H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand the pvp draw in these games. I never played DayZ but did give Nether a try, and it was neat scavenging and fighting NPCs to actually unlock upgrades on my character, but after doing that for an hour I'd just get sniped by some guy hiding in the grass, or behind a buggy texture (ALL these games have random textures you can hide in :p), then... I get to start over, lost my stats, character and items. So pointless.

I could pick the 'carebear' server, but is there enough PvE in this game to keep people interested? Looking at the zombies in that air drop video makes it look like an intern programmed it. Blech
Nether was a shit game that was nothing more than vaporware, wasted my money on that Shit.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Why the fuck are you all buying this early access bollocks. Didn't you learn your lesson from DayZ and like...99% of early access games in general? Y'all are smarter than this.
Yeah, it never ceases to amaze me that the same gamers who grew up on EQ are willing to shell out cash to beta test and help develop games for companies. Literally, they are paying companies to be employees of said company. It's ludicrous.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yeah, it never ceases to amaze me that the same gamers who grew up on EQ are willing to shell out cash to beta test and help develop games for companies. Literally, they are paying companies to be employees of said company. It's ludicrous.
Well I mean interns work at companies for free or the cost of admission which is travel expenditure.

I guess that makes these guys interns then?

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
From Smed/reddit, in case anyone missed it:

1) You cannot call in airdrops until the servers are 1/4 full.
2) You can't call in airdrops without generating a ton of zombie heat.
3) the airdrops are random in what they deliver.
4) you are not guaranteed to get a single thing out of the airdrop you called in. You could die trying and you're out the money.
5) We fly the plane in very slowly and loudly.. we also stream green smoke from it you can see from very far away.

This is all I'm going to say on the subject. We've been straight about it. We've called attention to it publicly and it's something we've decided we want in the game. It makes it more fun. It can shake things up. Please don't judge based on knee jerk reactions. Try it. Or watch more streams with people doing it.

Now with all that being said - we're going to be making some big changes to them in the next day or so.

1) Dramatically widening the radius they come in - it's too small from what we're observing.
2) Making sure the chance for guns is a much lower chance so they are much more rare.
3) Upping the minimum number of people on a server to even allow air drops. It's set at 50 right now and we're going to at least double it. We are serious about these being server events and contested.
4) Making the plane fly even slower.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Wanted to try this game, but holy shit, what the hell about these airdrops? Are they that bad?
There's pretty good streams on Twitch that show the gameplay. If you're a DayZ fan you'll probably enjoy the game. The airdrop stuff is just circlejerk rage that has probably peaked already because of refund offer.

Edit:
Nameplates issue is a legitimate gripe. They should work in some form of spotting similar to Planetside 2, where names only show up if you hit Q, and with cooldown/spam deterrent. I would imagine they'll address it once the servers stop burning and the airdrop rage is quells a bit.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Two legit problems for the game.

Nameplates as interslayer stated. And using lowest graphics is the way to play due to some of the cover being removed.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Two legit problems for the game.

Nameplates as interslayer stated. And using lowest graphics is the way to play due to some of the cover being removed.
Smed on Nameplates @ reddit
We'll discuss as a team. This isn't a religious issue with us. If people really don't want them it's no skin off our back. I personally don't mind it, but I can see a lot of people do.
I should add - I DO like the idea of seeing my friends nameplates. when we add grouping in eventually that would be something I would prefer personally.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
rrr_img_88057.jpg

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Game is rough, but there is a lot of potential. The itemization is weak, as if barely implemented. The bugs are numerous and immersion breaking. The hunger/thirst needs adjustment. Also, where is the smart A.I.?

I love that some servers are first-person only.

I'm having fun, but the dev team have thier work cut out for them...

P.S. I dont give a rat's ass about the air drops supposedly being pay2win. The system Smed detailed sounds good.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Interesting tidbit:
Event Tickets / Event Servers - We have many different types of servers that you can play on. One type (Event Servers) requires an Event Ticket which can be purchased for roughly 100SC ($1). At the start we have Player Unknown's Battle Royale servers that you can play on. This is an awesome Last Man Standing kind of game that we think you'll really enjoy. You don't need to buy the tickets.. you will earn them simply by playing H1Z1. If you like it and want to play that more, you can buy them. If you get good at it, we give you additional tickets for being near the top of the leaderboard after the end of a match.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Game is rough, but there is a lot of potential. The itemization is weak, as if barely implemented. The bugs are numerous and immersion breaking. The hunger/thirst needs adjustment. Also, where is the smart A.I.?

I love that some servers are first-person only.

I'm having fun, but the dev team have thier work cut out for them...

P.S. I dont give a rat's ass about the air drops supposedly being pay2win. The system Smed detailed sounds good.
I'd agree with all of this.