Gretel & Hansel (2020)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Gretel & Hansel (2020)

Genre: Horror, Fantasy, Thriller

Director: Oz Perkins

Cast: Sophia Lillis, Samuel Leakey, Charles Babalola, Alice Krige, Ian Kenny, Abdul Alshareef, Jessica De Gouw, Manuel Pombo, Beatrix Perkins

Release: 2020-01-30

Runtime: 87

Plot: A long time ago in a distant fairy tale countryside, a young girl leads her little brother into a dark wood in desperate search of food and work, only to stumble upon a nexus of terrifying evil.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
So, I saw this on my Radarr app and went ahead and downloaded it. I was expecting a total piece of shit, but was bored. I'm not going to lie, this movie is not bad at all, in fact I would call it "good." A very solid B movie. The story is fine, they clearly are trying to do a dark take on Hansel & Gretel. The witch is genuinely creepy, looking old, dry mouth, weird black fingers, and the way she talks is creepy too. The acting is fine all around. This obviously isn't Hereditary or Midsommar, but this is a totally decent movie, and better than a lot of crap horror movies that are made these days. If you are able to see this for free, it's absolutely worth your time.

... I can't imagine living back in those times, I guess parents would just get sick of their kids / be too poor to feed them and kick them out of the house. Geez!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
didnt they make another hansel and gretel not even 10 years ago?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
"Whatever you do, don't eat the fucking candy."
- A diabetic Hansel

That movie was absolutely hilarious.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This might of been one of the worse movies I've ever watched.

The triangle lady was compelling but then not really. The entire premise was just stupid. The little boy was a great child actor though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database