Happy Chinese New Year ????

spronk

FPS noob
????

chinese-year-horse.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I live a few blocks from Chinatown and they've been setting off fireworks for almost 24 straight hours now.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
My research meeting was pushed back this morning and then we just took the day off. Two Americans, two Indians, five Chinese. It's been a good day.

spronk

FPS noob
chinese new year is probably the biggest global holiday, its the chinese equivalent of new years, thanksgiving, and christmas rolled into one single two week holiday. Its the largest human mass migration every year, as hundreds of millions of poor chinese take the trains from their urban jobs back to their small villages while rich chinese go abroad. pretty fascinating thing, although you'd think at this point the commie leaders would try and break it up into smaller holidays like christmas/NYE/kwanza so the entire countrys transportation infrastructure doesn't get stressed out all at once
BEIJING: Chinese New Year sends laborers home, rich abroad - World Wires - MiamiHerald.com

wifes relatives and friends have said that it used to be even more massive 10-15 years ago, but more and more people spend it at home now and its gotten cut down to 1 week from 2 weeks in a lot of places

Bo Jackson_sl

shitlord
I realize this is a terrible place to do this, but I have no where else to turn. Could anyone who speaks Chinese translate a few sentences for me? I tried google translate but it was out of context and I didn't quite understand what it meant but it's somewhat important to me. It would do me a huge favor. Sorry/Thank you. It's like 5 sentences, if I could PM someone that would be amazing.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I realize this is a terrible place to do this, but I have no where else to turn. Could anyone who speaks Chinese translate a few sentences for me? I tried google translate but it was out of context and I didn't quite understand what it meant but it's somewhat important to me. It would do me a huge favor. Sorry/Thank you. It's like 5 sentences, if I could PM someone that would be amazing.
This sounds like a good forum game. Pls PM these sentences to everyone in this thread, and post responses here.