Guild Wars 2

Caliane

event? is he in the game, and trying to join the pvp event spectate going on?
or, trying to join a living world mission, which if you didnt log in, you will need to purchase.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
nah he cant even log in that's the message error hes getting that I posted.

I paid for the game, I did the head start and I played it so im not sure why its happening I only played it for a little bit, he allowed his IP already and that didn't work it just tells him there is no event going on or this account dosent have authorization.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
event? is he in the game, and trying to join the pvp event spectate going on?
The message is the old message that was during beta, where your account could participate in test weekends and so on. Basically, it's an account that's somehow not flagged as having a GW2 game key applied.

Caliane

Reimagining Progression: The Mastery System | GuildWars2.com
The ability to train Masteries is unlocked at level 80 for all players that own Heart of Thorns. When this ability is unlocked, your character's experience bar will change to become a Mastery training bar while in PvE zones. This bar will track your progress on training the Mastery track you currently have selected, showing both the abilities you are training toward and those already earned from the track. To see all your Mastery tracks, spend Mastery points, and change which Mastery you are currently training, click the Mastery training bar to bring up the Mastery tray. Because the Mastery training bar completely replaces the experience bar, players who've reached level 80 will no longer gain levels but will instead train Masteries.This means characters that have reached level 80 will no longer gain skill points through leveling. Skill points will be added as rewards across high-level content to offset this change.
Any playing, or considering coming back. big change there, may consider farming skill points now.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Nothing will change if they keep the ratio similar and things to gain skill points repeatable, for example clearing a path would give 1 skill point, same for doing all your daily achievements etc.

Their PR is really beating the gliders to death, I guess they haven't settled on anything else yet, or it's gonna be something lame like +10% damage to plants.

Caliane

yeah, its a bit "we'll see". just making sure everyone sees the change. we already get alot of skill points from champ bags, in addition to the level based ones.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Nothing will change if they keep the ratio similar and things to gain skill points repeatable, for example clearing a path would give 1 skill point, same for doing all your daily achievements etc.
My guess is that you only get skill points from skill scrolls, the ones you currently randomly gain when opening champion/boss pouches. There might be a slightly less random way of obtaining them, but then, maybe not.

What is probably going to perk everyone's interest the Precursor Mastery. Price is going to drop.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Thank you for pre-purchasing Guild Wars 2!
IMPORTANT! Please take a moment to register your Guild Wars 2 account.

Registering your Guild Wars 2 account lets you play the game before launch by providing you with Headstart Access on August 25, three days before the game launches.

Save this e-mail for reference. If there is a problem with your order, customer support will ask you for your order number.

Order number: 271689*
Order date: 8/1/2012

Guild Wars 2 Digital Edition $59.99
Serial Code: FVVSLD-38H12-3CRJ-BSP-MVPVC*

Online game codes can only be used to create or upgrade one game account.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So then maybe EU launch was different, because I have 2 codes, 1 for pre-release and the second to upgrade to full version of GW2. I even dug them up.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
yeah its really weird I submitted a ticket, but I hate that kind of support because well it sucks communicating with someone every 3-4 days on a problem.

Im trying to think like did I cancel it after the headstart, but I know I played it lmao so well see.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Not just giving a skill point alongside whatever mastery rewards you get is dumb in the first place. Instead, they waste dev time on providing them through additional means. Right now skill points are abundant enough to be dumped for currency - if they add any new uses for them to make them more valuable they could simply balance the costs with the skill point you get per level in mind.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
There's been a steady push over the last year to remove fungibility of activities. Basically, you could do whatever you liked and you got rewards for what you wanted to become. You got skill points to buy whatever skill you wanted. You would level and get your talents. You would play normally, and you'd eventually got your 5 dailies done as a side effect.

Then, they removed "whatever talent" and put "claim this area of the mists to enable this talent". But at least, if you didn't like the WvW, you could still spend a bunch of skill points.

Then, they moved from "do 5 very generic activities today" among 7-8 to "do 3 very narrowly defined one" among 4. From "gather 20 things" to "gather 10 ore from these regions and none other". Note that I used to complete all 5 every day, usually within 30mn, and not much TP around. Now, I miss the daily completion at least half the time, because they want me to choose two between getting to a vista in one of two out of the way zones (Maguuma Wastes), doing that one boss that spawns every 3 hour, or a 20-30 fractal.

And now, the mastery system looks like, instead of having generic skill points to spend in a track for what you want, you have very specific skill points earned in specific regions for one track, period.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Yea that's true. I've been playing a bit the last two weeks and I barely completed any daily, let alone the daily meta. I dont care for the achievement points so /shrug, but it's worse then before. I feel this coming HoT change is especially bad regarding skill points because they could've done alot more with that currency

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
yeah its really weird I submitted a ticket, but I hate that kind of support because well it sucks communicating with someone every 3-4 days on a problem.

Im trying to think like did I cancel it after the headstart, but I know I played it lmao so well see.
They were also offering full refunds for people at some point, maybe you took advantage of that ?