Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Full moon, shit always be goin’ down in the ER if there’s a full moon out

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Woke up yesterday with a fever and insane diarrhea. Basically since yesterday I've had diarrhea a couple times an hour even through the night. Fever broke last night but stomach still physically hurts. Not much coming out now since I haven't eaten more than crackers and bananas.

Can't tell if food poisoning or stomach virus. Since the fever broke I'm less concerned, but the fact I still have diarrhea 36 hours later concerns me a little.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Woke up yesterday with a fever and insane diarrhea. Basically since yesterday I've had diarrhea a couple times an hour even through the night. Fever broke last night but stomach still physically hurts. Not much coming out now since I haven't eaten more than crackers and bananas.

Can't tell if food poisoning or stomach virus. Since the fever broke I'm less concerned, but the fact I still have diarrhea 36 hours later concerns me a little.

Drink lots of water, maybe even an electrolyte solution. Severe diarrhea like what you're describing dehydrates you like crazy.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah definitely been drinking a lot of water, haven't been this sick in a long time. I had food poisoning a couple years ago that was similar but it was puking instead of the shits.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, water and salt. Give it a day before you really try to eat anything soft.

Recovery shouldn't take more than 3 days and yesterday counts. If it persists beyond that... well, it shouldn't. Is it a stomach cramp or is it a gut cramp?

Don't go overboard with the nanners is all I'd say. They're soft and rich... but they do make you poop. They'll draw water out of your intestine, aggravate your diarrhea. Just you know, don't go overboard.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Try something like salted rice. Boost your electrolytes while having something easy on the stomach. Start low, go slow. If you're at the point where you can't even tolerate intake of anything, go into the ER for IV hydration. Urgent care does do intravenous care as well.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
The Holy Roman Empire of pop. Neither Canadian, Dry, Ginger or Ale. The stomach settling stuff is just placebo. Much better off drinking some ginger tea.

Way to shatter my whole existence man. I was going to suggest Ginger Ale enemas next.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
any advice on what I thought might have been a hernia through my abdominal wall but when I went to the hospital and got it checked they said it was just a "tear" with no protrusion so there was no surgical solution necessary , still hurts like after a year and ive also been forced into full dadbod mode

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah, water and salt. Give it a day before you really try to eat anything soft.

Recovery shouldn't take more than 3 days and yesterday counts. If it persists beyond that... well, it shouldn't. Is it a stomach cramp or is it a gut cramp?

Don't go overboard with the nanners is all I'd say. They're soft and rich... but they do make you poop. They'll draw water out of your intestine, aggravate your diarrhea. Just you know, don't go overboard.
I was going with the BART method. Banana apples rice toast. Although maybe I shouldn't mix kid care with adult care

iannis

Musty Nester
That qualifies as not going overboard!

abdominal muscle tear and no hernia, and it's been a year? I'm kinda impressed. that's almost a superpower. I wish I had something productive to say about that.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I was going with the BART method. Banana apples rice toast. Although maybe I shouldn't mix kid care with adult care

Haha the BART method. It's actually called the BRAT diet. Always funny telling people to go on this diet. And this diet is AMAZING on the stomach. Try some Pedialyte, too! Fuck Gatorade.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I like to fight fire with fire and eat taco Bell when I have dhiarrea.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users