Harry Potter Wizards Unite (aka harry potter pokemon go)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Well this is kind of an awful game. The 'event' is just 2 different enemies that spawn, and of course they're both super resistant (i.e. wasted 20 energy on ONE unicorn before it ran). I don't know if they expect a lot of people to buy spell energy, but just a super frustrating game all around.

Leveling is supposed to reduce resist rates, but doesn't seem to. With skill you can consistently do 'masterful' catches (PoGo excellent throws I guess), but it has ZERO bearing on resist rate. You're just as likely to catch it with a shitty cast.

Most of my friends list is people who have clearly uninstalled :p

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well this is kind of an awful game. The 'event' is just 2 different enemies that spawn, and of course they're both super resistant (i.e. wasted 20 energy on ONE unicorn before it ran). I don't know if they expect a lot of people to buy spell energy, but just a super frustrating game all around.

Leveling is supposed to reduce resist rates, but doesn't seem to. With skill you can consistently do 'masterful' catches (PoGo excellent throws I guess), but it has ZERO bearing on resist rate. You're just as likely to catch it with a shitty cast.

Most of my friends list is people who have clearly uninstalled :p
Yeah it just seems pointless to play it. I don't think it should be possible to get repeats, if you already have a spawn it should just replace it with something you don't have.

Add PvP to keep people in the game once they have everything.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Game definitely needs wizard tournaments aka goblet of fire. 1v1 pvp, 5v5?

Clan system for the game to have a purpose of being an online game?

This is like one of those cheesy games that are made to hype an upcoming movie.

Completely rushed, poor quality, la king depth.

Energy system definitely is forced and hamfisted.

The good thing, is it can improve, it has a good base to start with and has an audience however it should be considered a beta than a full release.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's basically what happens when map makers and app developers try to make a game. They don't know they are doing.

This is game #3 from them now and only Ingress was any good because it actually makes use of the map and has used generated content.

Last edited:

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
It's basically what happens when map makers and app developers try to make a game. They don't know they are doing.

This is game #3 from them now and only Ingress was any good because it actually makes use of the map and has used generated content.

It's funny how much of a step back this is from something like Ingress, where in Ingress you can actively change the map, leave your mark, and this is king: CREATE DRAMA. I think that last point is what makes a game great during it's time (hi EQ1!).

This is as unsocial as it comes. I can't even shoot a friend request to someone I see putting in Dark detectors in the local inn.

Hopefully they improve it some, but 99% of the people in my friends list have not logged in since release week.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
This is game #3 from them now and only Ingress was any good
Ingress and HPWU are both weak because they have way too much going on. PoGo hit the best sweet spot of the three with the simplest interface, not overloaded with bullshit storylines, min/max gameplay options, etc.

• 1Like

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
I don't think this game has too much going on, it's basically just cast things, fill out a sticker book while leveling, and sometimes doing fortress fights(fort exp was slashed by more than half yesterdays patch lol)

New event is going on, the leveling exp and family exp is super quick. Over 500 per catch without an exp pot, and less resistant than last event's My Little Pony bullshiat.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't think this game has too much going on, it's basically just cast things, fill out a sticker book while leveling, and sometimes doing fortress fights(fort exp was slashed by more than half yesterdays patch lol)

New event is going on, the leveling exp and family exp is super quick. Over 500 per catch without an exp pot, and less resistant than last event's My Little Pony bullshiat.
I'd rather to the unicorn cast than the harry potter cast though :(

Also I have yet to get anything from using the runes in a fortress, I think that shit is broken.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I received an email today advertising this game of anyone cares. I didn't see a thread, so I made one.

Screenshot_20190816-130408_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20190816-130417_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20190816-130440_Google Play Store.jpg