Guild Wars 2

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah it's pretty badass, keep an eye out for all those hidden BeeDog Queen's. There are quite a lot hidden.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Final boss fight is brutal, but not half as bad as the following rapid crossing puzzle. Holy shit.

Dom_sl

shitlord
Just logged in to give the April Fools stuff a try. They sold me on it 2 seconds in with the character select screen music.

And then lost me when I saw that it was all group content.

Hekotat

I've only got as far as the frog and now I have to work 4 12's, 5 17's and 4 more 12's. Worst. Timing. Ever.

I better get enough to get the staff and 2h sword and what the fuck is up with no daggers?

EDIT: apparently community reaction depends on whether this will stay and if they will keep adding new content to it.http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...t_sab_to_stay/

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I actually picked up the game while it was on sale and i'm still attempting to find out what class is best for me. I'm still going to between Ranger and Thief but anyway, I post just mention that I noticed a lot of people in the starting areas. Probably the most I have seen in any other games, especially of late. The game is beautiful, i'm still in the honeymoon phase because there is so much I haven't seen or do I even know what to do. Definitely an interesting change for me already but we'll see where it leads me a few weeks from now.

Hekotat

No reason you can't have both. I still have tons of the map I haven't seen and almost none of the jump puzzles done. If you play casually this game has tons to offer.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I also began playing the game a few days ago. Started with a warrior but tried out a few classes and ended up deciding on Nord Guardian. Really enjoying the game. Only frustration(more my fault then the games) at the moment is that due to the lack of structure while levelling I feel a bit lost at times. If you just do all the hearts in each area you are under levelled. I've been so used to MMOS just ticking the boxes to level. I'm not used to just "playing" the game. I feel that is when GW 2 is at its best. When you simply stop chasing levels and play. Let the game side track you as it seems to do so well. Enjoy the amazing world that has been created. Although sometimes I get caught back up in just trying to level.

I wish I had of been there for launch the events would have be so awesome. They still are but imagine with more people

Hekotat

Don't forget there are multiple of each level zone, so you can hit more than one to keep up in levels and make sure to do your story quests you will get tons of XP from those if you keep up.

You can also hit lower level zones and it will still give you pretty good xp and crafting gives a SHITLOAD of xp when making discoveries, usually one discovery will give you one level.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I also began playing the game a few days ago. Started with a warrior but tried out a few classes and ended up deciding on Nord Guardian. Really enjoying the game. Only frustration(more my fault then the games) at the moment is that due to the lack of structure while levelling I feel a bit lost at times. If you just do all the hearts in each area you are under levelled. I've been so used to MMOS just ticking the boxes to level. I'm not used to just "playing" the game. I feel that is when GW 2 is at its best. When you simply stop chasing levels and play. Let the game side track you as it seems to do so well. Enjoy the amazing world that has been created. Although sometimes I get caught back up in just trying to level.

I wish I had of been there for launch the events would have be so awesome. They still are but imagine with more people
Exactly how I feel... I think it's a good thing though to feel this way. Maybe there's game out there that doesn't hold your hand completely. I just haven't found the right class but I have only played thief (beta) and Mesmer now. I'm trying a Ranger next. I'm so PvP centric it makes it difficult to figure out quickly.

Hekotat

Rangers rape ass in spvp, not sure if it's long bow or short bow but it's hard as hell to get close enough to kill them.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Just logged in to give the April Fools stuff a try. They sold me on it 2 seconds in with the character select screen music.

Solo'd all of World 1 and 2. It's not necessary to run as a group. If you suck at jumping puzzles, there's even an easy mode version.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

It's not. You can solo all of it. It is easier to cheese some things with more people but it's definitely very soloable, I soloed all of it myself on other characters after doing it with a 4 person group the first time.

Hekotat

They put up all the mp3's for the 8 bit sound/music on soundcloud today if anyone is interested.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I solo'd everything, even the boss. Once you know the mechanics it's pretty easy. It's a lot longer if you solo, but I like to explore and was working on the achievements. Didn't want to deal with a group. Group is fun too though, and easy to pick up at the gate.

Hekotat

If you just blow through it and only go for chests/bosses it goes pretty fast, especially if you're pressed for time.

Dom_sl

shitlord
I solo'd everything, even the boss. Once you know the mechanics it's pretty easy. It's a lot longer if you solo, but I like to explore and was working on the achievements. Didn't want to deal with a group. Group is fun too though, and easy to pick up at the gate.
Good to know. I'll have to give it another shot.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Just started playing this with my friends on Sanctum of Rall. Level 55 in about a week. So far amazing game.

Will see you fuckers on the battlefield.