H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

Since the weekend I've been able to effectively get admin/god mode working. I can spawn any item, teleport around, etc. I can't technically insta-kill with a command, but teleporting behind people and blasting them is basically the same thing. No bans yet for me, I don't know what exactly they're monitoring to detect hackers, but most of the detection appears to be client-side right now. Should be an easy distance check for teleportation. Like people are saying, maybe it's not turned on yet. Fun game but for now I'm done playing, not much left to do besides harass people and it's not really a game I can sell stuff on.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Unless the change of ownership does something drastic, I doubt it. They've always had horrible database work and shitty server performance on every game they've made. More people will just mean worse performance. I mean they can't even put in a decent amount of zombies/wildlife.
LOL, go play some Planetside 2. Same engine and we have nightly battles of hundreds vs hundreds vehicles, jets, etc... Matter of fact they just broke the record of the largest online battle.

PlanetSide 2 Sets World Record For Most Online Players in Single FPS Battle - IGN

So I don't know WTF youre taking about. Maybe because the fucking game is early access and not finished?

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
You are still able to do this stuff as of today's patch?
the teleporting he can do, i just had it done to me, some dude named Itsbaer. I almost had him dead, then he ran out of the house and teleported around and then teleported ehind me and killed me.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_89816.jpg

Came across a police car with a huge stash in the trunk, think it was this guy's and he parked it out of the way - he couldn't attack me in it so he blew it up - thinking with that name he was probably a hacker that figured he could ESP his way to the same stuff.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
LOL, go play some Planetside 2. Same engine and we have nightly battles of hundreds vs hundreds vehicles, jets, etc... Matter of fact they just broke the record of the largest online battle.

PlanetSide 2 Sets World Record For Most Online Players in Single FPS Battle - IGN

So I don't know WTF youre taking about. Maybe because the fucking game is early access and not finished?
Because you have that many people there does not mean it is performing well. PS2 always had a ton of problems with people not rendering in big battles with a lot less people than that.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Is Jump a server side action? It really feels like it, and it makes jumping a pain in the dick. I was trying to get on a rough but the fucking jump lag makes in damn near impossible. How the fuck is that not a client side action

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds like they are trying to do some changes to prevent some of the hacks that folks were reporting.

nate_sl

shitlord
Sounds like they are trying to do some changes to prevent some of the hacks that folks were reporting.
They need to do something pretty quickly. I accept this is "alpha," but people are still playing and judging the game. Rampant hacking is the biggest threat to this game's future. People will tolerate balance issues, broken loot, not yet implemented mechanics, etc. But when you have 2 or 3 people per server killing everyone and taking all their shit without threat of recourse, it will sour people to the point of no return and keep potential buyers on the sidelines.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
They can call it anything they want. If you are taking peoples money, you have launched a product.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Played all day yesterday and didn't see a single hacker. The cheat detect is on but bans are only going out to reported players to test and trouble shoot false positives. Remember archeage when you would get banned just for making a character? Yeah, they are doing it the right way.

If you're playing solo, you're not going to have fun for long. Best times I've had was with 2 others from the forums rolling into pleasant valley in a truck, gunning down everyone around to do a letter quest and gtfo without a death.

My suggestion is to change how you're playing if you're not having fun. If hackers are a problem, goto a different server or stash anything you don't want to die with. Stay away from pleasant valley, the police station is a hotbed for them. In time the auto detect will be working and using auto bans and this will be a distant memory.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Quest? this game actually has a purpose other than shooting strangers in the face?
Letters drop randomly from zombies and in crates, you take em to its designated "loot stash" and it's the equivalent of an airdrop, good shit, like shotguns, ARs, bullets etc. It's pretty fun, since they are in highly contested areas, so it's quite dangerous.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
They need to do something pretty quickly. I accept this is "alpha," but people are still playing and judging the game. Rampant hacking is the biggest threat to this game's future. People will tolerate balance issues, broken loot, not yet implemented mechanics, etc. But when you have 2 or 3 people per server killing everyone and taking all their shit without threat of recourse, it will sour people to the point of no return and keep potential buyers on the sidelines.
this is what has kept me from giving them my money, it ruined dayZ SA for me.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Letters drop randomly from zombies and in crates, you take em to its designated "loot stash" and it's the equivalent of an airdrop, good shit, like shotguns, ARs, bullets etc. It's pretty fun, since they are in highly contested areas, so it's quite dangerous.
Oh neat. Thats nice that theres some incentive lol

I tried playing on a PVE server last night but it's so boring... theres virtually no threat of dying so it gets boring really fast :\ Yet on a PVP server you die so fast while playing solo it gets boring having to restart over and over again. Mehhh

It's funny as shit sometimes, like i was exploring around some place and started running across a bridge.. next thing i notice 3 guys with ARs come out from behind a van, and point at me.. i turn around and somehow a fucking bear is there, so i'm left with the option of running to them and getting blasted.. or running from the bear.

Obviously choosing the bear, they just follow me and watch the bear eventually catch up and maul me down lmao

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
No matter what this genre is just going to have assholes. Even with the massive ammo reduction Ive still died over and over to tards blasting away at fresh spawns last night.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Online PC gaming is littered with this shit. I don't mind the game mechanics but the blatant hacking is souring me to gaming online with my PC. Master race is turning into a ghetto.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Honestly I wish people would go after these sites that are releasing hacks to the public, when you think of the money spent by companies developing anti cheats and sometimes completely destroying their playerbase due to hacking i would think they would have a leg to stand on legally to shut them down.