H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its great you started following the game in the last 24 hours Diemess and are hoping on the bandwagon of reddit posters complaining to complain. But he's said that airdrops will be events and that will contain shit that people will want in it. Cosmetics are not something people would gather towards and fight over. That was said 8 months ago. Smed did a few streams talking about airdrops as KCXIV has pointed out, and mentioned military supplies could be found in them. And as KCXIV has said their verbiage needs to be clear that you'll never be able to purchase things direct into your inventory. But you can buy the server as a whole a chance at shit. You just get a slight upper hand at being close to the flare.

I know some folks hated airdrops in rust and wouldnt play on a server that had them enabled. Im sure as things progress there will be servers with a ruleset similar.

Air drops are not very pay to win either because once they happen they are going to be a huge draw for anybody in the area including unfriendlies to come and fight over what is in them. Its not like you buy one and it goes to your inventory you buy one the drop starts up and it gets all hunger games quickly.

One thing I would say is currently the air drops seem a bit fast. I think if they had a 5 minute warning or so it would be about right and a bit more randomized on distance from the summoner. That is all stuff that gets tweaked in alpha/beta.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I was kinda thinking that Air Drops could be as much as a death sentence as a benefit. I was kinda hoping they were going to be in the game for cash so I can beat the crap out of these snobby kids with mom/dad's American Express and take their Air Drop like their lunch money.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm not entire sure that I agree with other players being able to steal something you purchased with real money.

Seems like it would do more harm than good to a game.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I'm not entire sure that I agree with other players being able to steal something you purchased with real money.

Seems like it would do more harm than good to a game.
Disagree. People buy shit in Eve all the time with cash and, well, you know how things in Eve work. Of course you'll have some people furious that their $2.50 airdrop ended up in someone else's hands... but as a whole, I'm completely content with the: ("If you don't like it, don't buy it.") attitude. For both the game and any airdrops.

What harm were you envisioning?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Given the ruleset, intent, and theme people should know what they're getting into. It's fair game. I do feel if it is an appearance item or some other item that is strictly aesthetic, it should be bound to your character.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Disagree. People buy shit in Eve all the time with cash and, well, you know how things in Eve work. Of course you'll have some people furious that their $2.50 airdrop ended up in someone else's hands... but as a whole, I'm completely content with the: ("If you don't like it, don't buy it.") attitude. For both the game and any airdrops.

What harm were you envisioning?
I don't agree with using EVE as a comparison to H1Z1's model, in eve everything has cash value etc, as you said I know how that particular model there works.

It's more akin to buying a boost or $3 skin in league and having it stolen from your account. Valuation wise.

SOE's placing a fairly decent sized amount of power in the airdrop for a very marginal price tag, so I see the reason behind making it constestable. I don't think players would mind risking these crates if instead they were purchased with some kind of ingame currency.

Most versions of agreeable cash shop business models are win/win for Players and the Players they play against. This box is not win/win.

It's a fairly poor business decision in my opinion. Trion over at Archeage did this and it killed their game right out of the gate.

Adding Risk to the real money sale of power does not make the sale of power a win/win scenario. The sale of power in games is always a Lose/Lose for players. You either lose the box or lose the player base because items become worthless.

There would be no complaints if this box was earnable in some fashion in game.

Edit: It's early so don't hang me out to dry because I couldn't word this point better ;-D

Oldbased

> Than U
I can make a ton of shit, I have parts for 1.75 cars. I have hundreds of rounds of ammo, but I cannot figure out how the fuck to get 3rd person view to work. It says mouse button 4 but I only have 3 buttons on mine and center punch talks.

Arakkis

N00b
This is why the pay for early access model needs to go away. Glad I didn't buy into the hype here. I'm going to pass on this game.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

So basically, air drops arep paid events where the game rewards you with loot if you kill those airdrop zombies. Heh.

Oldbased

> Than U
This is why the pay for early access model needs to go away. Glad I didn't buy into the hype here. I'm going to pass on this game.
Which part? The 3rd person bug for me is annoying ya.
The air drops are not a issue and will really not be a issue after they fix them dropping so near today.
I'm willing to bet more people pay for Air Drops to murder people than to obtain loots.

They fixed the login issues, but being in queue on some servers crashes instead of logging in , that will be fixed today.

My only complaint so far is today compared to last night the lag of doing things is 3-4 seconds and that is unacceptable. I feel as though I already had my $20 worth though as I've had more fun in 6 hours of playing than I did 6 weeks of Archeage.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I like your enthusiasm Olebass, however, I'm going to have to agree with Arakkis on this one.

I kind of want to tell this thread "I told you so" however I never expected SOE to fuck it up as bad as it is right now. I'm kind of surprised actually.

Oldbased

> Than U
I like your enthusiasm Olebass, however, I'm going to have to agree with Arakkis on this one.
Ya I guess it comes down to what people have for expectations and reality in game compared to a sub reddit.
I had little expectations other than I WANTED to try it because honestly, I haven't been playing anything other than some tank sims for the majority of 2 years. I tried AA and some others and just was sick of the same old thing.
I hadn't played anything SoE in the better part of a decade for a reason, I was sick of their shit too, but I knew it would at least be better than Day Z and some of the screwed up shit on steam like Miscreated.

The airdrop thing I get upset about because most people are reacting without seeing how it works themselves. Even in that video above you don't see what he gets, and 2 noobs showed up to loot it before he did anyways. After a few days/weeks of playing a Air Drop will be fodder for anyone, people will know to just kill everyone and in this game so far for me, stuff like salt, lighters, cloth is much more valuable than a weapon, because you can find those pretty easy as it is. You can blow through 60 AR15 rounds on just 2 people right now, especially with the accuracy/lag right now, then what are you going to do. That thing is loud as hell, if every player in .5 miles doesn't come and kill you, all the wildlife/z's will.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider

I kind of want to tell this thread "I told you so" however I never expected SOE to fuck it up as bad as it is right now. I'm kind of surprised actually.
I honestly don't see how you can judge the game so harshly based on less than 24 hour of EA? You pay for EA hopefully knowing what you're getting in to. Heck most of the MMO's I have played without EA has been miserable on day 1. Yeah, EA is stupid but I do it depending on the game. I wanted this one just to see another perspective of this genre. I had very little expectations and I didn't even try to log on as we've all seen this before. Surely people knew what this would be like.

If I want it, I get it and I don't judge until 30 days later and then at the 90 day mark. If I get 90 days for $20 of entertainment, i'm good. If the game is miserable and I do not get 1 week of enjoyment at that point I may be a little upset and hesitant with my next purchase.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Well I appreciate you guys fighting through the lines to get to this one early. Saves the rest of us the hassle to be honest. Helps the rest of us that are keeping SOE at a restraining order distance make a more educated purchase later on.

I'm trying to drum up interest in my immediate friends group on this one (I usually base my purchase decision off of this method) but most of them are pretty turned off after watching others play it.

Oldbased

> Than U
Well I appreciate you guys fighting through the lines to get to this one early. Saves the rest of us the hassle to be honest. Helps the rest of us that are keeping SOE at a restraining order distance make a more educated purchase later on.

I'm trying to drum up interest in my immediate friends group on this one (I usually base my purchase decision off of this method) but most of them are pretty turned off after watching others play it.
It is a lot more fun at least for me than it was watching streams. I hooked up with some guys earlier streaming and that aspect is better than being alone. You really need 1 person with you in this game to do much and have a chance. Anymore it is just to many resources to keep everyone fed, healed and hydrated. Any less well you know.

It would be pretty hard to play with a buddy from outside the game though at this point. Between queues and not knowing where you are, or they are it would take up to hours to meet up. That part is a bummer right now as I have a few guys I would love to play with but it isn't worth the time/hassle to spend all night figuring out where I am then figuring out where they are and meeting up all while trying to stay alive.

I just want to keep it real in this thread. I will address the good and bads and the misinformation.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
What are some of the advertises pieces not in the game at this time?

First impression... how do you compare it to DayZ and Rust?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was kinda thinking that Air Drops could be as much as a death sentence as a benefit. I was kinda hoping they were going to be in the game for cash so I can beat the crap out of these snobby kids with mom/dad's American Express and take their Air Drop like their lunch money.
There is that unless you are playing on a carebear server having all that fancy stuff mostly just paints a crosshair on you so the local gangs hunt you down to get your stuff. One nice thing in a game like this if somebody has a fancy gun you want killing them and stealing it is always an option.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
yea I dunno, I have very minimal experience with this genre but I'm sure the airdrops can be tweaked into a good system. I think a lot of idiots on reddit have no idea how important monetization is to a game and tend to downplay its importance. And sure, people are pretty quick to throw out the: ("Why cant' I just buy a box?") argument but honestly that business model isn't suitable anymore to the expectations we have for online games. There is no fucking way Riot would have been able to do all they have done and are doing (building a Tier 2 ISP across the country!!!?) with a flat box cost.

To Vitality, I guess I see no distinction whatsoever between someone stealing my $2.50 airdrop or stealing my "took x game hours to accumulate" loot. I know some people do, though. My thoughts on this are: if I spent 10 fucking hours farming up some gear I'll be a little salty when it all gets boosted, similar to if I spent 10x my hourly rate on buying some shit ingame. Obviously my discretionary funds don't allow for extravagance of that sort, but do you get what I'm saying? As a side note, I think personal skill + the crew you roll with matter WAY more for a game like this than buying some gear. I can't really imagine giving a shit if I was playing with friends; oh, that other crew has some sweet loot? lets go take it.

edit: Plus, I have heard my DayZ fantatic friends bitch endlessly about stale server dynamics on Epoch in which people never leave their base and turtling is lame as shit. The game NEEDS something to serve as a catalyst for "emergent gameplay" (CCP term).

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
I can make a ton of shit, I have parts for 1.75 cars. I have hundreds of rounds of ammo, but I cannot figure out how the fuck to get 3rd person view to work. It says mouse button 4 but I only have 3 buttons on mine and center punch talks.
Are you on a 1st person view only server? If I remember right, the T key puts you in 3rd person view also.

Oldbased

> Than U
Are you on a 1st person view only server? If I remember right, the T key puts you in 3rd person view also.
I saw the T in the config for other settings( air and other assorted things we don't have yet ) so was planning to try that later. It appears others had the same issue though for on the twitter dev tracker I found several comments about it.
No I wasn't on 1st person only though. I really only want the 3rd person when at the campfire cooking and getting water boiled, those damn things attract everything.