Harry Potter Wizards Unite (aka harry potter pokemon go)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Installed it. Lets compare it to Pokemon Go for obvious reasons:

Start with a shitty energy mechanic(kid of like pokeballs but used for EVERYTHING). Cannot get energy back at 'pokestops' only inns, and 1 out of every 3 greenhouses.
Inventory space severely limited, like you fill up alchemy stuff in 2 minutes of walking. Costs over double to upgrade compared to POGO.
Animations/graphics straight out of 2002. Facial animations make the latest Mass Effect game look like artwork. Soulless eyes, seems like an intern did it.

They need to patch the energy mechanic or this one will die quick. That said, there's kind of a nice leveling feel to it, and you can sort of customize your character. 3 'classes', DPS/HEAL&SUPPORT/MIX

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
The tiny park right next to me has 5 inns and a fortress, really enjoying doing the fortresses with my wife and energy hasn't been an issue.

I feel like you want to play this by travelling to a good location with lots of inns, rather than playing it wherever you walk like Pokemon Go.

Collecting all the random shit over and over again is getting annoying though.

They need to add automatic energy regen and free daily runestones looking at all the complaints online. PvP would be good too.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
The tiny park right next to me has 5 inns and a fortress, really enjoying doing the fortresses with my wife and energy hasn't been an issue.

I feel like you want to play this by travelling to a good location with lots of inns, rather than playing it wherever you walk like Pokemon Go.

Collecting all the random shit over and over again is getting annoying though.

They need to add automatic energy regen and free daily runestones looking at all the complaints online. PvP would be good too.
Having fun, but like you I live right now 2 ins, 2 greenhouses and 1 fortress and Old Town Alexandria is full of stuff and 10min away. It's a fun game to dick around on when there is no event in PoGo or shinies I want to hunt, like right now.

Edit - I'd love a way to "quick catch" like in pokemon

Black_Death

Golden Knight of the Realm
No idea what I am doing, but there are lots of things by me at work, so I'll see what happens.

Friend Code: 6200 4544 3622

• 1Like

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
7834 3363 2921

I just got enough rare parts (unicorn hair, etc) for like 12 exp pots from 2 portkey things, not sure if that's super lucky. I got 2400 exp from one too. In Pokemon go I would always forget to incubate my eggs, paying a bit more attention here. Use your unlimited gold key for 2 KM ones, silver for the bigger ones.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
Apparently they really suck at programming. You get 0 credit for the 'play this game in another country' achievement.

Want 400 free coins though? In your phone settings, change your default language, open this game and catch(free?) something, aaaand you get credit. Do this 9 more times and you get almost enough coins to upgrade your energy 3 times. I don't feel bad abusing stuff like that when they start you with shit all for 'energy' storage.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
there is something with grabbing extra wrackspurts from portkeys, but the reddit post was deleted

also PoGo doesn't seem that bad of a f2p game... this game is incredibly monetized and holy shit is it aggressive.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
there is something with grabbing extra wrackspurts from portkeys, but the reddit post was deleted

also PoGo doesn't seem that bad of a f2p game... this game is incredibly monetized and holy shit is it aggressive.
Really? I don't get that, but then again I can just go get energy in a 1min walk. Other than that, monetization feels the same as PoGo. Incubators/keys and lures/detectors of you spend money on anything.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I have three inns, a greenhouse and fort that I can hit from my living room. I guess I’m one of the lucky ones too.

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I’ve got nothing near work or home that I would go to with any sort of regularity. Same problem as Pokémon go, shitty for most suburban areas.