Health Problems

Oldbased

> Than U
I flipped this around earlier and took a few hour nap( I know right ).

I've ALWAYS nightly slept on my face because of the rapid feeling my heart was having when I laid down. I had told him it was roughly every other day but looking back it was pretty much every single night for the past 10 years for sure this has happened and been progressive over time at such a rate I only know to compare the start of it to lately, or very slowly progressive.

Oddly enough, this is roughly the same time back in 2005 when I was building a massive house with my brother I started taking Tylenol Sinus Severe Allergy everyday. I couldn't get my hand on pain meds for my back and feet and my sinus's were killing me so I took those damn things 2 at a time every 4 hours basically. Shocked I even have a liver.

The feeling in my chest each night is EXACTLY what the doctor put me on Metoprolol for. I thought it was impossible since to me it felt like my heart literally beat 200x per minute for 4-6 seconds each and every night and I would stick a hand over my heart and fingers on my neck and feel normal pulses. Cause they is what exactly was happening. My heart literally WAS doing it and has a long time. I feel even luckier than the clots now that hasn't totally killed me considering it happens everyday.
Now I am thinking not only does it happen once a day and usually ONLY once a day, I may have been the one triggering it by laying in a certain position to try to keep it from occuring! The hospital only picked it up once in 4 days. Why? Cause I had so much shit porcupined into me I couldn't turn over. It happened when I turned to my side trying to get up and my damn IV butchered my arm after being up 36 hours.

I am no longer scared of it. I never knew what it was before and what it felt like seemed impossible. Now I know when I have that feeling what it is and what it is doing and from what I've read various medicines or devices can remove it pretty much completely. I also know what the Cardio man meant when he said the issue with what I have is unless you hook someone up to a machine for days/week most patients go to a doctor , they listen, everything is fine and nothing is done. Mine got recorded.

That all said with your guys help that is one less issue I will probably have to deal with/worry with long term.
I am still semi scared of this beta blocker though. Initially coming out of hospital I was taching at 100bpm and normally HAD been at roughly 90's. Today I noticed my heart down in the 60's at times but when I moved it would ramp up quickly to 100/110 again. Mostly because I assume I still have some clots in lungs and my body is far from recovering but the 40-60 beats per minute jumps all the time is leaving me a bit jittery I guess is the word I am hunting for here. It feels like I am racing through a city and every light someone is hitting the NOS. Plus not that I monitored my vitals this close for years but I am pretty sure the last time my heart was hitting 50's/low 60's at rest was when I was in my teens and twenty's.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
SVTs have a very fast BPM, so it's not unusual to be freaked out about it.

Follow the cardiac dirt, wear your compression stockings, and make sure you have your feet elevated. Venous return is what you want. If you suspect that you have an actual PE, obviously go to the ER. But, we put our patients in what we call Trendelenburg position (head low).

You don't want issues in your left side.

Oldbased

> Than U
Today was all just a clusterfuck no matter where I went. The place the hospital setup for testing the blood thinner stuff refused to see me since my doctor tomorrow didn't request the lab.
The stuff was requested today because he is going to request it tomorrow but the desk bitch refused to let me into lab since he didn't request it , even though I had a "prescription" for it.
First time with this internal medicine doctor today on 6/2 and if he is as conky as his desk bitch was today I'm leaving.

Noticed the hospital can't seem to upload any of my data they basically REFUSED to show me such as my Cat, blood work, Xrays, Ultra, Echo and so forth but managed to get my hospital bill up in 3 days. 29k I owe out of my pocket.
Talked to insurance agents today which agreed nothing I can do for medical other than if I want to cover it I need to quit work and let medicaid kick in to back cover it and like Shelly will cover pretty much everything, as long as I don't work.
That shit pisses me off so damn much.

Not going that route so I'll either pay it in payments and if I sink that damn bad I'll file my first bankruptcy ever.
Basically all I am doing now anyways is floating until if I find out if this is lung cancer or not anyways.
Pretty much stopped taking spo2/BP and pulse and temp readings today since BP remains basically 105/65ish Spo2 95+ now and pulse in the 70/80s overall and I never had a fever or whatnot.
I slept a total of 3 hours last night and about to go to bed again tonight and expecting no sleep/same bullshit again.
Am having some acid reflux tonight though with some burping, which I never do and that acid shit in throat.

Not sure on which side does what or why Kuriin but I remember them saying it was my right side of the heart that was working too hard and messing up somehow.
Oh also noticed some swelling in right leg again but also possible in arms, neck and other places seem slightly enlarged as well.
Based on the hospital doctor took Lasix tonight with some potassium. He said as needed so I guess I just decide daily if I need it?

Gravy

Bronze Squire
First, they can't refuse you test results. Hospitals are a real pain in the ass. You may have to contact the records department.

Second, I take diuretics like lasix everyday, along with potassium. If you need it, take it and don't worry.

Oldbased

> Than U
So I called and they set it up where I can view it online.
From the Catscan:
Impression:
1. Extensive pulmonary thromboembolus throughout both lungs, as
described above.
2. Small nonspecific pulmonary nodules.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Didn't think it was TB or cancer. No Ghon complexes. Are you lying in the position I told you to be in?
Also, very odd that they don't have you on furosemide every day.

Oldbased

> Than U
1. Acute pulmonary embolism.
2. Right lower extremity deep venous thrombosis.
3. Chronic back pain.
4. Pulmonary nodules 0.4 x 0.5 cm right upper lobe nodule, 0.4 x 1 cm left
lower lobe nodule.
5. Cor pulmonale.

Was my discharge diagnosis.
RIP Me.

This pisses me off further as I was told to no longer take medications I was on for pain of the leg/back due to the new medications and this hospital put my on Hydro again which was fine with me as I had been on it before and it was the best solution.
The doctor I saw yesterday I told this too and he called in a script for fucking prilosec for heart burn and ignored the pain part completely and treated me like some junkie.
I spent last night writing in bed unable to even take a damn Alieve since the hospital had only given me 10 and even only at 2 a day I ran out yesterday.
I am tempted to go down to the doctor I saw yesterday with the detailed report and discharge information that goes more in depth about the pain and let him have it. I don't care.

I am sick of the stupid ass laws that are supposed to "combat" pain abuse and instead turn it into a pain clinic mafia for the government.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Gregory House up in hurr. Go rage on those squirrely fucks. But uh, can't you buy Aleve over-the-counter? Is their shit like super saiyan Aleve?

Oldbased

> Than U
Gregory House up in hurr. Go rage on those squirrely fucks. But uh, can't you buy Aleve over-the-counter? Is their shit like super saiyan Aleve?
It isn't I can't go buy it, it is I can't take aleve, advil, asprin and those medications anymore. The thinners and other medicines have major interactions with them.
Between the leg, ankle, bone injuries in feet, the crushed disk in back from the fall in 2011, the pain in my lungs and other fun issues I have though having no pain relief is worse than not being able to breath. I know that sounds odd, but really take a knife and stab yourself in the back a few times, maybe the lung once and set your feet on fire for 10 minutes then take some Prilosec for it. You'll feel the same way about it, trust me.

I should add those were what I was using to counter pain before to function and sleep. Believe it or not a few aleve a day was better than narcotic medicine for me

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
So I called and they set it up where I can view it online.
From the Catscan:
Impression:
1. Extensive pulmonary thromboembolus throughout both lungs, as
described above.
2. Small nonspecific pulmonary nodules.
Every MRI I get I ask for the CD so I can view it at home and have it with me if I'm out of town since they do them to compare the last one. Saves time.

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh I was kidding about TB. You'd know if you had TB.

And so would everyone in your town. Some things you can fuck around with. TB ain't one of 'em.

When is your next visit with a doc? Because the pain issue is a serious medical issue that is worth attention and a real discussion with a doctor that goes beyond, "Don't take that anymore. You'll die."

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
You need to really see your cardiologist as soon as possible. I hoped they would see you sooner with the diagnosis of cor pulmonale.

You can take Tylenol. We love giving our patients that. And dilaudid. lol. In regards to Aleve (Naproxen), it is actually prescription only in Europe. Seeing as how you are in the US, you do not need a prescription for it.

It is not looking good. You need to stop what's exacerbating the pulmonary problems (your inhalation of shit) before it becomes RHF into CHF.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got back from the sleep study a little while ago. One of the most incredibly awkward nights of my life. Trying to sleep in an unfamiliar, uncomfortable bed with like 12 fucking wires running to various parts of my body so it takes me like 30-45 seconds to roll over just to make sure I don't pull anything out. Like halfway through the night the tech had me put on the oxygen mask (cpap?) and I made it about 5 minutes until I had to claw it off to shut down the oncoming anxiety attack.

No fucking way I could ever fall asleep wearing one of those things unless I was sedated first.

Oldbased

> Than U
You need to really see your cardiologist as soon as possible. I hoped they would see you sooner with the diagnosis of cor pulmonale.

You can take Tylenol. We love giving our patients that. And dilaudid. lol. In regards to Aleve (Naproxen), it is actually prescription only in Europe. Seeing as how you are in the US, you do not need a prescription for it.

It is not looking good. You need to stop what's exacerbating the pulmonary problems (your inhalation of shit) before it becomes RHF into CHF.
Ya I think everyone keeps misunderstanding the whole Aleve thing.
I used to have Hydro prescriptions but I stopped taking it unless bad days ( like 5 pills a week ) and put myself on Aleve months back. Since I changed primary I didn't have valid prescriptions anymore and with the thinners and other medicines I take now Aleve/Advil is a NONO. So I was stuck when I left the hospital with a temp Hydro script that my NEW primary ignored while I couldn't take what I preferred anymore due to medicine interaction.
I have a bottle of 100 aleve in front of me, I just can't take one.

Regardless I printed out my discharge report where 2 of the hospital doctors put into the report they attempted to contact this doctor for 2 days without success and had the new pain management listed clearly on discharge( that I had given the new guy and he ignored ). If he doesn't resolve it by tomorrow I will contact the primary attending doctor from hospital for advice on yet ANOTHER primary care doctor lol.
Just not putting up with it anymore. I have access to tons of pain medicine for various reasons and past. The point is I want a valid current script, and I should have one.

They suggested I do a sleep study as well Gav based on what I said and how I was acting in the hospital with sleep.
The thing is when I had clots and couldn't breathe, had 2 leg pumps going, 5 ekg leads on a oxygen line going into my nose and a damn IV in one arm and being stuck in the other every 4 hours, I am not sure how the fuck they expected me to sleep anyways.
Add in anxiety, which I must have had worse than I thought since they waited till discharge day to even bring up the right side heart failure, nodules in lungs and the blood work on the BNP being over 500 and no wonder I couldn't sleep.
I noticed a lot of that went away however once the Lovenox wore off.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
For someone not well versed in medical jargon, how bad is this situation right now on a scale of 1-10

Oldbased

> Than U
For someone not well versed in medical jargon, how bad is this situation right now on a scale of 1-10
I'd like to know myself.
Also consider to be honest I shouldn't have lived 2 weeks ago, mostly from my own doing of letting it get so bad. I basically woke up each day for over a week able to breath less than the previous day down to the last 3 days before ER where I could literally not leave my room. In that sense a 1-10 scale doesn't matter as each day since then I've considered a gift to be honest. Much of that thought coming from having talked to my brother in 2007 30 minutes before he died on the phone mid sentence to someone else with no prior warning.
I'll know more on the 10th but much of this appears to be hereditary and my father who has been on thinners for over 25 years is 70 and still alive. Then again he doesn't have RV failure either nor nodules in his lungs.
To answer Noodle I guess it will depend on what the Cardiologist says on the 10th and Pulmonary on the 17th. I know I'll never be what I was prior to April though. Between the creation of clots, possibility of cancer and risk of complete RV failure in heart, I am not very upbeat personally at this time for being here many more months. Hopefully I am wrong. Hopefully the beta blockers help my RV condition, the thinners keep the clots at bay and the lung nodes are just cysts or something harmless. That is a lot of if's.

The big what the fuck came hours ago when the tech called from Tuesday's lab work to say the Coumandin levels are no where near where they needed to be, that I was at danger currently for additional clots and to keep taking injections and to boost the Coumadin to 12.5 mg per day over 5 with testing Monday. I went umm I ran out of injections Monday, have not taken since then and have no more to take ( script) and I told them this Tuesday. So basically those veins/pain protruding yesterday from BOTH my legs is possibly more clots coming. I needed that information Tuesday not Thursday afternoon. That may be what fucks me. She said she would talk to doctor and call me back. That was 3 hours ago.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Cor pulmonale is the most common cause for right sided heart failure. The reason we want to prevent the left side from failing is because the left ventricles pump out the oxygenated blood. This is also why you go into Trendelenburg position with an embolism. Because you don't want it to go into the brain and infarct.

Because you've got actual clots in the body, are they providing you any thrombolytics like tissue plasminogen activator (tPA)?

Frankly, the situation is very grim if your PT is still not where it should be. Your providers need to start getting their shit together, lol.

Eatbeast

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's like an 8 out of 10 on the Rerolled "rub some garlic on it" scale.

With the way your body is creating clots I'd consider your PT/INR being out of wack as an emergency. You really need consistent anti-coag management.

Oldbased

> Than U
Cor pulmonale is the most common cause for right sided heart failure. The reason we want to prevent the left side from failing is because the left ventricles pump out the oxygenated blood. This is also why you go into Trendelenburg position with an embolism. Because you don't want it to go into the brain and infarct.

Because you've got actual clots in the body, are they providing you any thrombolytics like tissue plasminogen activator (tPA)?

Frankly, the situation is very grim if your PT is still not where it should be. Your providers need to start getting their shit together, lol.
See that is the thing. When I left the hospital I was therapeutic on the Heparin and Lovenox or whatever the hell Enoxaparin is and just working out the Coumadin. Now they done fucked that up let 2 expire out without the Coumadin getting sorted and not by a day either the whole damn week. Like I said this may be what fucks me in all this.

Also I been getting heart burn out the ass this last 2 weeks. I never ever got heart burn before. I never took Gas-X/Tums/Rolaids ever and they don't seem to be helping now I guess I'll try that Prilosec but damn the mini burps+ acid in throat is annoying as fuck.