Guild Wars 2

bytes

Molten Core Raider
This fight was a total mess in the very few attempts we had at it. I'm curious to see how fast people will adapt to this, it is basically WoW raiding which is something GW2 only players aren't used to at all.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
GW2's core gameplay is so anti-WoW that trying to shoehorn WoW type raids into their current combat system seems destined for failure. And from watching that video it looks like trying to stick a square peg in a round hole, forced, and like something that will satisfy neither your average WoW fan nor GW2 fan.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I need something to play...Is this worth picking up? Have they added a tank class/setup yet?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Even worse, it just follows whoever has the most toughness
Hmm can you kite it with 2 sets of weapons, one with toughness and one without just so it runs all over the place ?
biggrin.png

Nvm, apparently it has 10min enrage timer, so get your zerker gear ready.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hmm can you kite it with 2 sets of weapons, one with toughness and one without just so it runs all over the place ?
biggrin.png

Nvm, apparently it has 10min enrage timer, so get your zerker gear ready.
LOL that's awesome. They go to all that trouble to try to get trinity-style shit in there, get people in gear other than zerker, and then throw an enrage timer on it guaranteeing that everyone will use zerker. That is a pretty damn questionable design choice.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
LOL that's awesome. They go to all that trouble to try to get trinity-style shit in there, get people in gear other than zerker, and then throw an enrage timer on it guaranteeing that everyone will use zerker. That is a pretty damn questionable design choice.
I think it's mostly to prevent people from fucking up too much, the first kill videos are like 7 minutes.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Reminder: Anet picked up some of the ex-Carbine (Wildstar) raid devs.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Meh... don't feel impressed with that.
Engineer tanking the fight lol.
All the spell effects covering up everything, just an explosion of light on the boss.
Also tank/healer setups were already possible, it's just that it was just more efficient to run 5 zerk specs and kite stuff in dungeons.
Even the druids were running zerk spec for that raid and now they're getting their healing nerfed.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
healing base line is getting lowered with healing scaling with stats increased to remove the druid zerk spec

bytes

Molten Core Raider
A halfdecent necro runs zerker because necros aren't even good at inflicting conditions.

Crazily

N00b
I need something to play...Is this worth picking up? Have they added a tank class/setup yet?
Yes worth it since its free 2 play, fun game to level through, cool world, fun combat etc.

I played for a year or two after release then quit after it was just another grind/pvp game.....started back up the other day to level a new class. With the expansion coming , figured it was time to play it again.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Yeah its a fun game to level up plus the core game is free. I'm leveling up a warrior until the 23rd. Definitely will be playing the expansion with the new profession class. Last I remember the guardian was the tanking class but that was over 2 years ago and I'm sure alot has changed since then. I hearing warrior is a better tank now.