Hand of Fate

Moebiwan

shitlord
Anyone tried this? Officially released yesterday for PC, PS4, and Xbone. Looks interesting, and it's gotten some good press, but if anyone here has it, how is it?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Had the early access for a while on the PC. It's fun. Somewhat simplistic combat, made hard at times by the amount of damage some mobs can do to you. It is similar to the Batman games mechanic. Attack, block, dodge. It is much slower though, and done in a sort of Hollywood like way where you will rarely be attacked by more than one enemy at a time. At max (that I have seen so far) you will be attacked by 1 melee, 1 ranged and 1 unblockable at once, where one dodge will most likely avoid all 3 at once. Only done half of the bosses in story mode, tried endless but died fast. You can have good / bad runs like any rogue lite.

Food is a very important resource, so unless you have an overabundance of it, pick it as every option on the cards that lets you pick rewards. I try to keep above 10+, especially since there are some cards in play early on that gives you rewards for giving away 5+ food.

Other than that, the armor of frost is good for the early levels as the above mentioned combat system becomes even easier with something that has a passive AOE slow.

Overall fun game, but I have only ever played it in short bursts.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Played for a couple hours last night. It was fun and seems to be worth the 20 bucks I paid for it. I bought it on PC and the controls are kind of odd. Some times change directions doesn't work well and there are certainly some animation locks which screw things up. Overall seemed good but I am only through the first 3 missions of the campaign or so.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Probably going to pick this up soon. Looks really fun!

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Saw Lirik playing it and I will pick it up. Definitely looks unique and fun, and some longevity too with the randomization.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I'm 3/4 of the way through the campaign now, still enjoying it 6 hours in. For endless mode my top score is in the mid 600's.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I watched a chill stream of this last night. Looked pretty cool but I'm not sure $25 cool. The only other card game I have played was Hearthstone which, again, was fun but I would not have paid that much. Thinking about buying it depending on comments here, especially if it goes on sale.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
It's not a card game like Hearthstone. You make the deck but honestly that isn't much more then what random encounters you will see and what gear you could potentially get. The game at it's is an RPG light dungeon crawler.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I did buy this over the weekend. I didn't do a lot of research into it before buying so I thought that the action sequences were just cut scenes. I didn't realize you had control over the protagonist.

I've played about halfway through the story mode. It can be brutal but I'd say it is easily worth the money if you're into crawlers.

Love the trash talk from the creepy dude.