Hard Sun

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Hard Sun

Genre: Crime, Drama

First aired: 2018-01-06

Creator: Neil Cross

Cast: Jim Sturgess, Agyness Deyn, Nikki Amuka-Bird, Derek Riddell, Jojo Macari, Varada Sethu, Owain Arthur, Aisling Bea, Richard Coyle

Overview: Two detectives with opposing viewpoints are partnered together five years before the Apocalypse.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
First episode out tonight, not sure if I like it or not. Time will tell but it's going to have to grow on me for sure.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
eROfMhluF1kxDHFS5wbPmjN2KvU.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Hard Sun[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2018-01-06[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Two detectives with opposing viewpoints are partnered together five years before the Apocalypse.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

spronk

FPS noob
I could download all six episodes (entire season) btw, must be up for streaming or whatever. sounds interesting, airs on BBC wonder if its based at all on gene wolf's book series (probably not?)

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I could download all six episodes (entire season) btw, must be up for streaming or whatever. sounds interesting, airs on BBC wonder if its based at all on gene wolf's book series (probably not?)
Yeah my downloader just picked them all up last night so I will watch a few more and see.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Enjoyed the first episode, although I think throwing all the personal stuff in the mix with the whole main "end of the world" scenario feels a bit messy. Can't people just deal with conspiracies and the end of the world without throwing in mysterious personal agendas and tragic backstories off the bat?

Also pretty sure American TV has ruined violence for me - when they break out those extendable batons and start whacking eachother I just sat there thinking "this would be so much more dramatic with guns."

Definitely going to at least check out the rest of the season though.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Watched this whole thing. The first episode sets up what should be a very exciting dramatic series... and then it becomes a procedural for the next 5 episodes mixed with some arc character building craziness of the highest order. I mean I'm fine with flawed characters but these people are just completely whacked beyond all belief.

Anywho the very end of the series opens up interesting possibilities, but the overall ratings and reaction to this has been so poor I doubt we will ever actually see it.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah the momentum dropped off hard after the first episode, I only watched the next 2 episodes or so. Don't spend enough time watching TV to want to waste it on filler BS these days.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database