HBO Miniseries - The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
If you ever saw the movie "All Good Things" from filmmaker Andrew Jarecki then you are familiar with this story. Jarecki made this miniseries as well.

The series investigates the unsolved 1982 disappearance of Durst's wife Kathie, the 2000 execution-style killing of his friend Susan Berman, and the 2001 death and dismemberment of his neighbor Morris Black, in Galveston, Texas. It uses a wide array of existing footage including news, security footage, police evidence, and archival interviews combined with footage shot by Jarecki, which is composed of contemporary interviews, visual reenactments (some of which were shot at Jarecki's upstate New York home), and self-reflexive footage of Jarecki's film-making process and peculiar working relationship with Durst. Its complex editing style and narrative construction emphasize the contradictions within both Durst's life and the bizarre and grisly murders he allegedly committed.
Do not open this spoiler unless you have watched the whole miniseries.
Clip from the final episode:

And now he is fucked, well maybe this is America and he is white with millions and got off before.

Column_sl

shitlord
So is he talking to someone in the bathroom, or is he conversing with himself?

I saw All good things a couple years ago, I just assumed the guy was in prison never knew he was still walking around.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
In response to Column
The interview concluded and Durst went to the restroom with his mic still on his person and powered up. He mumbled to himself, which you heard in the video. He was a arrested in NO on Saturday, March 14th. I watched this On-Demand so I am not sure if the 6th and Final Episode aired Saturday the 14th or Sunday the 15th.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
That last episode
Bob needs to stop talking to himself

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It didn't help that Morris Black was a crazy old man who yelled at people for smoking on their own porches ... blocks away.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
His defense team in Galveston played it as perfectly as it could be played in those circumstances. They painted the overbearing, ambitious woman from NY (the prosecutor) as the real villain to a bunch of Texans. It's still amazing that the jury let him off. One of the jurors was still defending the motherfucker even at the end.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
His defense team in Galveston played it as perfectly as it could be played in those circumstances. They painted the overbearing, ambitious woman from NY (the prosecutor) as the real villain to a bunch of Texans. It's still amazing that the jury let him off. One of the jurors was still defending the motherfucker even at the end.
I believe they said in one of the episodes that there were never more than a couple of guilty votes at any one time on that jury. Thought that was interesting.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, we just finished binge watching them all like 10 minutes ago. About all I could say was, 'damn...' Never saw All Good Things or his original trial so really didn't know anything about the dude or his crazy story, and it just kept the crazy going.

The one juror said they never had more than 3 and the last hold out was focused on the dismemberment part. They had to remind her that wasn't a part of the charges. Which really confused the wife and I, not being true crime or Court TV people, how do they not have him charged with all sorts of stuff related to the body. Is it really not illegal to cut someone up and throw them in a river? Seems like that would be frowned on.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users