Hap and Leonard

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Hap and Leonard

Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama

First aired: 2016-03-02

Creator: Jim Mickle, Nick Damici

Cast: James Purefoy, Michael Kenneth Williams

Overview: A darkly comic swamp noir story of two best friends set in the late 1980s. Based on the novels by Joe R. Lansdale, the series follows Hap Collins, an East Texas white boy with a weakness for Southern women, and Leonard Pine, a gay, black Vietnam vet with a hot temper.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 126967[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Hap and Leonard[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action & Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2016-03-02[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]A darkly comic swamp noir story of two best friends set in the late 1980s. Based on the novels by Joe R. Lansdale, the series follows Hap Collins, an East Texas white boy with a weakness for Southern women, and Leonard Pine, a gay, black Vietnam vet with a hot temper.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Just wondering if anyone else is watching this. Only saw the first episode so far and it looks good. It didn't suffer from the same first episode lameness that most series do. The only negative I had from the first episode was that they are hour long episodes. A series has to be pretty good to be worth hour long chunks of my time.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Almost the best shows have hour long episodes. Literally all the critically acclaimed shows are 45+ minutes long.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Hap and Leonard. Mark Antony+Omar pirvate investigators.

Posted a few days ago, seems to have slipped back a few pages; watched the first episode to, pretty good so far.
I completely missed that. Who are marc antony and omar? Are those the actors names or are you alluding to something else? Good to see they're going to wind up being private investigators. I was worried about how long they'd try to stretch out the search for the car. Hopefully this can take the place of psyche.

Alex, maybe all the 'critically acclaimed' shows are an hour long but that's a far cry from all hour long shows being worth the time to watch. Also, I give no fucks what critics say anyway.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Breaking Bad, The Wire, Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Black Sails, Fargo, Justified, Mr. Robot, Sherlock, The Americans, Billions. All great TV shows - some of which the best ever made. Too bad they're all too long to watch. Does your ADD self prefer bullshit like Big Bang Theory?

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Didn't realize that was a complete list of hour long shows. Guess i better check myself fore i reck myself.

Does your mild retardation prevent you from having interests outside of TV?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I completely missed that. Who are marc antony and omar? Are those the actors names or are you alluding to something else? Good to see they're going to wind up being private investigators. I was worried about how long they'd try to stretch out the search for the car. Hopefully this can take the place of psyche.

Alex, maybe all the 'critically acclaimed' shows are an hour long but that's a far cry from all hour long shows being worth the time to watch. Also, I give no fucks what critics say anyway.
They are characters these actors played in other shows. The white dude played Marc Antony in Rome (Probably don't need to explain). Black dude played Omar in The Wire (Omar was a guy who robs drug dealers--really amazing character). Both those shows, imo, fight for the number 1 spot of all time best TV show (With GoT and Sopranos). Seriously, if you're looking for really good TV; watch either one of those (I probably enjoy Rome a little more, its got a better balance per episode, while The Wire takes a half a season or so to really get cooking).

But seriously, Rome is amazing. Only 2 seasons, you should watch it. (And everyone will tell you to watch The Wire, too; so that goes without saying.)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Starting watching, news flash Christina Hendricks still has massive tits.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Marathoned through it last night. Pretty good overall and much weirder than I expected, but it gets really over the top towards the end. I'll definitely watch season 2 though.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
started this. good so far. Like dukes of hazzard meets longmire. possibly hell and high water, but have not seen that yet to confirm.

This needs an 80's mashup. dukes of hazzard intro, and a narrator.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm a sucker for Texas noire kind of stories. This was pretty good. I feel like the writers may have been trying to say something about the 80s and the innocence of the 60s, but the characterizations were just so subtle that it is hard to tell...

Yeah, I'm definitely down for a season 2.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was rough but towards the end you couldnt turn away. Was season 2 better of did it stay the same?

Season 1 is most definitely A show you play in the background.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Season 2 is coming soon. I think it was the end of april.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Season 2 is on Netflix. I really liked season 1. Christina Hendricks didn't hurt that none.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I missed recording the first couple of episodes because they changed the name, and I never watched season 2. Glad to know it's on netflix. I was planning to look for it eventually.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Season 3 was the best so far in my opinion. Show is just great. The ending is such a kick in the balls. I love noir.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database