GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 announced available May 27th

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Even though the Fe says "great" on the evga site I think the ACX3.0 version will actually be better. Think it's just marketing. The specs are identical minus cooling.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So weren't the 1070's supposed to be available June 10? I'm not seeing anywhere I can get one yet. But I'm retarded, so there's that.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Get your poopsock out and start camping:

NVIDIA GTX 1070 Pre-order & In Stock TRacker - NowInStock.net

If it follows a similar pattern to the 1080, only the FE's will be available for the next week or so, and then after that the companies start rolling out their custom cards, which will be better and cheaper. And they pretty much all sell out within minutes, so it might be a while before places just have them sitting in stock.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Wow, nice. You went with the Asus or Acer monitor?

Prices for the various 1080s are too high here in Europe, we are talking about 800 euros minimum (that's about 900 dollars).
Acer was on sale last week for $599 on newegg which was a decent price I thought! Acx 3.0 cooler is quiet as well in my micro system as well which is nice

Malkav

French Madman
lol @ people believing one bench made by AMD on a game that heavily favors them for the 480.

Let's wait for some real benches before wetting your panties about the magic 200$ card.

To prove my point, look at the Fury X results in Ashes of Singularity here :Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 review - DX12: Ashes Of The Singularity Benchmark.

Woooh, better than a 980ti.

Ok, then, have a laugh taking a look at how the Fury X ranks in other games benchmarks.
Love how I got negged for this one.

Guess what? Benchmarks are out.

AMD Radeon R9 RX 480 8GB review - Introduction

Yeah, AMD just put out a GTX970 level card.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My 1070 is in from evga, the acx 3. 0 SC model. Gotta send mine in for it, hopefully that doesn't take more than a week

spronk

FPS noob
did you do the step up program? thats not bad if you get an upgrade notice like 3 weeks after release

i'm half tempted to go from 970 to 1070 but all the games I am playing right now run comfortably at 1440p for me, and there isn't really a huge list of games coming out this fall I am dying to play. By the time Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, and Deus Ex rolls around I will see what video card options there are, by then at the least the 1070 should be on discounts and rebates and come with free games and shit. I just realized none of them even come with a free game right now, HAH the thirst is still very real

Fulorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
Free games are how they avoid price drops on hardware at the end of its life cycle. If you think you're being a smart consumer by trying to get software with your cards, boy, you're naive.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
The 480 is basically a 970 with 8gb and slightly cheaper. I am disappoint.
Well, it competes with the 980 on a few games, so it's probably between a 970 and 980 overall. For 230, that's pretty stellar. I guess it depends on how far the price drop on the 970/980 are.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
did you do the step up program? thats not bad if you get an upgrade notice like 3 weeks after release

i'm half tempted to go from 970 to 1070 but all the games I am playing right now run comfortably at 1440p for me, and there isn't really a huge list of games coming out this fall I am dying to play. By the time Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, and Deus Ex rolls around I will see what video card options there are, by then at the least the 1070 should be on discounts and rebates and come with free games and shit. I just realized none of them even come with a free game right now, HAH the thirst is still very real
Yeah stepup. To be fair I signed up about 5 minutes after it opened up

Xalara

Golden Squire
I'd hold on getting the 480 until the dust settles on the power draw controversy. TLDR: The 480 allegedly draws more power than the PCI-e spec allows for, which could fry motherboards that aren't well built.

Xalara

Golden Squire
After waiting five weeks for Amazon to ship my EVGA GTX 1080 FTW I canceled it and got the non-Overclocked version of the ASUS GTX 1080 Strix from Newegg (aka FE but with the Strix cooler). It sucks but at this point I am a angry at EVGA given that they've been posting new 1080 FTWs on their website while Amazon pre-orders aren't being fulfilled.

Given what I know about Amazon, there is a reasonable likelihood that EVGA going to be blacklisted as a supplier over this.

Xalara

Golden Squire
It was up for pre-orders for a few hours on May 31st. Until pre-orders are fulfilled it won't be listed by Amazon itself.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Both, it's just weird that EVGA is selling cards direct when there are pre-orders at major retailers that have yet to be shipped.