Hamilton (2020)

Qhue

Trump's Staff
1.88 star(s) Rating: 1.88/5 8 Votes
Title: Hamilton (2020)

Tagline: An American Musical

Genre: Music, Drama, History

Director: Thomas Kail

Cast: Leslie Odom Jr., Renée Elise Goldsberry, Phillipa Soo, Daveed Diggs, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Christopher Jackson, Jasmine Cephas Jones, Okieriete Onaodowan, Anthony Ramos, Jonathan Groff, Carleigh Bettiol, Ariana DeBose, Hope Easterbrook, Sydney James Harcourt, Sasha Hutchings, Thayne Jasperson, Elizabeth Judd, Jon Rua, Austin Smith, Seth Stewart, Ephraim Sykes

Release: 2020-07-03

Runtime: 160

Plot: An unforgettable cinematic stage performance, the filmed version of the original Broadway production of “Hamilton” combines the best elements of live theater, film and streaming to bring the cultural phenomenon to homes around the world for a thrilling, once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Finally got a chance to see this now that its on Disney+ (fuck you ticket lottery while the original cast was still around)

I can certainly see why they moved the release up, its quite timely.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Finally got a chance to see this now that its on Disney+ (fuck you ticket lottery while the original cast was still around)

I can certainly see why they moved the release up, its quite timely.

Is it a liberal circle jerk? I haven't been able to allow myself to be interested after what one of the leads did to Pence.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Is it a liberal circle jerk? I haven't been able to allow myself to be interested after what one of the leads did to Pence.
Of course its a liberal circle jerk, I mean its just a rewrite of history casting minorities as the main characters.

• 3Like
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Qhue is this movie's demo and he called it timely. That's really all you need to know.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I actually enjoy musicals and stuff and the soundtrack alone for this is fucking trash. That the tickets were thousands of dollars is so lul.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It is very cool that they filmed this while the original Broadway cast was intact. It makes the content accessible to people who would not otherwise get a chance to experience it.

PBS used to do this sort of thing with Great Performances, but not to this extent.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 2 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
It is very cool that they filmed this while the original Broadway cast was intact. It makes the content accessible to people who would not otherwise get a chance to experience it.

PBS used to do this sort of thing with Great Performances, but not to this extent.
04e.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 11 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Sorry can't watch this. It's culturally insensitive to white people by having pocs portray whites.

• 7Like
  • 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Cybsled

Only time I went to see a show on Broadway was when I got free tickets to Spam-a-lot. I love Monty Python, so free tickets made for an easy decision lol

I always wanted to see Avenue Q and Book of Mormon as well, but fuck paying 100s of dollars.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Only time I went to see a show on Broadway was when I got free tickets to Spam-a-lot. I love Monty Python, so free tickets made for an easy decision lol

I always wanted to see Avenue Q and Book of Mormon as well, but fuck paying 100s of dollars.
Avenue Q is great. Book of Mormon has standing room tickets you get right before the show for 25 bucks.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Dammit, when I saw the title of this thread I thought we were getting a biography of Linda Hamilton...

giphy.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database