H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Around 2:51, Smed mentions Emergent AI for zombies, the same AI tech they alluded to for EQN/Landmark.

Storybricks? Guess we'll finally see it in action soon.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Listened to it again more closely.

The Zombie AI will be the first we see of Emergent AI SOE talks about (Storybricks?), and will also be used for Landmark/EQN.

I'm glad to see Smedlee just say fuck it and start wearing a moomoo. Brave choice, sir. /salute. I look forward to EQ next: zombies.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks cool. Has the potential to make them some serious $$.. Guy interviewing was pretty annoying tho.

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
Looks promising if they can keep game breaking microtransactions out of the picture.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm really glad their new model is f2p, looks like something i'd fuck around with for a few hours but not wanna pay a sub or box fee even, being a cheap bastard

i mean honestly it just screams DayZ clone, but pay us lots of $$$ instead

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not anything I would want to pay a sub for but like $30 for a key? Yea sure. I bought rust and enjoyed it for a while.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Looks like SOE is gonna be getting all my monies... just don't fuck it up, Smed.

P.S. - Why is pitch black darkness in H1Z1 a 'feature' but in EQNext it's 'denial of service'? Oh that's right... keep Butler off camera because he is so full of shit it hurts.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
This actually looks good. SOE has really been stepping it up lately.
As a current PS2 subscriber I'm content, but their track record with PS2 since launch 18 months ago isn't making me jump for joy over this game. PS2 isn't bad, but it is suffering a death from a thousand cuts. Sometimes C4 doesn't blow up; engineer turret hitboxes have been screwed up for a year; AV turrets can hit vehicles but they don't even render for the vehicles, allowing no retaliation (broken for 6+ months), lock-ons are OP then nerfed and suck, every balance pass takes things waaaaay too far(very few things are balanced, they're either overbuffed or overnerfed...see current Liberator and the old Harasser). FPS drops for many people after every patch they add, random crashes, stuttering/hangups, hit detection got messed up about a month ago. Oh, and a bug made it onto the live servers where you can become invincible, and you had to relog to fix it...you can imagine how people felt when one enemy soldier would knife his way through entire platoons.

PS2 population is (very) slowly dwindling; nobody is experiencing all of these problems, but each person has 2-3 little persistent problems that interfere with their experience in some way and these things are keeping PS2 from being a great game. (I should note I loved Planetside since beta, and that has transferred over to PS2, so depending on your POV I'm either being too hard or too soft on the game).

Edit: How this concerns H1Z1 is that SOE's philosophy/design decisions, if PS2 is any indication, would make it an average, playable game that stumbles due to its own flaws.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
A persistent world is really sounds like a game changer for the zombie survival genre. Even if there's not permadeath (and I'd bet that would be a ruleset on at least one of the servers), it does mean you have a lot more to work for, which means even more to risk. The idea of having an economy in this game alone excites me. Though, they could've come up with a name that was less of a mouthful.

Around 2:51, Smed mentions Emergent AI for zombies, the same AI tech they alluded to for EQN/Landmark.
I was sort of hoping people could play as zombies in this one. It'd add an interesting twist to dying to other zombies, but perhaps that's just me waxing nostalgic for the days of Project M.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
We (as in the current iteration of gamers) need more transparency from large developers similar to the trend that SOE has set with their continued communication. Trion following suit and dropping the NDA so quickly on the ArcheAge alpha was a great followup.

This new project H1Z1 looks quite promising but I have to wonder what sort of resources they plan to tie up between this, Landmark, and EQ:Next coupled with continued support on PS2? I don't know enough about the SOE infrastructure or personnel to ascertain if things will end up anemic in areas due to folks being stretched too thin but if they can keep this pace up, I think the MMO future looks very exciting.

Rime

<Donor>
I was sort of hoping people could play as zombies in this one. It'd add an interesting twist to dying to other zombies, but perhaps that's just me waxing nostalgic for the days of Project M.
I would love a game like this.

Project M and the Plague Event in WoW that led up to the Wrath Launch were some of the most fun I have ever had in an MMO.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I really enjoy DayZ so this may be a home run. I guess it comes down to SoE's decision making (which hasn't been bad as of late) and how the microtransacations impact the game.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Some quick updates

-Early Access will be $20 on Steam supposedly in 4-6 weeks (smedtimelol). The GTL video preview said the h1z1 debut was suppose to happen in February, and its almost mid april now /shrug
-When you die your items remain on your corpse
-There are no levels or skills
-There is a live gameplay stream planned for Monday april 14th, dunno what time yet
-Game is built off of Planetside 2, I guess this means no voxels?
-Different servers will have very different rule sets.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Some quick updates

-Early Access will be $20 on Steam supposedly in 4-6 weeks (smedtimelol). The GTL video preview said the h1z1 debut was suppose to happen in February, and its almost mid april now /shrug
Holy shit ! That's great news. I was thinking it was still wayyyy off.

Some quick updates
-There are no levels or skills
Damn that's disappointing. No skill points or builds ? Not sure how far the comparison to SWG can go in that case.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Damn that's disappointing. No skill points or builds ? Not sure how far the comparison to SWG can go in that case.
Yeah. Smed clarified in last nights stream he meant SWG's crafting and player towns.

Edit:
Smed doing adiscussiononH1Z1 subredditasking about monetization ideas.

1) This will be a F2P game (after early access). During early access it's going to cost $19.99 to play.

2) We are not interested in selling weapons. Weapons are only aquired by crafting or exploring and finding one. We are not selling power.

3) The game at it's core is about survival. Our preference is not to sell ANYTHING that can help with that.If this game is too hard for you play another one. We don't want to give shortcuts for our core mechanic.

4) Wearables - we DO see wearables as an obvious "heck yes" kind of thing. I think it's perfectly reasonable to have most wearables be purchaseable. Of course we will still have plenty to craft, find and wear for free.

5) We made this game because we love making games and entertaining our players is why we exist. That being said, we do need to make money. Your ideas are appreciated greatly but if we can avoid the "hey give us everything for free because you owe it to us since you're a big company and we should get free games" commentary it would help a lot.
He's reading and replying, so if you have any good ideas this is your chance!

Smed Highlights

We have discussed some type of simple advancement system in our Play as a Zombie mode. but that's down the line.

there will be horses

not like minecraft or landmark at all. closer to Planetside 2's terrain system plus a lot of modifications for destructability