Guild Wars 2

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I went ahead an impulsed purchased HoT. Sigh. Honestly I get my money back given it is free to play but $99 is still $99.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Way to vote with your wallet.
Guilty too. :/

This game is fun to explore. I have a feeling I'll regret this purchase. I'm so casual that I don't really keep up with the meta, but I guess guardians suck now? My only 80.

Still better than the SW Battlefront purchase I almost made.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
HoT release today. Pretty smooth release so far.

7 000 000 accounts info is kinda meh since it probably count inactive but 2 000 000 map completion is kinda impressive. I did it once and might never redo it :p

gw2_infographic_10-20-15__en_.jpg
2m is a lot for sure. In my guild there are a few guys that did map a dozen times each (to do the legendary weapons), but the norm is 0 or 1. One of these guys managed to get all the legendaries in game (quest + precursors, not bought), I believe his life is online and only goes afk for biological reasons at this point
biggrin.png

Caliane

The new jumppad system to help make bank-tp walk faster is very silly.

Drives me nuts in Mmo's designers do not think of or consider player movement. First, in creation, then secondly, as time goes by. comfort paths.
If players keep jumping off a ledge on a map, because its that fastest path. during some update, add a ramp to that location.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I guess I'll jump in in a month or so, depends if they start releasing updates that you have to log in to get or pay up :p

Caliane

oh, just noticed log in now shows a characters professions. leatherworking, etc.
GG expac of all time. 10/10 might buy... in a few months. maybe.

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
I am liking it so far. I played pretty hard for a year and half, but then life took me away from gaming. Trying to get a buddy to play again but all he says is that there is no power progression of his character once you grab 80 gear and won't bother. For me that feels true of any mmorpg, but he finds eq1/eq2/Destiny to be vastly different for him. /Shrug I have always been in it for cool looking gear, killing cool monsters, and the social side. Never really cared about stats much, but I am probably in the minority. Either way, loving the new class so far!....Just need to decide if I am going to PL him with all birthday stuff I have or play naturally.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
2 000 000 map completion is kinda impressive. I did it once and might never redo it :p
Didn't complete it. That jump point in the SW of the central WvW map was a major pain, and after an hour or so of falling every time on the same two-three beams of wood, I said "enough".

Of course, they removed it from full map criteria now, since the map is gone (and they're probably going to change WvW maps in the future).

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Obsidian Sanctum is gone ? Damn, that was like the only hard jumping puzzle besides the holiday ones.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bleh, I got the expansion and played it a bit. if you loved Guild wars 2 then you will love this. If you got bored after 80 then once you finish the new content you will get bored again fast. After something like blade and soul's combat this is just plodding unfun button mashing. It is still amazing looking, like art moving across the screen but lack of movement options kinda clunky animations and horrible boring fights.

I will work through the story than be done again. I think I am getting too old for this shit.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
From what little I've read it seems Arenanet still doesn't know shit about class design/balance.
Dunno, they can have moments of sheer brilliance, like Dervishes or Assasins in GW1 and Mesmers in both games (arguably).

Then they can make some changes that absolutely bulldoze any chance of fun just to make stuff fit their internal metrics. IWAY in GW1 is a nice example, the Ele bug that let you jump forward as a spark in GW2 is another. Yes, it was a bug, but everybody loved it. Dungeon rewards got nerfed into the ground, without any consideration of how often they were done, meaning good luck finding an LFG group for anything now or their "economy adjustments" that turned cloth into gold while leaving leather completely useless. They also have a problem with character skills having to support all of the PvE/WvW content - solo, 5man, 10man and public events, which makes the characters feel rather underwhelming in my opinion. No big numbers, everything scales similarly ...

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
It's pretty disappointing to have to complete nearly the entirety of expansion content before you can even use the new elite specs. What dumb shit thought this was a good idea?