GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 announced available May 27th

Baek

Golden Knight of the Realm
just ordered a 970 to replace my 560ti. guess its goin back! Got it for battlewatch/overborn but i'm already bored of them and back to playing dota soooo... meh

spronk

FPS noob
haha

gtOAWPV.png

also kind of a bummer, looks like Founders Editions are NOT overclocked but really just "day 1", ie they will ship first. Nvidia getting that $$. There is no $599 version of the 1080, just other vendors will sell it at that price but the Nvidia one will be $700.
Difference Between GTX 1080 'Founder's Edition,' Reference, Hardware Benchmarks

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I kind of want this 1070 but I only play at 1080 and already have a 970. Think I might get it and be done with it anyway.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Show off.

mwf2Owe.png
If it hadn't died recently, I could've shown off the Radeon HD 5500 I've been rocking for the past few years. Glad I held out on replacing it for my new build (using the i7 integrated graphics which is, sadly, still far superior to what I had). For the amount of money I was looking to spend on a card, it really wouldn't be much more to just get the 1070. It'd be nice to have something a little more... this decade... and something I'll likely not have to replace anytime soon since I clearly am not the type of person that is looking to be on the cutting edge.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
definitely return, in a month if you can't find a 1070 you should be able to at least find clearanced out 980 ti's. a 970 is around 5k gflops, a 980ti is around 6k gflops and a 1070 is gonna be around 6.5k gflops - a 1080 will be 9k gflops. GFLOPs isn't a perfect measurement for real life gaming but gives you relative peak performance idea
I highly agree. Even if you can't get the new hotness those things dropping onto the market should chop at least 100 bucks or more off the price of the card you just purchased.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
haha

gtOAWPV.png

also kind of a bummer, looks like Founders Editions are NOT overclocked but really just "day 1", ie they will ship first. Nvidia getting that $$. There is no $599 version of the 1080, just other vendors will sell it at that price but the Nvidia one will be $700.
Difference Between GTX 1080 'Founder's Edition,' Reference, Hardware Benchmarks
You'd have to be stupid to sell a 980 Ti for $350. Once people realize that they aren't going to find a 1080 for less than $700 and that the 1070 probably isn't any faster (if as fast) than the 980 TI and will most likely be slower at higher resolutions they are going to feel pretty dumb they sold their cards.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Rofl it won't let me access the article with adblock on? Not that it matters forbes has basically become blogger.com.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Who is reading Forbes for hardware news anyway?

Gamespot review is pretty straight forward:http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nvi.../1100-6439863/
Like I said above Forbes is basically just a base URL for a bunch of blogger shit. They have "articles" about almost everything these days from hardware to esports to finance to politics. Pretty soon more people will realize the Forbes name has lost all credibility so linking from a Forbes URL is about the same as linking someone's Tumblr.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I wouldn't read Forbes if that wasn't a local writer I follow for hardware/VR stuff.

Column_sl

shitlord
Anyone know what the specs on a new version of the Titan will be? I got the last one, and love that card. Might be the best card I've purchased

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Anyone know what the specs on a new version of the Titan will be? I got the last one, and love that card. Might be the best card I've purchased
Looks like the 1080 surpasses the Titan. What are you running your games in? And what type of display? Just curious. I am guessing 4k monitor?

With that said, from everything I have read, expect the new Titan to have HBM2 memory 16/32 Gb - 1Tb memory / second bandwidth. It will be completely insanely fast.

Column_sl

shitlord
4k 120-165hz gsync. The Titan keeps up with all the games now pretty well, but I've had it for abit ,and may refresh. Was just seeing what they may run for.

I use it for other stuff then gaming tho that's why I like the Titan so much.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Probably something like their Tesla P100 which has the same Pascal architecture and 16 nm chip process with fast clock speeds, but put together with HBM2 memory. The problem is you can't get the cards (yet) unless you buy one of these:

The NVIDIA DGX-1 Deep Learning System | NVIDIA

All you need is a spare $ 129,000. Or you can wait until 2017 when the graphics cards go on sale separately and HBM2 production yields improve (the P100 itself doesn't have all its cores enabled yet, presumably there are still production glitches).

Xalara

Golden Squire
Word has it Pascal Titan will be September/October, not next year. It will probably be north of $1000 though
frown.png