Grim Dawn

Brikker

Trump's Staff
  • 6Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Played a bit yesterday, the QOL changes are so nice. Its amazing when you get patches like this for already good games, its like good game developers still do exist!

Probably gonna spend quite a few hours on this until the next POE expansion (might play season of discovery)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I started fresh again with the patch. It's kind of fun having to collect all the blueprints again. You just have to work with what you find.

I really like that you can now play in elite as long as you want. I always tried to grind all the reps to max in elite so I can have max resists in ultimate, but it was challenging sometimes to not outlevel the content.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
May have to reinstall this. I played quite a bit last run but got burned out by the time I got into elite.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah same. Just grabbed an OLED steam deck and want to try this out, pet build seems like it'd be good.

I briefly tried GD on steam deck when I first got one. I recall it being okay control-wise but I use numerous 3rd party tools for GD so I ultimately didn't play it on the deck.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The new Evade skill changes the game quite a bit. Especially for kiting builds. If you combine it with the Blitz skill (either from Soldier or from an item) you can dash in and out of melee range quite rapidly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I got sucked back in with patch 1.2. This game was already really good, and with the patch it's now even better. I started a death knight, who will eventually be a Krieg aether DK. Leveled as forcewave and using that to farm for all the gear for the build too.

The icons for double rares and MIs is super nice. That combined with the loot filters really makes sifting through loot easy now. I'm excited for the expansion next year too!

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I got sucked back in with patch 1.2. This game was already really good, and with the patch it's now even better. I started a death knight, who will eventually be a Krieg aether DK. Leveled as forcewave and using that to farm for all the gear for the build too.

The icons for double rares and MIs is super nice. That combined with the loot filters really makes sifting through loot easy now. I'm excited for the expansion next year too!

Every aRPG should take notes on built in loot filtering Ala Grim Dawn.

• 4Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I think they just really care about the game that they made. It's got to be a labor of love for them, and it shows.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Every aRPG should take notes on built in loot filtering Ala Grim Dawn.

There is one other game that has it. Last Epoch.

Coincidentally, its the only other ARPG that ALSO has identified item drops (like Grim Dawn). That's really why it's so nice, because the Grim Dawn devs realized that unid items add exactly jack and shit to the "dopamine" hits and just make people ignore the large majority of items in the game after the first day or 2 (all magic/rare/non unique/legendary items).

What's really mind bottling is how nobody has copied the Monster Infrequent drop system.

• 4Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'd like to play this again, but I want an actually good build™. Any recommendations? Last I played it was a Arcanist primary and I could stomp trash but bosses were my bane because I was a glass cannon. What's good since the last update?

Khane

I'd like to play this again, but I want an actually good build™. Any recommendations? Last I played it was a Arcanist primary and I could stomp trash but bosses were my bane because I was a glass cannon. What's good since the last update?

Any of this guys build guides will work for you:

He also does full playthrough series like the one above. He plays HC so the builds are beefy (always follow build guides from HC when learning a game, even if you play SC in my opinion)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, arcanist is super fun but pretty much any build will require loads of gear to be good. Rektbyprotoss recently did a video of the top 10 or 20 builds for a fresh start in 1.2. Any of those would be great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Unless it got mega nerfed, SIR CRUNCHYBONES Skelemancer Cabalist - David Allen's Website

Was great for beginners

This one is updated for 1.2 (OP looks old but has been updated for 1.2) and it is what I am playing. Can blast SR 76 NP and gearing wasnt too bad. Just need to get the helm blueprint then craft and transmute into the other set pieces. To get started (I did a fresh start) just search the grimtools website for "raise skeleton" and "undead legion" MIs. I was able to go right into Ultimate after beating Loghorrean in Normal and play all the way through (though honestly that wasn't exactly fast, would recommend elite until like level 84+ instead).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users