Hawken F2P

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
After playing the Scout for a while I can barely play my Bruiser, just moves so slow. Need a Mech next where I can just go all O, guessing Grenadier or Brawler.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've been going all movement/defensive with most of my mechs; the offensive specs just don't offer enough of an increase in effectiveness when compared to the ability to evade and outpace enemies.

Right now with my Berserker I'm predominately movement, though I've specced full in terms of increasing repair effectiveness, which when coupled with the repair internal equipment and a repair charge means I can go from kibbles and bits to full repair in a matter of 2-3 seconds.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
If anyone is still playing this there is a patch out this afternoon with a new mech and other improvements.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoyed the beta and loved the feel of the mechs. I guess why I quit playing was it just felt like there wasn't a REASON to play. Nothing I did in one match mattered really, and the time it took to earn enough points for a new mech without paying felt too long. I hope they can add some more to it later or perhaps in a sequel cause the combat is fun as hell.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
I really enjoyed the beta and loved the feel of the mechs. I guess why I quit playing was it just felt like there wasn't a REASON to play. Nothing I did in one match mattered really, and the time it took to earn enough points for a new mech without paying felt too long. I hope they can add some more to it later or perhaps in a sequel cause the combat is fun as hell.
The REASON to play is to crush mechs online. Accrueing points is slow, but it's a F2P game. I'm perfectly ok with that, as I would have spent $50 on the game in the first place. I think I've put maybe $30 into the game so far, to unlock a few mechs and tweak their loadouts.

Srs fun times.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Bump.
Im loving this, been using the turrets as the first thing iv bought and racking up assists/exp.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Oh, I'm not dogging the game, Beef. It is really well done and it's gonna stay on my hard drive for whenever I've the need to smash some shit. I was just hoping for something a little meatier to entice me to want to play more often.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
With it being a beta there isn't any reason to play right now other than the fact that your mech's and your credits transfer over when the game goes live. Once the game is live there will be rankings, I believe both individually and clan as well as tournaments. The biggest issue in playing right now is the lack of maps and that in live the games will be 12v12 but right now it's restricted to 6v6 so if you get in a team with noobs or players that will leave at the first sign of it being a tough match or a loss then it can get lame. The balance is also off a bit with A (smallest) class mechs being the most powerful and C (biggest) class mechs being mainly pieces of shit with their turret ability being basically useless.

I'll have my reaper to 25 in a couple of days then may take a break for a while with a scout, bruiser, sharpshooter and reaper all being maxed out and ready for live. Also spent about $30 so far for the camo's and what not.

Edit: Beef what's your call sign?

Anyone else trying to download this and the launcher is giving you this error: "Unable to contact reliable source"?

Should I just try again later or is it a clientside issue that I can resolve myself? Should probably just ask in the Hawken forums, but I figure I'd have the same luck here anyway.

Thanks in advance.

*Edit- Resolved. I'm an impatient asshole. My apologies.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Patch yesterday includes new mech, map and more balancing. The map is just a white box for now while they test it but it's pretty badass. Server browser is also back, they had some 24 man servers open last night and it was just hilarious.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone still playing this? Was going to DL it after reading a RPS review.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Anyone still playing this? Was going to DL it after reading a RPS review.
I play ~everyday. Game is made better with each patch and it was amazing out of the gate (open beta).

Got the chance to play it in 3D and I must say, it's the only thing I've seen made better with 3D. Sofa king bad ass.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
New mechs, maps and UI improvements in the last month. They added a healing class which is kind of lame IMO, overall still a great F2P mech game.

nuday

Golden Squire
New mechs, maps and UI improvements in the last month. They added a healing class which is kind of lame IMO, overall still a great F2P mech game.
That healing class is really fantastic with somebody who can actually use it. I've seen a good tech keep players alive through some nasty fights.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
I load it up every now and then on steam when I remember it exists. Such a shame there's not more to it. F2P model just kind of shits up what I think could have been an amazing game.