Grounded - Survival (honey I shrunk the kids concept)

Terial

Trakanon Raider
i actually enjoy some of the survival games, some more than others. I just ran into this, did not see a thread for it. Looks interesting for sure, and i actually like that it's PvE

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Could see enjoying this with some friends if the multiplayer is strong

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
This has been on my steam wishlist and one i'm genuinely waiting for. Gives me Antz snes vibes.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm generally not a fan of early access, but I know my son will love this. Glad I only just now learned about it because I'm pretty excited to check it out!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's probably bog-standard survival gameplay but it does seem like they found a way to give it a unique twist.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I played a bit of a preview/beta, I don't know if I can play this game. The spiders. Fuck.

Will give it a shot with friends at least, yay for Game Pass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I played a bit of a preview/beta, I don't know if I can play this game. The spiders. Fuck.

Will give it a shot with friends at least, yay for Game Pass.

There's an arachnophobia setting/slider to help those cope depending on level of fear.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This is out now. No option for LAN multiplayer, only through XBox Live service and its apparently getting hammered (App was force quit twice in about thirty minutes in a multiplayer game but no crashing issues in single player in a couple of hours).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Free on Xbox pass, and pretty damn good so far given the price.

Can't find anything really different from ark/conan/subnautica/etc so far, but the theme is cool and gigantic fucking spiders are pretty intense.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Lirik/Shorty/Waffle all playing but can't tell if they're together.

Why is it Mixed reviews on steam?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The story is SUPER short. Like 20 minutes.

I do like the setting, but I'm not sure what all there is to do.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Lirik/Shorty/Waffle all playing but can't tell if they're together.

Why is it Mixed reviews on steam?
Typical builder game. And pre-access, so given story is short as balls.

The environment is what sells this one to me. I've played Ark, Subnautica... just not into those. It's pretty much the same thing, ironically, though the crafting is a bit more straightforward.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I was right, bog standard survival gameplay, but somehow the unique twist actually works. I wouldn't be scared of a giant spider monster in a normal game, but for some reason being a shrunk person against "normal" spiders gives me the heebie jeebies something fierce.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Game is pretty bare-bones even by early access standards.

The mechanics seem to be in place, but the available crafting/base options aren't great, the "story" lasts about 15 minutes, and then all there really is to do is try and fight spiders?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I was worried I really sucked at fighting but upgrading to t2 weapons and armor and doing perfect blocks makes a world of difference. Still haven't attempted spiders, but I've downed every other type of bug. Here's hoping content updates are frequent and substantial!

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Got brave enough to take on an orbweaver after I baited a wolf spider into a position where I could hit it but it couldn’t hit me. With the ant club (t2 weapon) and bee armor (t2) and perfect blocking, the orb weaver went down pretty smoothly. Wolf spider seems to do more damage and have more health though so I’m still hesitant to take one on. Gonna try making some spike traps to see how well they work.

Dunno if it’s just mine or if all multiplayer games have a glitch where each new player that joins gives an immediate 500 science. We’ve unlocked everything because of that so we’re gonna build a small base in case progress doesn’t get wiped between updates.

I’ve heard there’s a boss fight so I guess after we knock that out I’ll be taking a break until the first content update. I think we’ve found everything there is to be found so far.