Health Problems

Oldbased

> Than U
Ya I initially had severe shoulder pain and then sneezing like mad for no reason. That was Sunday and Monday. Tuesday felt pretty normal. Tuesday night sudden massive coughing non productive. Continued into Wednesday and felt horrible/weak. Thursday coughing/sneezing weakness and massive shortness of breath, yesterday able to breath but still heavy bouts of coughing/sneezing. Today so far semi productive congestion coughs. Had a few random fevers partially in it but 2 of the pain relievers I take have tylenol in it.

Pretty sure it was a flu.

iannis

Musty Nester
A flu can become a upper respiratory infection can become pneumonia (which is in essence a lower respiratory infection) in fairly short order. It really doesn't take very long sometimes.

What you describe sounds more than a flu. It sounds like fucking black lung. You probably had more of a continuous fever than you realize.

Aspiration pneumonia? Did you have a heavy exposure to sawdust/drywall/that sort of particulate dust shortly before it happened? I'm not trying to diagnose you, I'm just saying that was probably more than a flu.

Oldbased

> Than U
Well Monday I was demoing floors and Tuesday I was cutting drywall all over to run new electrical in a bath remodel. However I've had 3 other people get sick after contract with me Tuesday/Wednesday before I isolated myself. They have been pretty sick but not as bad as I was so far. At the same time CDC and national news been reporting one of the worst upper respiratory illness in many years affecting children with asthma going around. On other forums however including one CDC related I found a lot of people especially in northern of KY states claim the same thing this week from adults.

At this point however a doctor seems stupid. I am now at 50-60% of what I was before, no longer suffer constant coughing fits gasping for air and when I do cough , am now being productive. I have been eating and drinking today as well.
That is what really struck me with all this, never once did I feel nauseas really. I did forget to eat/drink a few days early on.

As of finally taking a nap this afternoon, I am no longer feeling fluids in my breath when I exhale and inhale so I must be improving, but trust me first sign of lung pain or lung labored breathing I am off to the doctor again.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The doctor might seem a waste at this time but a culture of your spewtom might be good in order to rule out anything bad that could do permanent damage.

Oldbased

> Than U
Oh I am not to concerned with long term damage. I know that sounds fucked up to many of you here but everyone doesn't also know what I already know on my personal health.
Let's just say I don't have any retirement plans.

I have been around molds, mildew all my life. 20 years of drywalling and painting and 5 years of lead and asbestos abatement/removal. Heavy smoker over 20 years, bad diets and whatnots.
I do make a effort to take better care of myself now more than I did previously but longterm I am pretty fucked already.
My brother was same way, hell he did the same work and I have already outlived him by 6 months in actual age.

As far as pneumonia goes I have had it 3 times, first time at only age 6. I was born with bronchitis and have had pneumonitis 4 times as well from said molds/drywall and whatnot.
All that said, I have a decent understanding of when I am in deep shit lung wise. Thursday threw me off because my lungs themselves seemed fine, the airways going to the lungs however I assume had swollen and that gave me serious issues getting air.
From 1980-1989 I had SEVERE respiratory illnesses almost every year. It was no uncommon to miss 3-4 weeks a year of school due to them and in many cases they were as such as this last week, coughing so severe air could not be taken in, swelling of throat and bronchial tubes and whatnot. That was all pre smoking/working.
I started smoking originally believe it or not because for whatever reason smoking stopped the chronic coughing I always had from birth till late teens. I always assumed it was due to the fact it killed/coated nerve endings which was always super sensitive.
Despite a few times with illnesses above, I had never had a relapse of the illnesses I had back in the 80's. Until this week that is.

Talking to my doctor over the phone today who is semi a quack in himself but cheap he wants me to get something to monitor blood oxygen levels, get off smokes and not go the Ecig route due to misting causing possible irritation of lungs and put on something like Brotapp DM or a codeine based syrup or pill long term.

This alone worries me more than the circumstances I am at now due to the fact last time I took Codeine in 2007 for cracked ribs it caused throat swelling.
I didn't sign up for any health plans this year and I don't qualify for any assistance so everything is OOP for me despite I don't have nearly what they think I have.
Probably around 50% of my income goes to other things, not illegal and not for me I don't want to disclose here.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
a_skeleton_03 - my money's on that Iraq plane graveyard or whatever. That shit just sounds sketch. Either that or random fluke. I don't think it would be any of those antennas unless there was an unshielded radioactive emitting source on the equipment there( can't imagine that would be the case). Dose related to flights -even if you flew a lot more - is so low that it is very unlikely .

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
It's confusing. Technically they are benign, but histologically they can resemble sarcoma. But desmoid never metastasizes as far as I'm aware - but can be very locally aggressive.Fibromatosis and Desmoid Tumorsinfo here seems pretty spot on
No they don't metastasize but can grow incredibly aggressively. I had one that went from a tennis ball to a grape fruit in less than a month. That's the one that ended up pressing on my artery causing a DVT/PE and hospitalizing me for 3 months. Docs didn't think I'd make it out of that one.

That site looks as accurate as it gets except for the Sarcoma part. Well I shouldn't say it's wrong I've just had every doctor since 1996 classify them as Sarcomas when speaking to me about them. So my personal experience they are indeed Sarcomas.

I've been on both Sulindac and Tamoxifen. Neither did anything significant for me. I was on Methotrexate and Vinorelbine (cousin to Vinblastin) in 2000 and I didn't see significant shrink but that treatment kept it at bay for several years. That's just as good sometimes. And I was just on Vinblastin which I did see noticeable shrinkage with.

My sister passed away from a Desmoid so they can absolutely be life threatening.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
There is some very nasty viruses going around. I've managed to be lucky so far but my wife, son and mother in law have been laid out for almost 7 days. My wife has an upper respiratory infection, conjunctivitis and ear infections in both ears. My son has sinusitis, upper respiratory, conjunctivitis and gastroenteritis and has gone about 5 days without eating. This is the nastiest shit I have seen in quite a long time.

Oldbased

> Than U
Ya it was. Tonight for the first time I didn't eat nor did Shelly. It wasn't that we were sick at our stomachs but everything tasted like bleach to both of us.
I continued to improve today but I had to go out to the store. I was as careful as I could be not to cough at people and use wipes but considering I think I got it from Meijers last Sunday morning to begin with I felt bad.
I was able to walk the store and everything ok but by time I got back home I was coughing up a storm.

That's how I got pneumonitis before was being sick then after I got well, overdid myself causing inflammation and really fucked myself.
Tonight I soaked the house down in Lysol and washed everything.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Well, things haven't been going to great on this end. I've had 8 v-tach episodes in the last three days, with three happening rapid fire this evening while I was in Best Buy. It's been very frustrating, and I've asked the cardiologists what's been causing these episodes, and all I can gather is my heart is struggling to stay alive. I could go into the science of why this is happening, and the course of action that's lead to this point, but it's pretty immaterial now.

It's still to early to write my obit, I hope, but just in case I'd like to thank you guys for letting me be a dumbass, a smartass, and just an ass in general over the years.

I've come to realize that death isn't something to worry about or feel sorry for someone about. Millions of people have died before us, and not one of them has complained.

Here's hoping I can cheat death for one more day at a time. Salut.

Crazily

N00b
Well my step dad has been slurring his speech for a few months and when I found out I bitched at my Mom to make him see a doctor. Fast forward a few weeks and a few doctor's exams and he was diagnosed with ALS today. 3-5 years is the average time till death from onset and from what I am reading it's a really bad way to go. He is mid 50's....

Fuck fuck fuck

Oldbased

> Than U
Well, things haven't been going to great on this end. I've had 8 v-tach episodes in the last three days, with three happening rapid fire this evening while I was in Best Buy. It's been very frustrating, and I've asked the cardiologists what's been causing these episodes, and all I can gather is my heart is struggling to stay alive. I could go into the science of why this is happening, and the course of action that's lead to this point, but it's pretty immaterial now.

It's still to early to write my obit, I hope, but just in case I'd like to thank you guys for letting me be a dumbass, a smartass, and just an ass in general over the years.

I've come to realize that death isn't something to worry about or feel sorry for someone about. Millions of people have died before us, and not one of them has complained.

Here's hoping I can cheat death for one more day at a time. Salut.
I won't be able to do my normal toast, but I'll drink something special for you.
Lets make it to next year anyways since 2015 just sounds better.
Oh and in true gaming fashion. Can we have your stuff?
smile.png

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Sure, Bass, you can have my stuff. Except my wife. I do have a pretty nice generator, though.

It's been two complete days without a heart episode. I've been doing nearly nothing, and I still haven't gone out of the house by myself, yet. I'm going stir crazy, but the docs have told me to do as little as possible until next Tuesday when I have my next appointment. Thanks for the vent.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I like the way you think, Noodle.

Did I also mention I'm trying to stop smoking, so every minute seems like a fucking eternity? GAH. I'm ready to chew my fingers off.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Well I had my CT Scan today and the results weren't quite what we expected to "see". On the scan it actually doesn't look like the tumor has changed much of it all but physical examination clearly shows it isn't remotely the same shape or density anymore. Doc says it is much softer and has started to flatten out. Both are things you really like to hear after having chemo. So great results...just not visually on the scan. I'll take it!

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Rerolled bros are pretty much raping cancer. Maybe the actual cure for cancer is getting tricked into seeing tranny dick