Health Problems

Oldbased

> Than U
I feel like if I was foreign and someone was calling me Dr. Isis I might be slightly offended
You would think, but both times I went with her that was the least offending thing I can think of said, mostly by him.
He was the one who did her spinal tap and hit the bone the first time ( didn't use the camera thing we talked about earlier in thread ) and said later he was sorry for so much pain.
She asked why he got into this line of work and his reply was basically I am from the Middle East stabbing people is my specialty. Like I said, good sense of humor.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Glad to hear you are almost done, a_skeleton_03.

My Mom went to the oncologist today, and like Dyvim said, it's not good. Without treatment, she's got 6 months max, and with 6 rounds of chemo she's got a 50/50 shot at two years.

And I've got yet another heart surgery tomorrow. It's looking like a banner week.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm in a lot of pain today. Yesterday I went to the hospital for an inguinal hernia repair surgery. This wasn't the litho type, they made something like a 3" incision.

Anyway, my doctor decided not to use that pain killer orb thing that was used in my previous hernia surgery some 7 years ago. Instead, he gave me a script for percosets. I'm so fucking sore right now, and didn't sleep at all last night. Any sort of movement makes me feel like I'm going to tear the stitches open. Yes, I realize that's in my head, but it hurts. Ugh!

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm in a lot of pain today. Yesterday I went to the hospital for an inguinal hernia repair surgery. This wasn't the litho type, they made something like a 3" incision.

Anyway, my doctor decided not to use that pain killer orb thing that was used in my previous hernia surgery some 7 years ago. Instead, he gave me a script for percosets. I'm so fucking sore right now, and didn't sleep at all last night. Any sort of movement makes me feel like I'm going to tear the stitches open. Yes, I realize that's in my head, but it hurts. Ugh!
I had massive hernia surgery back in 2010'ish where I had one upper abdominal mesh material put in and then for the lower abdominal hernia they moved some muscle over to cover the hole up. I've had several surgeries over the years and that hernia surgery was the was absolutely the most miserable recovery of all of them. The pain while even managed with meds was constant and maddening. Aside from that it was over a month before they let me lift a gallon of milk. Three months before I could left over 35 pounds. Of course I've had a couple other surgeries after that and now have a couple small hernias. The only way I'd ever have that surgery again is if one of these hernias causes a problem and makes me need it done. Right now they aren't bothering me at all or hindering me in anyway so fuck that.

Hang in there man it doesn't sound like your surgery was nearly as intensive as mine was so you shouldn't take so long to recover. If those pain meds are helping enough talk to you doc about alternatives. I've always had receptive doctors when it comes to pain management. I used to not want to take them but I've learned to take that shit early and as often (as able to take by prescription) as possible. And never ever wait to start feeling the pain worse. Soon as you feel any pain. Take that shit. The more pain you're in before you take the pain meds the more pain meds you need to catch up with that higher level of pain.

You probably know all this already but in case others reading may not have had these experiences might find the info handy. Recover quick man!

--------------------

Just had my third dose of chemo yesterday. I've easily been able to control the nausea and overall sickness feeling but man these first three rounds are killing my ass. I already have pre-existing hemorrhoid issues that are generally well managed but this chemo is literally irritating the hell out of my ass. Start off ok in the morning and just get progressively worst into the evening. By the end of the night it can get fucking excruciating. Like into it's hard to walk territory.
Unlike some people I don't self diagnose ass conditions so I did speak to my doctor. NP and the doctor poked at my ass a bit and just said it looked very irritated and didn't want to see it get infected so I'm on cipro for a couple weeks. Since starting after last weeks chemo it seemed to have gotten better but after yesterday it sucks again. Not nearly to the degree as before the cipro but still not fun at all.
Feeling the tumor I'm pretty sure it started shrinking again. The shape feels slightly different than from before. Hoping we can finish this fuck off before we have the baby in April.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Got back from the hospital already, I've got two new wires, a new generator, and a freshly shorn groin. And my chest is sore as hell with a brand new battle scar.

You other fuckers, get well, damnit.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Stop smoking and eating like an 18 year old football player Gravy.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Got back from the hospital already, I've got two new wires, a new generator, and a freshly shorn groin. And my chest is sore as hell with a brand new battle scar.

You other fuckers, get well, damnit.
Why did they shave your balls if they cut into your chest?

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Why did they shave your balls if they cut into your chest?
I was 'told' that they needed arterial access to remove one of the leads they were replacing, but I think the nurse just wanted to caress my melon balls.

They did actually use it, because I had to lay flat for 6 hours after surgery. The femoral artery is a big one and takes time to heal up.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
If they're going through the femoral artery, then yes, they will need to shave your groin. Lol.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
For what it's worth, I thought it was strange they needed groin access for this procedure, too. When I had the pacemaker put in, they didn't go through the groin for anything, but evidently with lead extractions they need access through a larger artery. And yeah, I've had several other procedures where they went through the groin, but I didn't think this was going to be one of them.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I'm still in pain, but not nearly as much as a few days ago. I was able to take my first shower last night (their rules... I felt so fucking dirty). My dick has a big purple (black and blue type) strip across the top. And my right testicle is easily 2x the size as normal. The skin around it is also slightly discolored as well. A little darker than normal. There's a lot of swelling at least.

I'd show you a picture, but I don't want to do that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Funny ball-related story.

My brother had vericosa or whatever the fuck it is in his ball bag and one of his balls was spinning freely. They had to do some major operation down there to basically sew the balls together or something weird. After he got out of surgery he "accidentally" sent a picture of his black, grapefruit sized bloody nutsack to his ENTIRE contact list on his phone.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Tred my asshole hurts a ton also. I got an email saying that my blood work from yesterday showed me totally neutropenic and I needed to start taking my stash of cipro asap. I knew what that was but I decided to look it up just to read more about it and anal pain is a total symptom. On top of my asshole in flaming pain I have a ton of gas pressure causing me to fart for like 10 seconds straight. Take a tore up asshole and make it wobble like a neighing horse and I am in so much pain. I bought a special tube of butt paste and shoved a handful up there.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Taking neurontin now for neuropathy. The ADEM I had caused my immune system to attack the lining of my nerves. It's a lot better now than it was just a few months ago. It's mostly in my hands now. The neurontin really makes a huge difference but I have a huge side effect. I have short term memory loss, have a hard time typing sometimes. I really have to proof read what I type because I put in extra letters or whatever. People notice I have a hard time coming up with the right word. It sucks. It's not related to the ADEM since it only started when I got on neurontin, but it helps the pain sooooo much. The Dr. said there really wasn't an alternative. He suggested I try to lower the dosage and use Alpha Lipoic Acid which causes me to break out but that I can live with.

Oh well.