Halo Master Chief Collection coming to PC

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Oh no, I agree. 1 is 100% a good game just because of the story. The MP was awesome because besides Goldeneye/Perfect Dark there wasn't anything like it at the time, but it's balance was definitely lacking.

I still remember not even knowing what Halo was when we got an Xbox for Christmas. My brothers and I booted that thing up and it was probably the most in-awe experience of my gaming life since original EQ. I remember looking up and seeing the ring wrap around and understanding I was on the inside of a giant fucking structure and could see across the world, so to speak, by just looking up. Mindblowing. The story was fine, the music was amazing, but the Campaign was really, really well done. I've gone back and played it when the MCC launched on XB1. Just dealing with fucking Hunters at certain times and shotgunning flood except for poppers. Great stuff.

Halo 2 actually had a legit campaign with the Arbiter (Keith fucking DAVID) and their soundtrack done by Incubus (lul). The last level of Halo 2 was probably the most fun driving around while everything just explodes around/under you. The song "Follow" they wrote was pretty good for a video game song too.

Obviously nothing beats the original Halo song. Amazing.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Just beat Halo: Reach on a solo Legendary run, it was filled with high highs and frustrating lows. Over all I feel the gameplay holds up fairly well even with its quirks.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
My buddy has been trying to get me to get this, I have been resisting because I'm not really big on Halo tbh, so to force my hand he buys it for me for Christmas so we can play co-op.

Whatever fucked up P2P implementation they have going on is total dogshit garbage. If he hosts I get almost a half second of input lag, and if I host he is lagged to shit. I mean, there's no way we can willingly complete the campaign, it's that painful to play.

Searched around and saw some posts on reddit that it's pretty much just the way it is and nothing the devs can really do to fix it. It's hard to believe that co-op is pretty much just unplayable for most people.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
This week someone beat Halo 2 LASO (Legendary All Skulls On) run without dying.

Difficulty-affecting Skulls
  • AI can detect you easier, more accurate, and avoid friendly fire.
  • AI throws more plasma grenades and drops two when killed.
  • Enemies are upgraded to their elite versions.
  • Your HUD and weapon is invisible
  • All enemies are invisible.
  • All enemies have double health and shields
  • Dropped weapons have half ammo
  • Enemies fire weapons faster and more often.
  • AI will not flinch from attacks
  • Shields do not recharge unless you melee (without the Energy Sword)
  • Dying restarts the entire level

This explains in detail what it is and why it is so hard.

Here is the run the that was completed this week.