Grim Dawn

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Every class has aoe as far as I know.

Class design is just great. I am yet to see anything well theorycrafted turn out poorly.

For instance I saw a 121k retaliation hit from a guy who purely specs retal and survive. Debuffs and auras were involved in the group game but you get the idea.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Maybe someone can point a noob in the right direction for a masteries combo.

Looking for dps. Either 2 handed melee with huge smashing AoE moves, just rape face with a huge 2 hander.

Or caster dps, with again, massive aoe type damage or huge graphic animations for it to just look cool as shit.

The crazier the screen and shit on screen, the better. Comparison to d3 is something like a barbarian leap quake build, or of course wizard explosive blast builds. Where it's just destruction everywhere!

Thanks.
smile.png

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Apparently yes but obviously you won't get the new shinier DirectX stuff. And also you'd be using Win XP.

I really wanna pick this up but haven't finished RotTR. XCOM2, and just bought Stardew Valley, so I'm probably boned as far as playtime goes.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Regarding chests in this game. Aren't there once per character chests or do they respawn with replaying on higher difficulties? I think Vorph or someone mentioned something about them before. I tried looking a few pages back, but didn't see it.

So far I have avoided named chests and exalted ones. Should I avoid them until max difficulty or just level based?

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Maybe someone can point a noob in the right direction for a masteries combo.

Looking for dps. Either 2 handed melee with huge smashing AoE moves, just rape face with a huge 2 hander.

Or caster dps, with again, massive aoe type damage or huge graphic animations for it to just look cool as shit.

The crazier the screen and shit on screen, the better. Comparison to d3 is something like a barbarian leap quake build, or of course wizard explosive blast builds. Where it's just destruction everywhere!

Thanks.
smile.png
Shaman as a starting class is pretty good, can go Primal Strike for 2h aoe, or Devouring Swarm + pet for ranged. It can go with Occultist for more pets, Arcanist for more caster based or Nightblade for dual wield + short teleport melee, not sure what you'd pair it with if you really like 2h style though. Don't even really need to pick a secondary class till 20-30+ if you want to get a better feel first.

Evernothing

You could probably do Shaman 2hander and use Occultist for Sigil of Consumption or Shaman Wendigo Totem to heal as your smash guys. You can get some good Vitality 2handers at the start of Act 2 with + Shaman skills on them.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Picked it up because apparently my brother bought it in 2014 for some reason and never played it, so we launched it up together. I'm going demolitionist and he's going nightblade so far. No clue what we're doing as far as min/maxing goes :p

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently yes but obviously you won't get the new shinier DirectX stuff. And also you'd be using Win XP.

I really wanna pick this up but haven't finished RotTR. XCOM2, and just bought Stardew Valley, so I'm probably boned as far as playtime goes.
Like what? This's and only uses directx 9 I believe.

Crone

Shaman as a starting class is pretty good, can go Primal Strike for 2h aoe, or Devouring Swarm + pet for ranged. It can go with Occultist for more pets, Arcanist for more caster based or Nightblade for dual wield + short teleport melee, not sure what you'd pair it with if you really like 2h style though. Don't even really need to pick a secondary class till 20-30+ if you want to get a better feel first.
You could probably do Shaman 2hander and use Occultist for Sigil of Consumption or Shaman Wendigo Totem to heal as your smash guys. You can get some good Vitality 2handers at the start of Act 2 with + Shaman skills on them.
Thanks guys! Through some of my own research I was leaning towards shaman/occultist. It looked like a lot of fun with the devouring DoT just taking things out.

I'm surprised there isn't more 2h melee builds. I would assume Soldier would have something. Gonna research Warden and Druids as well.

Caliane

Shields are really strong. While I am not certain 2h damage increase really justifies over 1 h, esp with shield.

Crone

Shields are really strong. While I am not certain 2h damage increase really justifies over 1 h, esp with shield.
Yeah, I'm getting that sense. Gonna probably stick with shaman, but pair it with Occultist, and go the Devouring Swarm + pet route.

Evernothing

Thanks guys! Through some of my own research I was leaning towards shaman/occultist. It looked like a lot of fun with the devouring DoT just taking things out.

I'm surprised there isn't more 2h melee builds. I would assume Soldier would have something. Gonna research Warden and Druids as well.
I'm really enjoying the Shaman/Occultist Vitality build at the moment. Started with Shaman and Briathorn pet, worked up to Wendigo totem as fast as I could.

Now Im going primarily Occultist on the way to Doombolt.

Here is what mine looks like at lvl 30:http://grimcalc.com/build/OLcTSi

Trash mobs get AoE'd so fast with Curse of Fraility/Sigil of Consumption/ Wendigo Totem. Hero mobs take a little longer, but my survivability is very good. Hero's will die faster once I have Doombolt.

Mouse 1 I'm currently usingChaos Strike from a Rifstone component

Mouse 2 I'm currently usingDemon's Breath from Devil touched ammo

Roughly following these builds for my guide:[Conjurer] - Ultimate Vitality Caster (b30, HC)&[B27] Conjurer: The Vampire

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Doom bolt was my go to for getting the 100% on kill for abom constellation proc. I put one point in it and my gear makes it 11/12.

Sigil and wendigo totem both proc shit like crazy. My new build has wendigo totem with scorpion spines proc which even just looks awesome.

Crone

I'm really enjoying the Shaman/Occultist Vitality build at the moment. Started with Shaman and Briathorn pet, worked up to Wendigo totem as fast as I could.

Now Im going primarily Occultist on the way to Doombolt.

Here is what mine looks like at lvl 30:http://grimcalc.com/build/OLcTSi

Trash mobs get AoE'd so fast with Curse of Fraility/Sigil of Consumption/ Wendigo Totem. Hero mobs take a little longer, but my survivability is very good. Hero's will die faster once I have Doombolt.

Mouse 1 I'm currently usingChaos Strike from a Rifstone component

Mouse 2 I'm currently usingDemon's Breath from Devil touched ammo

Roughly following these builds for my guide:[Conjurer] - Ultimate Vitality Caster (b30, HC)&[B27] Conjurer: The Vampire
Just respecced outta Primal Strike. Wasn't feeling it, but I'm sure it'd be better if it had 0 cooldown. Went with Devouring Swarm, and the pet, and just mowing through mobs now. This is pretty fun!

Jox

Molten Core Raider
The first augment skill, Thunderous Strike, makes it 0 cooldown and then the Torrent augment makes it aoe.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah you can use it as a pseudo range skill for ultra melee power monsters or encounters. My pal had to use it like that when we did ultimate progression for him and got a 3-4 pack of all hero zebra rhino things. Worked gr8.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Gonna try this game with my brother. I want to play Nightblade as my primary class, but no idea what to pick for dual-class. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Gonna try this game with my brother. I want to play Nightblade as my primary class, but no idea what to pick for dual-class. Anyone have any suggestions?
Since you're just starting I'd say either soldier or arcanist for survivability. Have fun, great game!