HBO Documentary "Going Clear": SCIENTOLOGY B CRAZY!

Xevy

Log Wizard

Just watched this. Classic case of insecure people paying money to feel better. The most shocking part was that the hot Middle Eastern chick from Homeland was picked as Tom Cruise's girlfriend.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
It was alright, but I honestly expected something a lot more revelatory for all the talking up the press has done about this documentary. It's basically just a narrative version of the same stuff you can easily find online in five minutes. I had higher hopes.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
It was alright, but I honestly expected something a lot more revelatory for all the talking up the press has done about this documentary. It's basically just a narrative version of the same stuff you can easily find online in five minutes. I had higher hopes.
It's really just a visual rendition of Lawrence Wrights book, which was excellent. Least now you can see the crazy instead of just reading up on it. Now they just need to do a documentary version of Under the Kingdom of Heaven.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
If the info being on HBO gets it wider exposure, it's all good.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Region locked, can't even see the trailer in yorooope. Fuck you, HBO.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So wait, was that a rebuttal video or some kind of vacation hotel advertisement.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Great Documentary, seen alot of stuff on scientology before though so not massively revealing... Gov needs to revoke that religion status - these people are waaay beyond fucked up.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It actually kind of helped me rationalize why people would join. The first lower tiers seem like basically just therapy. I can't fault people for doing therapy and then thinking they feel better/are better because of it. Everything about that tier though is just... insane and exploitative as fuck. The fact that people are so into this shit then see LRH's scribbled notes on Xenu and almost always immediately go "Wait. What the fuck??!"