Headphones & Audio Devices

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've been debating picking up some Blutooth ear buds because Samsung's Note 10+ has forced it on me. What's a really good sound quality system? And fuck airpods. They can eat my ass.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been debating picking up some Blutooth ear buds because Samsung's Note 10+ has forced it on me. What's a really good sound quality system? And fuck airpods. They can eat my ass.
I'm running my old Shure SE215 with some Fiio mmcx to Bluetooth converters. Sound quality isn't as good as wired but it's better than any other Bluetooth I've used.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Looking for a pair of closed headphones for gaming. I currently own a pair of Sennheiser HD 6XX I got from Massdrop. It's an open headset and everyone can hear what I'm hearing especially during late night gaming. Looking for a pair when I have family around they dont hear everything I hear. Anyone got experience with the Audio technica ath-m50x?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Looking for a pair of closed headphones for gaming. I currently own a pair of Sennheiser HD 6XX I got from Massdrop. It's an open headset and everyone can hear what I'm hearing especially during late night gaming. Looking for a pair when I have family around they dont hear everything I hear. Anyone got experience with the Audio technica ath-m50x?

I didn't like them. Sounded hollow. Needed a lot of EQing. Dude. I'd go with DT770 pro's @250 ohm since I know you have an amp.

Amazon product ASIN B07LBZR7CR

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there an upgrade at around the $200 range for my Sennheiser HD598 SE's? They still sound as good as new, but the cushions are getting old. I've stopped using my Fiio Olympus 2 since I think there is a driver issue with them and windows, so I plug them into my receiver.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Is there an upgrade at around the $200 range for my Sennheiser HD598 SE's? They still sound as good as new, but the cushions are getting old. I've stopped using my Fiio Olympus 2 since I think there is a driver issue with them and windows, so I plug them into my receiver.
I'm imagine you can just get new earpads.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yeah I know they are open back. I was wondering if they sound better than the HD6XX and if they are more comfortable.

They sound better. Deeper bass better highs. Mids are about the same I'd say.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
So I bought a new Denon 3500 last year. Been pretty good until recently. HDMI 1 seemed to stop working. Now I wake up this morning and my Denon wont output at all. Unplugged all my hdmi a few times. Changed out the arc cable. Reset it. Nothing. Calling them for support tomorrow but this is my second bad product from Denon. I had to send my first one in years ago to be repaired several times and went to Yamaha for 5 years with zero problems. Decided to give Denon another chance and now this. Im pretty close to tossing it in the trash and buying another Yamaha and never looking back. What fucking garbage.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
OK audio gurus, I need some real advice. We are building a new house and had ceiling mounted speakers put in the Media room, kitchen, porch, master bed, and master bath. They told us the speakers would have bluetooth capability and that each pair room would have an audio control for the speakers on the wall near the light switches. Now, the company is coming back and asking us where we want to home run the audio connections for all the rooms and they say the default is the media room. My question is, are there any panels available that would allow us to home run the speakers to the room that they are in so that we could either use the bluetooth from that room or plug them directly into an audio jack without having to go upstairs to the media room to control it? We are imagining three separate zones: the media room itself, the master suite (bed/bath), and the kitchen/patio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Sold my Sennheiser HD700's since I find myself always using my HiFi-man HE560's. Wanted a wireless headset. Snagged the Corsair Virtuoso's for a couple hundred. They're good-great.

Sound quality wise for a wireless headset, I will give them a 9/10. I can not tell the difference between wired and wireless! Good tight bass 9/10. Highs are good-great 8/10. Mids are great 9/10. Soundstage is great using stereo 8/10. Mic is OK-good 7/10.

Would recommend if you're in the game for wireless headset. Will be keeping these.

Amazon product ASIN B07VSHL7V6
IMG_20200818_084043.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
How heavy are they? I'd rather have a wireless headset but my problem in the past with them has always been too heavy and uncomfortable for long sessions

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
My arctis 7 steel series were amazing but the battery took a shit after 1 year and its non replaceable, never again.

My fave audio forum. audiophiles, headphone lovers, technical know-how people, music threads, it is fun to start following. Lots of content.

Last edited: