HDTVs

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Currently looking at replacing my Samsung Q90T 65" with a Samsung S90C 77".

Thoughts?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Currently looking at replacing my Samsung Q90T 65" with a Samsung S90C 77".

Thoughts?

Samsung doesn't support Dolby Vision, so if you stream a lot of content that supports DV then the Samsung will use HDR10 instead. Debatable if there's any tangible difference, but I like seeing the DV logo when I start a show/movie. I also bought an nvidia shield so that I can download and stream DV supported content via Plex with my LG G3.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Samsung doesn't support Dolby Vision, so if you stream a lot of content that supports DV then the Samsung will use HDR10 instead. Debatable if there's any tangible difference, but I like seeing the DV logo when I start a show/movie. I also bought an nvidia shield so that I can download and stream DV supported content via Plex with my LG G3.

I stream all my content from a NAS using Plex, but I’m not familiar with Dolby Vision.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I stream all my content from a NAS using Plex, but I’m not familiar with Dolby Vision.

It's dolbys brand of HDR. If you're downloading 4k torrents of movies/TV then they'll most likely be encoded in HDR10+ or Dolby Vision. If your TV doesn't support DV then DV files will have a purple/green tint

I think most Plex devices won't stream DV also except for the Nvidia shield

Last edited: