Guild Wars 2

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Saying that I couldn't give 2 shits about PvE is not the same thing as never playing it. My statement about being uneducated stands.
You said you leveled your chars mostly through crafting, you don't care about PvE, and you're entirely ignorant of the state of PvE. Are you pretending to be a retard or were you always one?

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
You said you leveled your chars mostly through crafting, you don't care about PvE, and you're entirely ignorant of the state of PvE. Are you pretending to be a retard or were you always one?
You said I was "entirely ignorant of the state of PvE", not I.

Personal attacks aside, I actually liked the PvE in Guild Wars 2, especially the holiday events, Fractals, and other things but that's not why I am playing/played it nor is it why I would continue to play it.

In order for WvW to remain a competitive feature I would love to see the following (taken from the "how to save WvW" thread on guru):

Ditch the scoreboard - Instead, put up a Server War page ala: Camelot Herald style that provides all the great meta statistics one would want from a war.
Ditch resets - WvW needs to feel persistent and epic and this won't happen as long as there is a weekly reset. Server merges and battlegroups to accomodate.
New abilities based on WvW rank - Ever hear of realm abilities? New unlocked abilities that are granted after reaching a certain rank in WvW. These abilities are used and balanced strictly for WvW.
Orbs, orbs, and orbs - Swap the bonuses with the outmanned buff that these used to give and give the orbs what the outmanned buff gives. Double the effect and move these orbs into the Garrisons.
Kill spam - We don't need names but we do need a target and seeing who killed who recently and WHERE goes a long way.
Queues snooze - Ditch the queue system. This goes right along with the persistence of the world. Jumping in and out of WvW as you see fit.
Tyria Falls - Dungeon that resides under the entire WvW map that's connected to each borderland that offers up everything from traps to rewards to bosses to loot to jumping puzzles. It's only unlocked once a server holds the majority of the objectives.
Commander calls - Remove the gold restriction of the commander icon and place it on required WvW rank. Give elevated priviledges to the commander such as supply route placement, better identifiable waypoint and objective assignment.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I've cleared many a fractal and most dungeons but only have about 50% of the map completion. No one is ignoring anything but you're going to have to do better than "boo hoo champion mobs don't drop loot" in a game that's touted as having very limited vertical progression.

The point I am trying to make here Skinner is that you're claiming that you know what the "people" want and what you believe will fix the game but in all honesty that's what YOU want, not necessarily others or the majority and claiming you DO know what the majority want is pretty damn arrogant. Same shit that goes on in other forums, other threads, about other games. I made a statement about what I wanted to show you that not everyone wants what you want. I thought that was pretty obvious but it's apparent it needed to be spelled out.
Is this post serious? So you ran many a fractual, a new instanced dungeon in LA, but now you know whats wrong and what isn't with PvE? You seriously don't believe the Risk v. Reward in this game is messed up? You believe the zones in this game is populated with people running around? You believe people are killing champions/vets and mobs in zones for loot?

The PvE in this game is almost entirely abandoned because there is no reason or carrot to do any of it. People run AC and CoF all day because AC and CoF provides everything they need. There is no reason to do anything else in PvE and so the zones stay abandoned. Even Anet acknowledged this in their blog post with the creation of an achievement system that will force players through abandoned PvE maps.

You really went full retard.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Is this post serious? So you ran many a fractual, a new instanced dungeon in LA, but now you know whats wrong and what isn't with PvE? You seriously don't believe the Risk v. Reward in this game is messed up? You believe the zones in this game is populated with people running around? You believe people are killing champions/vets and mobs in zones for loot?

The PvE in this game is almost entirely abandoned because there is no reason or carrot to do any of it. People run AC and CoF all day because AC and CoF provides everything they need. There is no reason to do anything else in PvE and so the zones stay abandoned. Even Anet acknowledged this in their blog post with the creation of an achievement system that will force players through abandoned PvE maps.

You really went full retard.
You're making quite a few assumptions there about what I said or didn't say Skinner so why don't you take a step back and cool down instead of throwing out personal attacks or is that too difficult to get your point across? I just want to level set and see if you're really serious about improving the game or if you just want to come here and bitch about what the game isn't.

Fractals is actually 9 different instanced dungeons that originate in LA and it's where the current top end rewards are going to come from.
I highly believe that Risk vs Reward is imbalanced in the game especially when it comes to WvW so I'm not sure where you think I didn't believe it was.
The zones in the game will never be fully populated as they were at launch until you start giving folks a reason to go back through them outside of scaling and achievements. Again, you put words in my mouth that it's something I said when I didn't.
I agree that there is no PvE carrot which is again, why I chose to WvW which is also losing sight of the carrot and the various changes I listed in the previous post could help with that.

Now we can certainly continue to take pot shots at one another or we can start contributing as to what we think can help the game but that's up to you. You clearly had higher expectations of what has been announced for expected changes but you're taking it out on the wrong person to the point that you're making shit up as you go along.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
You're making quite a few assumptions there about what I said or didn't say Skinner so why don't you take a step back and cool down instead of throwing out personal attacks or is that too difficult to get your point across?I just want to level set and see if you're really serious about improving the game or if you just want to come here and bitch about what the game isn't?

Isn't that exactly what you are doing, pyksel? Last I checked pointing out reasons why people are not doing things, and why things are abandoned, and giving ways to fix those things, are ways to improve the game. But you seem to think that pointing out the risk v. reward imbalance issues is no big deal.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I love how you keep editing your posts to add in more content then was originally there, while pretending to take the high road and act like you of all people were furthering the conversation.

You have some serious issues.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I don't want to sound overly bitter, but I got GW2 to PvP and to me, not having a single content update for WvW (while every other part of the game has had several) is just unacceptable.
So which is it? Are you here to PvE or PvP Skinner?

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
So which is it? Are you here to PvE or PvP Skinner?
Did you miss the date?
12-07-2012, 10:44 PM
What does buying this game for PvP have to do with anything? I purchased the game to PvP, I ended up playing and staying for all aspects of the game because the PvP from release turned out to be shit.

How unstable are you, really?

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I think they are not that concerned because someone quitting for 3 months doesnt mean they are out a guaranteed $45. Sure that person might have bought some cash shop items, but that's not certain, while a canceled sub is a revenue loss.

For me there are many nice bullet points on that list, but since there are no details or schedules listed I'm still in wait and see mode. I am actually mostly interested in the open world improvements because like most people I found 1-80 to be a really fun journey and and when I'm playing I mostly do small map completion bits. I'm not that interested in the WvW because of issues and it being too zergy imo, have seen enough of the dungeons and the BG/Arena type PvP never thrilled me that much. So I'm happy that they at least make it an important point in their outline, instead of focusing on adding new dungeons or the like. Also happy that they take it easy on the stats treadmill, especially since "moar stats" would have been an easy way to buy time with the part of the playerbase that doesnt come from GW1 (that part is still in uproar about the couple %s they added with the few ascended items slots they released so far, another tier of gear would give them seizures). WvW abilities are great news, I hope they mirror that for PvE only abilites too so they arent forced to make them pvp-fair.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Did you miss the date?

What does buying this game for PvP have to do with anything? I purchased the game to PvP, I ended up playing and staying for all aspects of the game because the PvP from release turned out to be shit.

How unstable are you, really?
And now they are trying to fix it. What more do you want? I'm just as skeptical as you but I certainly don't hold the same level of expectations you apparently have. I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested but again Skinner if you feel the need for pot shots because it somehow substantiates your posts then go right ahead, makes no difference in the end.

Edited to fuck with Skinner.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
And now they are trying to fix it. What more do you want? I'm just as skeptical as you but I certainly don't hold the same level of expectations you apparently have. I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested but again Skinner if you feel the need for pot shots because it somehow substantiates your posts then go right ahead, makes no difference in the end.

Edited to fuck with Skinner.
All I have said to start this was that I was disappointed that the blog post that was hyped up for a month to address the community concerns and address what they were working on was 80%+ PR/Marketing spin. I wasn't in the minority of that opinion.

You then went off the deep end rambling on about shit that no one was talking about, using words no one had ever used before. I told you to turn it down.

I took no pot shots at you until you started taking pot shots at me. No idea what your problem is, but you really need to reread the entire page.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
More Colin quotes regardingachievement changes:
You receive 1 crown per daily, and 10 per monthly. (We're also still tweaking the costs of the items shown in the screen shot, and will continue to adjust them until until the system is released.)

You won't lose any achievement progress and will get full credit for all that kind of thing, absolutely. The only stuff that might need to be capped are achievements that extend infinitely that a handful of people have taken to extreme levels, we'll discuss other options as well but I think if an effort to be transparent, it's better to get out ahead of expectations so no one is surprised.

You will still receive all the same rewards you currently get for your daily and monthly achievements, this will be an additional reward on top of it to make it more rewarding.

In going back to that whole "let people play the way they want to play" concept:
We're going to hold off on adding most of the daily achievements that send you to specific parts of the game until we've added the ability to select from a list (like 4/6.) The initial version you'll see with rotating daily achievements won't feature too many new achievement options, since we don't want to do more specific type achievements without giving you the choice to pick from a list of stuff you're more excited about.

The January monthly achievement, regardless of when you complete it will not reward the new crown currency.

Pogoflip_sl

shitlord
i think it is all a cop-out, until i see it. i mean i been waiting for a guild hall and there was no mention of that but they are going to have guild events. seems like a hall to stage from might help.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
I so wanted this game to grab my attention but I could only get to level 40 before I just went "meh". I wished their zones had a better overarching story like SWTOR had. Your personal quest just wasn't enough for me.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Tyria Falls - Dungeon that resides under the entire WvW map that's connected to each borderland that offers up everything from traps to rewards to bosses to loot to jumping puzzles. It's only unlocked once a server holds the majority of the objectives.
Oooooh, yeeesssss, please.

Pretty, pretty please?

(for extra bonus, the "Falls" would have random nameds that drop BOA crafting recipes for specific unique-looking equipment/upgrade particle effects, requiring components available only from events in the dungeon as well. It wouldn't count as Mists, however: you're not upleveled if you go inside)

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I so wanted this game to grab my attention but I could only get to level 40 before I just went "meh". I wished their zones had a better overarching story like SWTOR had. Your personal quest just wasn't enough for me.
That's one area I'd love to see them improve on in future expansions or whatever. The game has a ton of lore, but very little narrative. They came up with an ingenious way of delivering events and quests, but the explanation behind them is usually very bland and generic. MMOs like WoW generally gave me better reasoning for going to do something like kill 10 bats. Not to mention, there really is no connection between most events aside from the ones that lead directly to another, making them feel more like several menial tasks rather than actual "quests". It does a good job at making the world feel alive, just not at making me feel as connected to the world.

And, like you said, the personal quest really doesn't accomplish this either. It's too separate, feels disconnected in its own right. The rewards are mostly negligibly (and worthless if you don't do them at the right levels), and there's really no lasting impact of doing them. I had sort of hoped that the personal home zone would accomplish this as your quests choices were supposed to be reflected there, but that's one of those things that hasn't been fully realized.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
DE do a decent job at making the zone seem alive, and their plan seems to be to expand them so you dont get as much repetition.

I wish they would include longer, optional quests besides the mandatory main story though (yea you can stop doing it, but its the only one for now). Make them the length of one chapter of the personal story roughly and string through like 2-3 zones. It could be a "against the centaur" line for humans, for example. If needed for the story make them instanced, they can instance an area of any size of a zone seperately anyway. That would get people into the zones to get to places and usually involved in some DEs if they want. Could also mix it with non-instanced objectives. In the same vein, making the legendary items somewhat deserving of the name with at least a little bit of story and a final quest would be nice. They want to rework the creation of those anyway so might as well do it right instead of just allowing to trade a mill Karma for a precursor at some vendor.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Guesting is Coming

And so is the start of paid transfers.

The bullet points.
-can guest to up to two other servers in a 24hour period
-can't WvW for a guested server, only your home one
-can only guest to servers in the same region as your home one (so can't guest to a euro server if you're on a us server)

So, unless you want to have to pay for a full transfer, make sure to transfer to wherever you want to stay by the 28th.