Guild Wars 2

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I haven't played this since I rolled with prx, hit 50 and quit.

How is it now? im looking for something to play every now and then nothing serious that I have to grind in to be viable, couple questions for people still playing.

1.) best way to gear fresh 50?
2.) anything special I need to know since I haven't played since a month or two after release?
3.) some suggested strong builds, im not looking for anything specific say mage/ranger etc, necro does look fun though.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Best way to gear a fresh 50 is get level 51.
omg they increased the lvl cap?
frown.png

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Hit 80, if you don't have gold to just buy full zerker exotic gear straight up, just run dungeons, tell people you are new and you will be rolling in gear and money in a few days. Then I recommend finishing the new personal story, it gives some decent rewards, run rifts which give crappy money but are one of the few places where you can get ascended gear. You can also go full hermit and just level crafting to 500, which is pretty expensive/grindy and craft it yourself and then whatever you want. Maybe 100% map completion ? WvW ? Running world bosses ?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Hit 80, if you don't have gold to just buy full zerker exotic gear straight up,
With mega-server, most of the Orrian Temples are usually freed, so you can get some exotic gear for Karma (42k apiece, but if you haven't wasted it during levelling, you should have enough or close to it). The zerker armor is on the Temple of Grenth, at the start of the Cursed Shore zone.
Running world bosses ?
That one is easy since you havea timer to tell you where to go, and it gives you shitton of rares and some exotics, boxes with crafting materials.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just wanted to let people know that untill the 24th of august, you can get this game for half price.Buy Guild Wars 2

If you never bought/played this, can't go wrong for 20 euros (or dollars) in my opinion.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
At release GW2 was by far the most fun I've had leveling in an MMO. I don't think I looked at my XP bar more than a hand full of times across the 3 level 80's I have.

Saban_sl

shitlord
How is the pvp in the game these days? i made the mistake of having a melee as my 80 and that pretty much killed wvw for me.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not really sure on PvP overall but after a few minutes of play I can say the commander change was horrible. So many damn tags on the map of people who have no business being a commander.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
How is the pvp in the game these days? i made the mistake of having a melee as my 80 and that pretty much killed wvw for me.
Well, warriors were awesome in WvW for a long time, but today they've finally been nerfed pretty hard. Not sure which melee you had. :p Guardians still good.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, warriors were awesome in WvW for a long time, but today they've finally been nerfed pretty hard. Not sure which melee you had. :p Guardians still good.
Yep. Main was a War at release, etc. Easy to play, a lot of fun, great in a small group roaming in WvW, great solo pve, etc etc. Just loved that toon. Problem was so did everyone else. Knew the nerf bat was coming, surprised it took this long.

Imo the main problem with warriors is that they were one of the best designed classes in GW2. I have toons of most of the other classes and they are all fun, but none of them gave me the same enjoyment factor that the Warrior had. Too many design flaws and too complex to play compared to the war. I do think the Mesmer is fun though. Necro was fun in beta when the pve content was tough. The rest are just ok. Engineer should have been fun but they screwed them up pretty badly at first.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I haven't played in months, but from a quick glance at the patchnotes the warrior still seems to be fine in PvE at least. That is if Greatsword/Axe is still the way to go; I doubt a 5% damage loss on the first hundred blades swings will make anyone switch over to the hassle that is a PvE thief for instance.