Health Problems

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So, to preface this, I'm 33 years old, 5'6, 240lbs.

Back on the 20th, had a burst of pain in my left side. Thought it was a kidney stone (Had one 4 years ago, haven't had any since). But, took some aspirin and pain went away and nothing after that.

Then, Christmas Eve night, just finished dinner and got hit with a significant amount of nausea, left side abdominal pain and my heart racing, almost like a panic attack. Thought it was the stone again, so was drinking lots of fluids. Over the next 3 days kept getting waves of nausea, heart racing, and some abdominal discomfort. Finally was able to get into a Walk In clinic on Sunday. They did urine and blood tests, which both came back fine. Nurse practitioner thinks its diverticulitis, prescribed some antibiotics for a week with a follow up visit. Was going to try a CT scan to be sure but insurance apparently doesn't cover much if a urgent care clinic does it.

Really hoping the antibiotics work, because internal pain/discomfort like this sucks. Can't seem to get comfortable or relax since I end up focusing on it when I do. Its not severe pain, which I think is worse since its just enough to fuck with me without it being severe enough to know for sure whats going on.

Reading up on diverticulitis, I know i could stand to lose weight (I haven't gotten any bigger over the past few years, but i also haven't lost any weight) and I am working on drinking more water, but trying to figure out how to get more fiber is what I'm not sure about. I normally do oatmeal/cereal for breakfast, and I started about a month ago to eat salads for lunches. I could work on eating more whole wheats, but would a fiber supplement help better?

I think after the checkup I may end up seeing a GI doctor anyway, to at least get some more info and such. Just wondering if others have gone through things like this.
I have diverticulitis, and losing weight certainly helped. But man, no offense, but you need to get your weight under control before you start seeking a medical solution. Many of your problems will most likely disappear if you lost 70 pounds or so.. I'm currently 5'8" and 165lbs. When I was 185 I had all sorts of health problems-- gut issues, sleep issues, energy issues, back pain, etc. Just losing 20 lbs cleared the majority of these things up. Focus all your efforts on losing weight, THEN seek medication for whatever remains.

As for diverticulitis prevention, I take a glass of Miralax per day, works great and is tasteless and textureless. A great diverticulitis food is Greek yogurt with raspberries/blackberries. You get good bacteria and a ton of fiber from the berries.. And it tastes good too.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Holy shat 5'6 and 240lbs. As Gravy mentioned, I do like to recommend Konsyl (Easy Mix Solution) for additional fiber. If you can't find that, just get Metamucil.

You're on a non-stop flight to a heart attack.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Update on my aunt. She's finally home, still has hospice care though. She's active now, walking everyday but out of work still. She's rich so she only works because she enjoys it (weird) .

It was a plethora of bad shit that happened at once.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So I get the butt camera again the first week of February.

The GI doc (PA) that I saw was a super cute 25 year old (guess) with nice tits and a low cut top on under her lab coat and bubbly personality and not shocked by anything.

My wife was laughing the whole time knowing that she was totally my style. The minute she left to grab something my wife made a comment making fun of me.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Just slip your wife some of the drugs they give you before they jam that camera up your ass. She won't remember a thing!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Blood glucose was down to 100 last night 3 hours after eating. Normally I'd be happy, but I've been sitting at 180-200 so it was a bit concerning.

Even this morning after fasting I was only up to 151. Hopefully nothing else is wrong. I don't think it's the meds, I've been on them for 2 months at this point. Dropping 100 points is fairly drastic. I see the doc next monday, so I'll talk to him about it if it continues along with his thoughts on a keto diet.

I had to get bloodwork today and the nurse was a 15/10. Surprised she could get any blood from my veins with the raging boner I had in my pants.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So I have to have my left testicle removed. 95% chance its cancer. Can't biopsy a testicle without removing the whole thing. Won't know til the biopsy if I need chemo.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Good luck dude. My dad had the same thing, they removed the ball and he was cancer free and even fathered my sister afterwards .

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Wearing a 48 hour Holter monitor. Bitch that put it on had more perfume on than a $2 whore, and I told her that. Was bad enough being in the same room with her. When I took my shirt off to sleep that shit was all in the tape and sensors. They're going to have to live with a 24 hour monitor instead of 48.

She made sure to point out her name on the paperwork in case they sent me a survery, yeah thanks for pointing that out.

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
So I have to have my left testicle removed. 95% chance its cancer. Can't biopsy a testicle without removing the whole thing. Won't know til the biopsy if I need chemo.
How did you know to have it checked? Were you in pain, or was there a lump?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Wearing a 48 hour Holter monitor. Bitch that put it on had more perfume on than a $2 whore, and I told her that. Was bad enough being in the same room with her. When I took my shirt off to sleep that shit was all in the tape and sensors. They're going to have to live with a 24 hour monitor instead of 48.

She made sure to point out her name on the paperwork in case they sent me a survery, yeah thanks for pointing that out.
Medical professionals aren't supposed to wear cologne or perfume. Definitely complain.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
lump with no pain =/
Hey man, sucks to hear that. Hopefully it's nothing and you go on with your life non the worse off.

If they do find something that requires radiation, make sure if you want to procreate that you discuss options with your doctor. You can always put some boys on ice for later. I know someone that went through that and ended up needing radiation. He really didn't think about it at the time but later on regretted that he didn't put some boys aside for later as he was sterile after they were done.

Good luck and hopefully you get the all clear.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
idk why i said 95% chance that it is cancer. the list of other shit it could be is pretty short. the urologist i'm seeing only does surgeries on mondays, they didn't call me for this monday so it looks like two mondays from now i'll have it cut out...

won't know what stage the cancer is until they get it out and take a look at it, but if its Stage I -- no chemo, 99% survival rate. if its a Stage II seminoma tumor its one big dose of chemo, if its a Stage II nonseminoma tumor its four doses of chemo. not the same chemo, but similar.... of the class of chemo that binds platinum atoms onto your DNA. Stage II is 90% survival rate they say.

my chest x-ray was fine which i guess means its likely not Stage III. if its Stage III shit gets a lot more complicated... statistics say an 80% survival rate still tho.

but any no matter what my left testicle is coming out.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
idk why i said 95% chance that it is cancer. the list of other shit it could be is pretty short. the urologist i'm seeing only does surgeries on mondays, they didn't call me for this monday so it looks like two mondays from now i'll have it cut out...

won't know what stage the cancer is until they get it out and take a look at it, but if its Stage I -- no chemo, 99% survival rate. if its a Stage II seminoma tumor its one big dose of chemo, if its a Stage II nonseminoma tumor its four doses of chemo. not the same chemo, but similar.... of the class of chemo that binds platinum atoms onto your DNA. Stage II is 90% survival rate they say.

my chest x-ray was fine which i guess means its likely not Stage III. if its Stage III shit gets a lot more complicated... statistics say an 80% survival rate still tho.

but any no matter what my left testicle is coming out.
RIP leftie. You should've known better than to try to kill big pharm.