Guild Wars 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Nightfall was probably one of the best expansions to any MMO ever. That shit belongs right up there with some of the early EQ ones and WotlK in my book. I still miss my Dervish.
The whole thing, it's still remarkable how the aesthetics hold up. The African lore is still quite rarely adapted in games. The class design, the story... I wonder how many GW2 players actually know who or why Kormir is one of the gods.

Yeah, I wonder if they are ever going to add Dervishes into GW2, but probably not until they get around to doing other continents.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The whole thing, it's still remarkable how the aesthetics hold up. The African lore is still quite rarely adapted in games. The class design, the story... I wonder how many GW2 players actually know who or why Kormir is one of the gods.

Yeah, I wonder if they are ever going to add Dervishes into GW2, but probably not until they get around to doing other continents.
I guess the problem is a bit like the D3 problem where a lot of the current classes overlap a lot with the old classes so it'd be hard to make them really original. Like Dervish has a lot of aspects of Dagger elementalist. Could definitely get something decent but they'd need to actually feel like adding more classes which I don't know if they'll ever do. Generally if you were going for classes, it'd be in your first big expansion, especially when it's like what, 2+years since the game release? Ritualist would have been cool and probably fairly unique. I guess in a way the stuff they've done with the Necro specialization is kinda close.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Seem they are more open to that since they took over publishing now and NCSOFT took a seat back.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm

I am holding out hope that Elona is next - with Kralkatorrik, Palawa Joko and his undead armies, the remnants of the Sunspears. I really thought that is where they were going to go, I know somewhere out in the world you can overhear Pact NPCs talking about how they thought they were going for Kralkatorrik next. Plus you have the gate next to Ebonhawke that is the road that leads down to the Crystal Desert.

Ah well, maybe 3 years from now when they get around to the next expansion.

Caliane

Seem they are more open to that since they took over publishing now and NCSOFT took a seat back.
I wonder about the timing.
wildstar went FTP Sept 29th.
Now, GW2 expac is going live in 8 days, so Oct 23rd.
1 month apart? whose idea was this?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
5 100's in WoW and it was time for a new world. Picked this back up to play with a few friends casually.

I think the game is gorgeous. I also think their UI could use some help. Just seems confusing at times.

So, I can already see why I quit at 80 before. We did a guild challenge and we were running around as dogs, barking to reveal traps, and jumping. I felt like I was in a goddamn tumblr otherkin simulator. The one thing I didn't feel was "challenged."

I'm sticking it out to see the new expac and level out a necro and revenant, but that challenge and the second one we did that was just a free-for-all melee left an odd, almost Carebear-esque, taste in my mouth.

I'm see the design behind the combo fields, stacking them, and using finishers. It's just the little 2-5s durations of things feel fucking weird and spammy/inconsequential.

Oh well, I heard the living story was amazing so bought s2 on sale. Maybe run some dungeons this weekend.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Start doing fractals with randoms if you want a challenge, sometimes you'll get your shit pushed in.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
5 100's in WoW and it was time for a new world. Picked this back up to play with a few friends casually.

I think the game is gorgeous. I also think their UI could use some help. Just seems confusing at times.

So, I can already see why I quit at 80 before. We did a guild challenge and we were running around as dogs, barking to reveal traps, and jumping. I felt like I was in a goddamn tumblr otherkin simulator. The one thing I didn't feel was "challenged."

I'm sticking it out to see the new expac and level out a necro and revenant, but that challenge and the second one we did that was just a free-for-all melee left an odd, almost Carebear-esque, taste in my mouth.

I'm see the design behind the combo fields, stacking them, and using finishers. It's just the little 2-5s durations of things feel fucking weird and spammy/inconsequential.

Oh well, I heard the living story was amazing so bought s2 on sale. Maybe run some dungeons this weekend.
You are pretty much spot on. Enjoy the exploration and the world, the rest isn't as good.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If you have 3 good players you can carry the other two, unless they just flat out die.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I do love the new combat camera. Why does it scream that the game comming to PS4 and Xbox one soon to me.

Takyan

Trakanon Raider
I have a question as I just started with the game. Where does one go to look for guilds. I see the spammy ones in chat, but I am looking for a father friendly PvX guild. They don't seem to have forums for servers so I have no idea how people are communicating on the servers.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Servers are meaningless unless you're looking for WvW which you probably don't. So you can join any guild you want and play with them, your home server only comes into play when you want to do WvW with a specific group of people.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Some server like mine have a community forum. Your server importance is really linked to wvw. If you are curious about wvw chose a middle pack server so you can play and have people with you.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
HoT release today. Pretty smooth release so far.

7 000 000 accounts info is kinda meh since it probably count inactive but 2 000 000 map completion is kinda impressive. I did it once and might never redo it :p

gw2_infographic_10-20-15__en_.jpg