Guild Wars 2

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
There werent any sweeping changes since january but lots of small stuff was changed/added. They attached a grind to WvW so it feels a bit more meaningful, slowly move SPvP towards esports and introduced a bi-weekly circus for PvE players. Basically a new darkmoon faire every two weeks with minigames, some collect quests and a bit of story. Individually those are nice but the rapid stream of them is becoming tiresome. Since you are new to them it is certainly worth a look, doesnt cost you anything but time.

The gauntlet encounters are fun, beats me why yet again this is only available for a few weeks. It's like they dont want to have permanent additions that could entice people back to the game.

zhr0_sl

shitlord
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely have to check those out. For the gauntlets I am guessing there are some nice rewards you get for doing them?

Edit: Meant to ask what kind of grind has been attached for WvW is it for a set of gear or some other items?

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
You grind up WvW levels for +% dmg with certain siege, resist to siege, dmg to npcs and the like. Nothing exciting.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Welp, just hit 80. I had purchased some Karma level 80 weapons last time I played, and it looks like Arenanet decided they didn't want them bought cheap so they're gone from my bank.

I think I'll take a year or five off from this game.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Welp, just hit 80. I had purchased some Karma level 80 weapons last time I played, and it looks like Arenanet decided they didn't want them bought cheap so they're gone from my bank.

It must have beenreally reallyhard on you logging in, leveling to 80 and then opening your bank to see the karma exploit weapons vanished from there...

APPROXIMATELY ONE YEAR AGO...

How do you go an entire year without checking your bank BTW?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You grind up WvW levels for +% dmg with certain siege, resist to siege, dmg to npcs and the like. Nothing exciting.
Actually, there ARE some exciting upgrades. If you max out the defense against guards line, you can get a stacking buff that gives you +250 vitality with infinite duration until you die. You just have to kill 5 guards every time you die to stack the buff back up, it's kind of insane.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Level 80 yellow weapons are a couple silver...

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
They're pretty much done with adding new monthly events content as they said they wanted to get the year of content in and then it will repeat itself, like halloween and winterfest. Do the queen's pavilion while you can, easy leveling, easy equipment, easy money, easy karma, follow the zerg and tag everything, might be boring if you don't enjoy killing almost non stop.

They just made changes to all currencies in your wallet, all your characters will have access to your total gold karma badges laurels etc. Karma is not that hard to get, gold as well as you can farm rares off boss mobs once a day. Can keep track of it herehttp://us.gw2stuff.com/en/events/jade-quarry

The wvw ranks are a grind, but couple useful things can be had from it anyways. Wvw gear is affordable as well since you get badges easily from player and npc kills.

Still a lot of shit wrong with the game, and wvw needs a lot of work still but they just don't seem to give a shit about it, even the rankings match system is more broken than ever. But it's free still and enjoyment can be found.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
It must have beenreally reallyhard on you logging in, leveling to 80 and then opening your bank to see the karma exploit weapons vanished from there...

How do you go an entire year without checking your bank BTW?
I honestly haven't played almost at all since I was bored with WvW and saw no need to grind out a few levels for no apparent reason.

They weren't exploit weapons. I did buy them all from a vendor! Granted, the price was... low, but hey they make the rules.
wink.png

My big gripes about the game aren't them taking back my K-mart killer weapons, but more how grouping is a bore, WvW objectives are lacking, and how I really don't like their classes that much.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I like so much about this game...as a single-player game. The group stuff just falls apart for me. That said, it's given me more entertainment over the last 3 months than anything else I've played in a while and I haven't spent a single cent beyond the initial box cost.

xzi

Mouthbreather

If it makes you feel any better I got banned a couple months ago because I bought karma weapons like 5 months prior to that. The reasoning behind it was "You never deleted an item you exploited for in your bank" that I honestly thought I deleted all of the ones I exploited for. Not to mention the item was shitty compared to the mace I had. Pretty gay if you ask me.

However I could give a fuck less because I only wanted to play WvW and I could only see about 14 people of the 300 in front of me during WvW. Apparently they fixed that issue but they were like 7 months late.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
On the WvW forum they say they're removing the big stupid lake on the WvW border maps and replacing it with real objectives, and that they're doing it very soon, which generally means this patch or next.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
What are the 'real objectives'? The server vs server RvR really was a bust. What they needed was more of a Frontiers approach, with Realm Ranks or some equivalent, and also some form of small teams combat so you could roll out your Skald again, Mist. Nothing is personal or meaningful, and there is no real carrot for WvW, that I'm aware of.

I could be wrong though. I really haven't followed the game much. I was disappointed that I enjoyed the PVE far more than the WvW.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
They should make three different borderlands maps to begin with. The focus of WvW is not on carefully ensuring a 100% balanced environment and you switch starting border regularly, so I'll take some change of scenery over three identical maps. (not that I play WvW, too zergy for my comp)

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
They should make three different borderlands maps to begin with. The focus of WvW is not on carefully ensuring a 100% balanced environment and you switch starting border regularly, so I'll take some change of scenery over three identical maps. (not that I play WvW, too zergy for my comp)
This.

They spent how much time making a bunch of pve and spvp maps already they could have come up with 1 new one for the borderlands to rotate. The borderland maps are also too big at the moment as it seems like only the top 3-5 servers can even field enough people to put a queue into the borderlands other than eternal battleground, so most times you see fighting happening mostly on 1 borderland for the week, people go where the fighting is.

About the karma weapons, I thought they only banned and removed weapons from people who bought like over 50 of them, basically if you had bought a set of weapons for 5 characters you would be under that number and safe, anyone buying more than 50 bought up the what the fuck you buying that much for questioning. Even those fuckers got away easy, all they had to do was contact anet and they would have gotten their accounts reinstated. Don't remember them removing any of the weapons under the 50 count.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Anyone still playing ? next patch brings in ascended weapons from crafting, neuters karma boosts and removes magic find from gear. It has been pretty interesting to follow their patches, since they are the only ones who seem to iterate on design decisions so often, thanks to their fortnight patch schedule. I have been having a lot of fun, especially since you never feel forced to play when patch hits, all that shit is mostly cosmetic, but the achievement point rewards give you something big to work towards.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
They have a stream up for Pax right now, running the new tequatl encounter, it will give you the chance at ascended drops in the end.http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

Pretty much Jormag fight 2.0, the people they have running it are pretty bad, two groups of 20 have failed already, even the devs were pretty bad and they haven't even managed to drop him below 50%. 3rd group is up, they're doing a little better. Only reason to do this fight is for ascended otherwise I bet people would just say fuck it back to champ farming, which has made the jormag fight obsolete.

As for the rest of the game, apparently the mats collection for the new ascended weapons is expected to be retarded, copying wow's you can only make this certain mat once a day.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pretty much Jormag fight 2.0, the people they have running it are pretty bad, two groups of 20 have failed already, even the devs were pretty bad and they haven't even managed to drop him below 50%. 3rd group is up, they're doing a little better.Only reason to do this fight is for ascendedotherwise I bet people would just say fuck it back to champ farming, which has made the jormag fight obsolete.
That seems to be the point though. They've designed a more difficult encounter with a chance at much better rewards. In my opinion, it's a step in the right direction since, up until this point, there have been few events in the game that are worth doing due to the fact that you're just getting loot from an incredibly random loot pool. It'll just be a matter at what chance you have to get the better loot and how much of it will just be getting the same old garbage that you're going to immediately vender otherwise.

In other news, theLFG Tool is coming September 17:

UbiSuPr.jpg

Looks to be pretty much what you'd expect from an MMO, with the addition of being able to merge teams.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
They had to add ascended otherwise people would just do it once and never touch it again because of the length of it, what the drop rates will be another question, probably laughable as usual. Claw of jormag fight isn't worth doing now for a rare from the chest, you can go farm champs 3-4x over in the same time and make more money and mats. It's not really a harder fight than what's already in the game, Teq 2.0 is basically jormag 1.0, they both got minions and champs to deal with, barriers to break, protect the bots from the icicles = protect the players on the guns, only thing different is jump over the tidal wave and drop into the toxic underwater. Surprised the first two play groups failed so hard on it, then again they had a bunch of clickers(even the dev), bunch of people standing around in the toxic areas, and noobs meleeing under the dragon's foot and not bothering to res people.

Oh yeah forgot about the LFG tool they showed, finally, probably see why it took so long with the extra details they added to it.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I like so much about this game...as a single-player game. The group stuff just falls apart for me. That said, it's given me more entertainment over the last 3 months than anything else I've played in a while and I haven't spent a single cent beyond the initial box cost.
I came back last week after 9ish months of not really playing. I made a Ranger, used Birthday boost level booster to get to L20, now L40 and having a complete blast. My first character was an Elementalist...while decent, was fairly easy to punch out. Ranger? I have toreallytry hard to get killed, and everything I shoot at just dies quickly. Also now using Birthday Booster which gives 100% to kill xp and other stuff. Grabbed 5 levels in 2 hours just futzing around.

I agree that the group stuff is just not there, nor is the end-game pve stuff...damn, this game needs a real carrot. Beyond that, it's quite good.

I spent prolly $120 on it so far in the last year. Bought some bag boosters early on which I didn't need, and recently spent $20 on 52 gold...just because I am lazy, and fuck being poor.