Grown Up Forum Moderation Vote

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
But I have (and I assume others as well) been posting under the premise that it was, it has and it will be "Heavily Moderated"

I wonder where I got that crazy idea?????

I posted that the Grown Up Forum would beheavily moderatorin a thread, and it was my fault for not making a sticky.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
God Damn It!!!

Tuco and Draegan you are making me sound like tad! Fuck you for making me sound like tad!!!

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I voted for Heavy Moderation as that means less posting and less interesting posts so the GUF will eventually die the death it deserves.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
To be fair, it is probably moderated more heavily than other forums by sheer nature of more mods being specifically active in this forum than the other forums.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
@tad ... WTF?
-----------

I think all the Mods are doing a great job. I just think it is a little late to go and change the nature of a forum at this point. I was given the impression created on MN for the sole purpose of being a safe haven for adult conversation.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I voted for Heavy Moderation as that means less posting and less interesting posts so the GUF will eventually die the death it deserves.
^tad Politics 101

EDIT: Would love to Ravven up in this ma with an opinion ... after all this is her playground

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
@tad ... WTF?
-----------

I think all the Mods are doing a great job. I just think it is a little late to go and change the nature of a forum at this point. I was given the impression created on MN for the sole purpose of being a safe haven for adult conversation.
I don't think it needs overbearing moderation to still be that. On FOH, we had our adult threads mixed in with the rest of the General forum. And it wasn't chaos, people mostly self-moderated or just stayed out f they weren't a part of the target audience. I've posted pictures of my kids here. I would never do that if I didn't have faith that the moderators would be on my side if some asshole stepped over the line.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
@tad ... WTF?
-----------

I told you not to worry.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I told you not to worry.
rrr_img_3887.jpg

rrr_img_3887.jpg

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I voted for little moderation, like screenshots. At the end of the day, some of the more epic threads from that other site, if posted in this forum, would not have been so epic.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Voted 2. I think people don't know how tightly moderated the finance and development forums have been, but I think it's a good example of how the GUF should be moderated.
Can you give an example? I thought those forums were largely self-moderated.

I voted 2, but would always prefer the mods err on the side of loose rather than tight.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Can you give an example? I thought those forums were largely self-moderated.

I voted 2, but would always prefer the mods err on the side of loose rather than tight.
I never saw any moderation in business other than Silence getting RRP'd for being crossing the line (which in hindsight now seems more like a directive from Furor, given what we know about that situation, rather than active moderation of that forum) and then any time anyone tried to bring up politics and hurt someone's feelings, it was frowned upon.

Never seemed tightly moderated to me.