Guild Wars 2

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finally finished season 3 story, and I'm ready for the expansion story. The story wasn't the best they've done, but the maps were pretty much all good. Enjoyed them a lot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well I just made my first piece of Ascended, damn it's a long process. A lot of the components are on 1 per day cooldown. It also requires a lot of no-drop materials, and it requires a lot of them. Luckily from all the time I've played I've had enough of everything to make my first piece after a few days. I am already out/low on some mats for the second piece though.

This is going to be a long process, since ascended isn't really required unless you're pushing for content which I am not, I don't feel to stressed out about it. I'll get more as time goes by.

You can also buy some of the material that is on 1 per day on the TP, but it's quite expansive...more gold than I have anyways. :)

The interesting part in some ways, is that it uses materials from all level range, like all type of leather not just from the high end zones, which suits the gameplays of GW2 pretty well as they keep all zones relevant in some ways.

I'm not sure I'll ever finish a full set, but it's something to work on as I just do other stuff...as I said it's not like ascended is necessary for open zone pve, which is all I do. :)

The nice thing about it, is that the armor is still account bound after equipping it unlike exotic which becomes soulbound, so it can be traded to other character on your account if they wear that armor type and the stats are good for them.

But damn the amount of mat farming is going to be insane, good thing you get most of it just by playing. :)

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I finally bought and finished HoT, and holy shit those maps are pain in the ass to explore. LW3 is much better, Bloodstone Fen is so much more enjoyable to begin with. I look forward to finish LW3 before PoF hits. Two questions:

1, I am thinking about working on my first Ascended weapon. How hard is it and is it even worth doing it now?
2, Is the Path of Fire Deluxe edition worth it?

Btw, GW2 is my favorite casual MMO now, screw ESO and its boring zone design.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I finally bought and finished HoT, and holy shit those maps are pain in the ass to explore. LW3 is much better, Bloodstone Fen is so much more enjoyable to begin with. I look forward to finish LW3 before PoF hits. Two questions:

1, I am thinking about working on my first Ascended weapon. How hard is it and is it even worth doing it now?
2, Is the Path of Fire Deluxe edition worth it?

Btw, GW2 is my favorite casual MMO now, screw ESO and its boring zone design.
1) Check the Knight of the Thorn - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) if there is a weapon you use, it's probably the easiest and cheapest ascended weapon you can get. I'd say it's worth it, since once you get it, you have the best one possible. PoF will surely bring some new crazy material grinds, which will siphon all the cheap materials off the market. If you need money, daily fractals make it rain, or there is leather farm in Lake Doric.
2) I bought it, since I never bought any gems and if you plan to play a bit, the QoL items from gem shop are a godsend, so it ended up being cheaper. Unreakable tools+copper fed salavage-o-matic are a godsend, shared inventory slots for when you play alts.

Valderen Valderen weapons are more value than the armor, so I'd start with that, especially if your class has multiple builds, zerker weapons can get you by. I'd have to grind 500 artificier for my thief/daredevil which would be a pain in the ass, maybe I'll try to go for the Bo collection instead. Ascended rings almost rain from the sky and most other slots can be bought for unbound magic in LW3 maps. Oh and "using materials from all lvl ranges" is bullshit, since they end up being rarer than the lvl 80 ones, because all the drops scale to your true lvl, so even in low lvl maps, most of the stuff you salvage will give you mithril/silk/elder wood/...

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Zaphid Zaphid I'm working on my weapons too, I didn't think about the loot scaling, so yeah salvage stuff will be an issue, can still gather ore and wood though. It will be an issue for leather and cloth I guess. Didn't think about that since I haven't had to go farm stuff yet. That kind of sucks.

Only using dual pistols on my engineer for condition build, I hear the weapons are not a huge upgrade though since the build uses kits, not sure why exactly just something I read somewhere. Still going to do it because it's something to do, not because I need too.

I'm curious as to how the holosmith will play out it looks pretty interesting, and what the stats willl be for it...hoping what I'm making will be kinda useful, even if not optimal.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Zaphid Zaphid I'm working on my weapons too, I didn't think about the loot scaling, so yeah salvage stuff will be an issue, can still gather ore and wood though. It will be an issue for leather and cloth I guess. Didn't think about that since I haven't had to go farm stuff yet. That kind of sucks.

Only using dual pistols on my engineer for condition build, I hear the weapons are not a huge upgrade though since the build uses kits, not sure why exactly just something I read somewhere. Still going to do it because it's something to do, not because I need too.

I'm curious as to how the holosmith will play out it looks pretty interesting, and what the stats willl be for it...hoping what I'm making will be kinda useful, even if not optimal.
I'm thinking I should lvl some a few new classes to 80, but getting the HPs to fully train your new specs is a pain in the ass, most of my vanilla characters had enough leftover to only require like 30-40 skillpoints, but I can't imagine doing the whole grind with a fresh 80. Either you do it piece by piece in the old world, or you need a HP train, but then you want all the WPs already unlocked.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
My engineer probably will have enough HP to fully train Holosmith on day 1 if it's not gated behind anything, or unless they increase the cost to something ridiculous and have the hero points in PoF give like 50 each so you're require to do a few to get enough to train the new elite specialization.

I might have enough on my Revenant too(but I don't care much for the elite specialization, I hate bows). I know I don't have any left or barely any left on Thief, Mesmer and Necro...heck I am not sure I have the HoT elite on Mesmer and Necro yet...haven't played them in forever.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I finally finished my Bo collection for my ascended weapon, now to decide whether I want artificier 500 for Bifrost crafting (I already did lvl 1), or finally finish leatherworking to get started on ascended armor, gods know I'm sitting on a decent chunk of the ascended materials already. Also finished my Ascended backpack from Siren's Landing, that map is pretty fun. Finally broke 100 mastery rating, 100% Verdant Brink, just need to grind out both Itzel and Nuhoch masteries and I'm kinda done. Still doing fractals when I feel like it, but selling ectos and leftover mats from all the events and loot caches in HoTs nets me like 10g per day or more, on top of the daily achievement. At some point I'll have to grind out Tyria masteries, fractals don't give all that much xp and even if the Tyria map pops up for daily events, they are so disjointed and random I'd be better off doing Cursed Shore or Silverwastes.

If you are short on time, doing the 2 daily flying skill/unbound magic in Bloodstone Fen and unbound magic/peach in Lake Doric takes a few minutes and gives decent chunk of xp. If Hablion is up, it's that much better. Then you have the wood farm in Malchor's Leap and rich iron vein in Gallowlands in Brisban Wildlands can give you a gold or two in 5 minutes.

Ofc then you have people farming Silverwastes or FR40 for 6 hours straight making like 40g per hour, but I'd rather kill myself than do that.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I got my Ascended backpack from Siren's Landing too this weekend, and I also got an earring from Bitterfrost. I need to find where I can get a 2nd earring, that will complete my accessories.

I'm continuing with dailies in Bitterfrost to get the Ascended Aquabreather there.

All that will be left is to continue crafting my armor and weapons. Got armorsmith to 400, need to push to 500 in case I want to make a sword and shield for Holosmith if I like that. :)

I'm also working on my World Completion, just at 80%, I pick a map and do it in a night or two after I am done with the dailies. Change of pace is nice.

I'm not that high in Masteries, think I am at 90 now or so. Gliding, Ancient Magic and Exalted are finished...working on Itzal and Nuloch now, I think I am 2 or 3 in each. Haven't gotten much Masteries from Tyria though, most are from Heart of Thorns.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I got my Ascended backpack from Siren's Landing too this weekend, and I also got an earring from Bitterfrost. I need to find where I can get a 2nd earring, that will complete my accessories.

I'm continuing with dailies in Bitterfrost to get the Ascended Aquabreather there.

All that will be left is to continue crafting my armor and weapons. Got armorsmith to 400, need to push to 500 in case I want to make a sword and shield for Holosmith if I like that. :)

I'm also working on my World Completion, just at 80%, I pick a map and do it in a night or two after I am done with the dailies. Change of pace is nice.

I'm not that high in Masteries, think I am at 90 now or so. Gliding, Ancient Magic and Exalted are finished...working on Itzal and Nuloch now, I think I am 2 or 3 in each. Haven't gotten much Masteries from Tyria though, most are from Heart of Thorns.
2/6 on ascended armor now, 60 gold down the drain and I raided my stash of ascended mats, but it looks nice and the upgrade is almost noticeable. I did world exploration way back at launch, so I'm riding that train. I just unlocked the supply line mastery, fractals are already maxed, since they give extra stuff from daily chests, now I need to figure out whether I want to unlock the rest of lego precursors or finish it. Since ascended gear will make me broke for the foreseeable future, I think I'll go with autoloot.

In theory I could do Lightbringer's back, but that would require HoT a4 mastery and dropping like 50 gold on rare items for other collections, so fuck that noise. I should probably revisit Bitterfrost for the aquabreather, even if the zone feels really tiny, the xp is nice.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm glad 2015 Faltigoth went balls crazy on making ascended armor and weapons for a few characters so now 2017 Faltigoth doesn't have to worry about all that bullshit. Until I decide to play a different random class that is, though with what Engineer looks like with that holosmith business coming, I don't think that's gonna happen.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm glad 2015 Faltigoth went balls crazy on making ascended armor and weapons for a few characters so now 2017 Faltigoth doesn't have to worry about all that bullshit. Until I decide to play a different random class that is, though with what Engineer looks like with that holosmith business coming, I don't think that's gonna happen.
Ascended gear is just account bound, so unless you need completely different stats and you want to do master fractals or raid, you can just switch it, assuming you have a matching type.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Found where to get my second ascended earring, vendor in Amber Bay has one. Started doing the dailies there to get more Petrified Wood to buy it.

So for the next few days, it will be Amber Bay and Bitterfrost for earring and aquabreather respectively.

I can still make my daily crafted stuff, but I am out of a lot of the somewhat rarer mats require to actually complete the armor pieces.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Found where to get my second ascended earring, vendor in Amber Bay has one. Started doing the dailies there to get more Petrified Wood to buy it.

So for the next few days, it will be Amber Bay and Bitterfrost for earring and aquabreather respectively.

I can still make my daily crafted stuff, but I am out of a lot of the somewhat rarer mats require to actually complete the armor pieces.
Start doing 1-20 fractals, no agony resist needed and you can buy the ring after 10 days, on top of tons of gold and rares to help your crafting progress. Ascended rings through the maps is a waste of time, unless you really can't get enough of the maps.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Start doing 1-20 fractals, no agony resist needed and you can buy the ring after 10 days, on top of tons of gold and rares to help your crafting progress. Ascended rings through the maps is a waste of time, unless you really can't get enough of the maps.

Thanks, I don't mind the maps...but I highly dislike fractals. I know they are a great option but simply not enjoying them. I wish I did because it would make a few things easier. :)

In a weird, sort of counterproductive way...I'm not in a rush to be in full ascended since there's not much left to look forward to after that.
I mean I could buy all the mats I need and be done with it...I think I'd be done with the game too, so it's kinda working out in a way to keep me playing longer. :)

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Ascended accessories are everywhere and pretty easy to get if I remember correctly. Even I have full ascended accessories from 2 years ago, still exotic gears/weapons tho...

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I got sucked into doing the Collection for the Legendary Trinket, Aurora. I had read up on it a bit, and I was like "no way" especially because of needing some Achievements that I am usually pretty bad at (like, don't get hit with the Boss AE during a story instance) but now that I have gotten most of the hardest, I am going for it. The biggest challenge is going to be the Chalice of Tears Jumping puzzle: you have to do that twice and you need all 5 checkpoints along the way. Did it once already, took me forever with a Mesmer even, but dreading the second time. So far, I have not seen a mesmer chain yet, but I hear some Guilds sometimes do that. :)

I take weeks/months for this, btw, I am not in a hurry, this is how I did my Legendary Weapons too. What I like about doing these long Legendary projects, is that they give my play sessions a bit of direction. I am not doing the harvesting-grindwork, I buy most of that shit. But the Achievements, having to travel all over the place and do certain events, collect certain trinkets, I think that is a lot of fun. I also had to do some Fractals and WvW, which is not really my cup of tea, but in the end I enjoyed it.

I do enjoy the LW3 maps, so doing this Legendary is ok with me. I do not think I will ever do the Legendary Backpack since that involves doing a billion fractals. :)

Last edited:

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ascended gear is fairly easy to get, I threw myself at silverwastes for probably around 50-60 hours play time and walked away with an entire set, bought charms/necklace with laurels, rings through fractals, and backpack with 250 strong blood recipe. Got lucky with a bow drop and had a free weapon from the collection from HoT.

I would suggest running dragon's stand until you get enough of the ore to finish the collection of all of the leystone armor as it gives a free piece of ascended gear, I selected the chestpiece at the time and it saved me around 130gold.

As far as other weapons go I did fractals until I got every weapon that my thief could use and then also got a condi set rolling.

To get a second set I did pvp until I could get a full stat selectable set and picked viper and ran the new zones for all the stat selectable accesories.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just 50-60 hours you say?!
I did it across like 2 months so it's not that bad, I have like 600 hours in two years and have like four sets of ascended, and a legendary. I really don't get how some people have been playing since launch and have like one, i've probably looted around 400 of each t6 rare mat at this point by myself.