Grime

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
If you like Salt and Sanctuary check this out.

The parry mechanic is how you absorb parts for new traits and fill their version of an Estus flask. Demo plays just past the first boss, well worth the time and if on the fence def. check out the demo.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Same, this was the only demo I played I plan on buying, was fun.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
4 hours in and thinking about using cheat engine to redo my stats, strength weapons are absolute ass. I love big slow weapons in these types of games but holy shit they are so slow for how much damage they do. Went 15 strength 2 Res to use that pillar, the special move takes nearly 3 seconds to land and if you take ANY damage you are interrupted so you can't even trade... even stuck with it far enough to upgrade it twice, still garbage. Meanwhile the crab arm or even starting maul does way better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
4 hours in and thinking about using cheat engine to redo my stats, strength weapons are absolute ass. I love big slow weapons in these types of games but holy shit they are so slow for how much damage they do. Went 15 strength 2 Res to use that pillar, the special move takes nearly 3 seconds to land and if you take ANY damage you are interrupted so you can't even trade... even stuck with it far enough to upgrade it twice, still garbage. Meanwhile the crab arm or even starting maul does way better.
Sweet glad I went dex lol

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Played for 90 minutes or so. Game does a good job of giving you that “oh fuck I don’t want to die” souls feeling. Do the body pieces you can equip do anything for you? I’ve only got a couple pieces each on two sets so idk if it comes later, you have to compete the set, or they’re just visual.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do the body pieces you can equip do anything for you? I’ve only got a couple pieces each on two sets so idk if it comes later, you have to compete the set, or they’re just visual.
Saw something from the devs today about that, they're just cosmetic.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I take it back, found a 20 str weapon that makes the long hit well worth it. It hits then hits like 6 more times on connect, boss killer for sure.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel so dumb and old asking this since I can’t figure it out myself, but what do all the numbers and letters on weapons mean? Obviously certain weapons will require x amount in a given stat to equip, but what does the rest mean once you have the weapon equipped? Is it how the weapon scales with more of each stat?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I feel so dumb and old asking this since I can’t figure it out myself, but what do all the numbers and letters on weapons mean? Obviously certain weapons will require x amount in a given stat to equip, but what does the rest mean once you have the weapon equipped? Is it how the weapon scales with more of each stat?
Yeah E through S you do more damage with more in that stat. Your main weapon should at least be a B in scaling for your main stat, but there is exceptions.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I haven’t really found any weapon I’m really excited enough about to level them up.

Also I suck at this game, I’m not very good with parry timing, in any game. It’s still fun and I like the weirdness of the world, I just suck/am slow.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah E through S you do more damage with more in that stat. Your main weapon should at least be a B in scaling for your main stat, but there is exceptions.
E through S as in tier rankings? S is the best, then A, B, C, etc?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Really loving the aesthetic of the game though I do not think it's as good as say Hollow Knight or Bloodstained game play wise.

Easy pickup though if you're a fan of the genre.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think it could’ve been in the same category as those other two if they made a few minor adjustments. Stats doing more than one thing would be nice. Something small like dex helps stamina regen, str helps damage reduction, etc. And wtf armor doesn’t do anything at all is really dumb.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I think for me it's the fact it starts to feel very safe with some progress while in most of the other games I am always worried about dying while exploring and the waste of time that comes with it which is something I have a love/hate relationship with since it requires staying pretty focused at all times.

Grime does a really good job of making me want to explore for the sake of exploring versus just hoping to find an upgrade.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Somehow while playing this my display is locked to 24Hz refresh? I have no idea what's going on but never seen that happen before....

*edit: Eh, driver update fixed it, reboot probably would have also. Just the 1st time that's ever happened. Maybe the DP cable is going kaput.

Last edited: