GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 announced available May 27th

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Probably. Last time Titan came 3-4 months after the 900 series launch and the ti was 6 months after the Titan. Nothing more than Nvidia getting the most money possible from all the fools.

Though I wonder how the ti will compare to the Titan. Currently the 980ti performs more or less the same as a Titan X but thats because of significantly higher clock speeds. 1080ti is already clocked very high, doesnt seem like there is much room to increase clock speed.

Column_sl

shitlord
Titan is a little bit different structure then the regular cards. If you do extensive graphic work (Maya) Titan is a better option then getting a full blown Quadro which costs way more.

Looking at that IGN review on the 1080 that card is pretty sweet.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
The new Titan might take a little longer to appear than the old one because the supply of HBM2 memory is still limited, and AMD have a priority agreement with SK Hynix so NVidia have an even smaller pool of chips (Samsung also make the memory as well but I don't think they are as far along as Hynix). It looks like if NVidia can only make a handful of the cards they are going to stick them in their expensive AI box and sell that, simply because that makes them more profit. Once the memory supply ramps up - and it will, rapidly - then the Titan will appear.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
put in for a notify me but not holding my breath thats for sure

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Thought I read the chips aren't binned and the same as anything from evga or Asus.
My source is a third hand reddit thread, so mileage may vary. I have not really looked deeeeeep into it, I just know I am going to buy one once the EVGA model comes out.

spronk

FPS noob
the only editions nvidia is selling is Founders editions, it basically means "made by Nvidia". It does not OC better or come with anything special and there is no other version nvidia will sell. The 1080s from other vendors are expected to be $100 cheaper for ?? reasons ??

its basically a pre order day 1 edition for people willing to pay extra

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The founder edition is nothing but a cash grab to nail early adopters. It's a fucking stupid idea and Nvidia should be punished for it but I doubt it'll happen unless AMD comes out swinging. It looks like there is a lot of headroom on 16nm/14nm in terms of clock speed so there is a small chance that AMD could surprise us and come out with something that better than a 390X and disrupt this stupidity but I'm not holding my breath.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
The founder edition is nothing but a cash grab to nail early adopters. It's a fucking stupid idea and Nvidia should be punished for it but I doubt it'll happen unless AMD comes out swinging. It looks like there is a lot of headroom on 16nm/14nm in terms of clock speed so there is a small chance that AMD could surprise us and come out with something that better than a 390X and disrupt this stupidity but I'm not holding my breath.
Didnt they JUST come out with the 390x? , Polaris I know has an indeterminate delay on it, But the price points look really good. I am usually an AMD guy, but the 1080/1070 may bee too good for me to pass up. Plus Developers seem to be intentionally Hamstringing AMD GPUs nowdays with the NVIDIA Gameworks bullshit people put in.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I feel like AMD is pulling a 3DFX and is about to bite the dust.
I doubt it. While nVidia gets the enthusiast graphics card market, AMD is killing it in the OEM laptop space and console market. Granted, neither of those has high margins but they do keep the company afloat. Rumour has it Polaris managed to snag AMD the next gen Macbook contract.

Not that it's hard to win contracts over nVidia. A lot of companies hate nVidia due to the shit they pull.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Didnt they JUST come out with the 390x? , Polaris I know has an indeterminate delay on it, But the price points look really good. I am usually an AMD guy, but the 1080/1070 may bee too good for me to pass up. Plus Developers seem to be intentionally Hamstringing AMD GPUs nowdays with the NVIDIA Gameworks bullshit people put in.
Yeah, I'm usually with AMD, the price per performance under a certain threshold, especially for 1080p gaming is better. I'm using a 280X now. But will probably go to a 1070 as the 'final' upgrade for this computer (Next time it is going to get one, it's just going to be rebuilt.)

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
I am going to build my first PC soon, is this worth getting now? Or should I buy a 970 cheap and leave room for future expansion with a 1080?

spronk

FPS noob
If you can wait 1-3 months then a 1070 might be the best deal, $379 for an OEM 1070 would give you a 50%+ boost over a 970 for the price you'd pay for a new 970 right now