick Willey_foh

shitlord
Bongk said:
so you would rather have JayRebbs and Ut"s tirades chasing away devs from posting here, than have direct discussions like adults with the people from gaming companies about future games being released?

p.s. nice negs, who exactly am I sucking up to? Where did I ever say anything nice about 38 studios? I just don"t have to act like a 12 year old.
If I had to choose between Brad and Ut, I"d go with Ut. Brad"s posts sucked. BAD. They had little substance and were nothing more than marketing hype, plain and simple. At least Ut"s posts are entertaining.

Seriously, if Ut is driving any given developer away, its probably for the better because more likely than not its because they are full of shit, trying to sell shit, and will add nothing of substance other than marketing hype.

Column_sl

shitlord
Bongk said:

Bongk these devs say nothing. BTW I did not neg u.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
It"s really easy honestly. Ut"s contributions add nothing, and only take away if you read them. Blind squirrels find nuts every now and then, everyone is right if they throw enough against the wall, but the quicker you get people that are intentionally anti or white noise for the sake of attention the easier it is to recognize that as such, and move on to stuff and opinions that matter or are relevant.

People are unusually fascinated with car wrecks and other peoples pain, it"s why we slow down when we pass one and why a misguided segment of our country turned on Jerry Springer.

This thread has been a watershed event for me because for the most part I"ve been a "reactor" to things like that and people like him. I"ve come to find out there is a difference between relevant negative criticism and idiots.

I"m ok with being criticized, always have been, and when appropriate I"ll adjust or change to get better at something. Going down that path also opens you up to exposure to the small % of people who demand attention, even when their opinions are baseless and irrelevant.

Ut knows no more about gaming, making games, playing games or games history than anyone else his age on this forum, the difference is he believes he does.

Column_sl

shitlord
You can say all that,but when vanguard was in Beta and everyone refused to say anything bad about it. The nut throwers exposed every shitty mechanic of that game,and also exposed the devs as incompetent fools.

Not saying that will happen to your game,BUT when that sucker goes into Beta I want to know exactly what is going on from people who are not afraid to speak there piece.

Ngruk_foh

shitlord
Oh I totally agree, and the beauty of this industry is there is no shortage of those people around. However there is a smaller majority who turn themselves into non-entities due to their style.

Rush Limbaugh, Maher, Coulter, Olbermann.

Most of them are pretty damn bright, but they are so overboard, so obnoxious, so "I"m right and everyone"s wrong" they get tuned out, by everyone.

I view this as a dumbed down version of that, me included!

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
tl;dr version: Ignore utnayan and stop shitting up threads by chain gun replying to him. WoW has a major advantage in it"s had 5 years to become convenient to play in addition to all the content it has. Player run servers suck balls.

Bongk said:
I"d rather them man the fuck up and just keep posting. If they can"t deal with a disgruntled player then good, fuck them. Stay in your goddamn ivory tower where everybody tells you how great long travel times and exp loss is and you"re protected by your fanboys violently telling everyone to fuck off back to WoW if they even dare suggest that your game is sluggish and boring.

If you reach the point of no return where they become redundant, then put them on ignore like the rest of us do.

Utnayan is a triple edged sword. Sometimes he"s right. Sometimes he"s right but won"t fucking shut up about it. And sometimes he"s just batshit insane. But you know who annoys me more? The fuckers who have absolutely nothing to contribute to the discussion we"re having and shit up threads Utnayan is in by following him around and slinging your zangy and whacky one liners at him. The only thing worse then Utnayan is the half dozen retards who tell him he"s a no life faggot every.single.fucking.time.

Anyways...

Gecko said:
I guarantee if SW:TOR has strong buzz with it"s open beta with good story, fun gameplay, and nice classes it won"t mattter what patch or expansion Blizzard releases, it"ll still grab huge chunks of market share from it.

...Look at how many crap EMU servers are out there....
One of the big hurdles any new game is going to have is how much annoying shit they leave in. One of the things that really keeps me playing WoW is, although slow, they have over the years been systematically removing everything that annoyed me about the game on the micro level.

I"m talking about linked flight paths, buyback on vendors, being able to send mail instantly to your alts, reducing the impact of and thus need to farm consumables, removing heavy resist gear fights, the new totem laying shaman mechanic, increasing buff durations for paladins and so on and so forth, my inventory has steadily been increasing. Meeting stones and the LFG system are in dire need of work but are at least present. The interface bends to my will.

Sometimes it"s not as much as I want, or as good as I want. And there"s a ton of shit that still needs to go (1 class down, 6 to go motherfuckers. Fuck mana!) but it"s an ever moving process.

Then I go and play Aion and a ton of annoying shit is back. Buffing is a pain in the ass. The interface is locked and non-customizable. Resist gear plays heavily in pvp. Need to farm the shit out of consumables. My inventory is fucking tiny for the amount of shit I need to carry. Traveling is fucking annoying. Grouping is tedious to get started because there"s only one real tank and the interface for it blows ass.

As for a "rent a server" emulated type system that works fine for RTS and FPS games where you don"t really have a lot invested. I don"t think it would really have mass appeal for an MMO though. Too fragmented, hard to make money off of. Pirating I"m sure would be rampant as well.

I could see players getting the ability to have more control for custom content (City of Heroes mission creator) in the future but it"ll most likely stay under the realm and supervision of the actual company itself.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
James said:
Sounds like goddamn nirvana to me. I may have to give Aion a shot, now.
Maybe you and Mippo can guild together then. I hear he"s a pro and you"re a nub and you could learn from him.