H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've been playing solo and had a decent amount of fun abusing the sit/auto run bug to run down roads singing awful karaoke over mic before being murdered/murdering people who try to stick me with arrows. The thing that is killing the game for me is also the hackers - three servers, four hackers over the 9~ days I've played the game. Each one of them just teleported to me and killed me, one of which I killed with an axe after he teleported next to me and a guy who had been trying to run me over with a cop car(he killed the fellow who had been driving the car instead of me). The victory was short lived since someone teleported beside me in a building while I was recovering from the rush and killed me with a spear while yelling at me in russian on mic.

Oldbased

> Than U
I've been playing solo and had a decent amount of fun abusing the sit/auto run bug to run down roads singing awful karaoke over mic before being murdered/murdering people who try to stick me with arrows. The thing that is killing the game for me is also the hackers - three servers, four hackers over the 9~ days I've played the game. Each one of them just teleported to me and killed me, one of which I killed with an axe after he teleported next to me and a guy who had been trying to run me over with a cop car(he killed the fellow who had been driving the car instead of me). The victory was short lived since someone teleported beside me in a building while I was recovering from the rush and killed me with a spear while yelling at me in russian on mic.
It is kind of fucked up that most of the cheaters I've encountered was Russian/Chinese as well. Only had a few that spoke English at all.
You know by now they got to be sitting on a massive list of people to ban, the question is when.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
It is kind of fucked up that most of the cheaters I've encountered was Russian/Chinese as well. Only had a few that spoke English at all.
You know by now they got to be sitting on a massive list of people to ban, the question is when.
at this point they have to just be collecting data in order to auto detect that kind of shit. I know one of the dev's said their anti hacking system isnt even turned on yet. I guess this is part of alpha too. lol

Dyvim

When they get rid of 200 players limit on dem server we can, unless then you may propose to get whatever betafield abomination moved to the MMO section as well.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
200 players per persistent server is more than just a standard BF/COD multiplayer game. It may not be your definition of a MMO and the poll says that 52% think it should be in a MMO forum so it shouldn't have its title saying it is not a MMO.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Massivelymultiplayer online game.

Now lets discuss what massive means in terms of players. Players on each server? Players in total across all servers? and then we can determine if this qualifies.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Co-op would be what, 2-8 on the same team? Regular multiplayer somewhere between 2-40? Then a grey area where I'd say less than 128 players that could be played on a LAN is not an MMO.

128 or more in the same persistent world is an MMO. Old games that can support that amount but don't reach are officially a "dying game"

Xevy

Log Wizard
I wonder if this game will ever have 'grouping' or 'guilding'. It makes it a lot more fun, but would also almost entirely defeat the point. I honestly just want to be able to see people in my "group's" nameplates constantly so I don't fucking shotgun them. Especially when there's a gaggle of people looting loot bags and you don't know which to headshot.

Dyvim

Persistant online worlds with server supporting 200 players werent considered massive in 1997, i dont know why it should be 18 years later down the road.
That or just another Murtaugh.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sadly, two decades later doesn't mean better when games struggle to handle 100 in the same zone, let alone your immediate area. Instead of learning how to handle "massive" they copped out with instancing, phasing, and more split servers.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
The server population cap is only there to keep a certain density of players based of the current map size. The map is size is going to grow and so will the server population cap.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The server population cap is only there to keep a certain density of players based of the current map size. The map is size is going to grow and so will the server population cap.
Unless the change of ownership does something drastic, I doubt it. They've always had horrible database work and shitty server performance on every game they've made. More people will just mean worse performance. I mean they can't even put in a decent amount of zombies/wildlife.

Needless

Toe Sucker
How the shit do people actually meet up? i downloaded this yesterday and ran around for like an hour before i found somebody and got MLG no scoped by a makeshift bow. (i had like 20 health from zombies and wolves lol)

Bitch must have been jelly of my biker helmet and badass backpack i found.

It's so hard to find civilization lol

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
lol its hard to actually find someone out in the open that wont shoot at you first and ask questions later, best bet is getting on voice comms, and meeting up at a central location, I think I found a few people on dayz SA that didn't shoot first but its hard to be social in this game lol.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I was crying from laughing so hard at some guy on the mic named FreeBerries talking in a really high pitched voice gathering people around and sharing his mass stack of berries and telling stories.

Then some asshole comes in and pops him in the head with an arrow, the sounds he made when he died had my laughing so hard. Jesus christ

Xevy

Log Wizard
I found a dude named FirstPersonLegolas who just ran around bowing people. We fought, then a bear chased him, then I found him again, then we bro'd out until gunners murdered us.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
HAD A NEW CREW GOING, 6 OF US, we get to cranberry. we split up into 2 groups of 3. doing some searches, then run into a group of 5 all with guns, It didnt last long. haha