Health Problems

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sludig Sludig you running laps around the hospital wing bro?
I was released the next morning, so I'm at home playing wow. Got mega tired at times and nap a few hours before being up again. Morning of day 3 took my first shit finally.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Got a brain MRI w/wo contrast this coming Friday. Hope it comes back clean.

Last round of chemo kicked the shit out of me.

• 5Solidarity
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
So tomorrow is the day, am I going to have the surgery that set up the J pouch. I'm basically getting a new butthole🤣 I'm still going to have the bag after the surgery, but with everything inside healing up. After that, it will be just a matter of time til I don't have this bag taped to me anymore. 6 to 8 weeks, a matter of fact.
Wish me luck, I'll keep you guys locked in when I have the able to type after
So it's been a minute and some weeks, so the original surgery went fine no issue, but the set-up after was a problem. I woke up and had the colostomy bag on with the stoma looking different and grosser at the same time, and on the other side I had a JP surgical pump sticking out of my stomach. In the hospital and it didn't hurt, I didn't have a lot of reason to move. I got back home on Nov 13 and have been moving fine, the JP still not hurting a lot. Later in the week the pain increase and by Saturday the 18, I was out of it. Really out of it, just laid down all day and popped pain pills. The next day I had family who took my temperature and when back to the hospital on that Sunday. The JP stop work right and resulted in it leaking from the spot it was located and fluid not moving through the pump causing me to have a high fever. So this result in me having an operation where I was lightly sedated and can feel the poking and stabbing in the area. I stay in the hospital until Thanksgiving eve and on that day had the JP removed.

Now I come with more scars and news of my next surgery being in January next year. Where they will take down the stoma.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Goatface

kidney stone update
tuesday going to have the big left one blasted with sound, it that doesn't work, have to get the laser snake up the dick
the stones in the right, that sent me to the er sunday had been quiet until 7am this morning then it started with some mild pain and then ramped up to about 6/10. the pain went away around noon. this morning took alfuzosion for the first time, instead of flomax and that was a big fucking mistake.
around 2pm, was sitting down and my heart started thumping. heart rate was like 100+, resting. i laid down for a bit and felt better, then it happened again 4pm. i walked 10' into the other room to get the monitors and it was 140+. called my urologist's nurse and they told to go to the er. after 5 hours, they figured it was the pill. walked about 1/4 mile and heart didn't explode and feel mostly ok.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
kidney stone update
tuesday going to have the big left one blasted with sound, it that doesn't work, have to get the laser snake up the dick
the stones in the right, that sent me to the er sunday had been quiet until 7am this morning then it started with some mild pain and then ramped up to about 6/10. the pain went away around noon. this morning took alfuzosion for the first time, instead of flomax and that was a big fucking mistake.
around 2pm, was sitting down and my heart started thumping. heart rate was like 100+, resting. i laid down for a bit and felt better, then it happened again 4pm. i walked 10' into the other room to get the monitors and it was 140+. called my urologist's nurse and they told to go to the er. after 5 hours, they figured it was the pill. walked about 1/4 mile and heart didn't explode and feel mostly ok.
lucious lyon wtf GIF

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I don't know where else to put this;

But this shit is revolutionary gene therapy. I don't see how they can do this without a bone marrow transplant, though- that's tough and risky.

1702134053837.png

Before:

1702134117029.png

After:
1702134207087.png

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I just had shoulder surgery. Rotator cuff, labrum tear and they decided to detach my bicep from the shoulder to my arm bone. Nowhere near how horrible cancer is. I will say this is the worst fucking thing I’ve been through compared to hip and knee surgery. I recommend not blowing out your shoulders.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Wife just had the exact same surgery. I've got a SLAP tear in both shoulders but after seeing her go through this, doesn't bother me THAT much.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I just had shoulder surgery. Rotator cuff, labrum tear and they decided to detach my bicep from the shoulder to my arm bone. Nowhere near how horrible cancer is. I will say this is the worst fucking thing I’ve been through compared to hip and knee surgery. I recommend not blowing out your shoulders.
I was in rehab for one of my back surgeries and there were people rehabbing shoulders. They were standing straight up with arms extended to the side holding a broom handle. The exercise was to move their arms left / right while holding the broom handle. To a person they were all in tears. When I asked the tech what it was he told me 'I recommend not blowing out your shoulders'. Best of luck bro.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I was in rehab for one of my back surgeries and there were people rehabbing shoulders. They were standing straight up with arms extended to the side holding a broom handle. The exercise was to move their arms left / right while holding the broom handle. To a person they were all in tears. When I asked the tech what it was he told me 'I recommend not blowing out your shoulders'. Best of luck bro.

I have a friend who is an organist. She has had both shoulders replaced. After each surgery it was a year before extending her arms to play the organ felt okay. Excruciating surgery and such a long rehab time.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Rogan mentions the PRP injections for his shoulder issues every 10 or so episodes it seems. Still a long recovery, but at least you don’t need to get cut open. Hopefully it’s a while until I need to look into. As far as I know not allowed in the US still.

Good luck

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Recovery is coming along with the pain management. Everything I read before hand recommends getting a recliner. I have one and slept in it the first week after trying the first 2 days of “roughing” it out. That truly is the way to go if you have a recliner that is meant to sleep in it. The biggest challenge is breaking up scar tissue so the shoulder can have full mobility. This is the torture.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>

Wife just had the exact same surgery. I've got a SLAP tear in both shoulders but after seeing her go through this, doesn't bother me THAT much.
Yeah they do the detachment for SLAPS in older patients (like 30+). I had slaps in both shoulders 7 years ago. Did both in one year. They did a repair which I was glad for, didn’t want the bicep relocation. Very very difficult year. After about 1.5 years was back to normal thanks to PT and no more chronic pain from them.

Do your PT religiously. There may be points where you feel like you’re backsliding or recovery is slower than you’d like but just power through it with PT. Then find yourself a solid sports PT who can give evaluate you and give you preventative exercises to do on your own - stuff to strengthen the shoulder girdle area or whatever. You’ll make it!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

what a fun week. went in tuesday for the sound blaster. already knew it had less than 70% success rate on large stones. mine was 4mm x 10mm oval. kidney was blocked and swelling, but still no pain. get x-rayed, cleaned, wired up and on the bed. doctor comes in, sound blaster machine broke yesterday, they won't get it replaced till jan. dick snake or wait and risk damaging the kidney.
doc said. "we have to put in a stent and for 2 days afterwards will hurt and you feel like you have to pee alot"
i have broken the end off my femur. had 2 people move my leg before getting any pain meds. that was my 10/10 on the pain scale. pissing afterwards was a good 9/10. it burned like pouring alcohol on fresh road rash while in a vice. was taking 1 percocet every 6 hours and all it did was shorten the length of the burning afterwards. pain meds make me sick after a few, so quit them the next day. found numbing with ice pack for about 5 mins before/after peeing really helped with the pain.
thursday - pain mostly gone. went to get stent removed. thought it was a short tube in my dick. turns out it was about 12+" long. oh yeah, there is bit of thread that is connected to the stent that hangs out of your dick.
1702858089762.png
sat/sun just have a very slight burn for a bit if i have to wait to pee.

-
now, going to have to call my doctor to see about my bp that is now running high. was hoping it would go down once that was over.

• 3Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Not quite 30 minutes in, but as always lots of good info and easy to follow.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Brain MRI came back clean! No new badness to report. It was a good day all around except I have to go back on chemo this week......

• 15Like
  • 6Solidarity
Reactions: 20 users

Goatface

update, my blood pressure finally went back to normal this past weekend. i did see doc about it on 18th, but the reading there were normal. she told me to record it 3 times a day for a few weeks then come back.
after a couple days of feeling pretty good, my right kidney started hurting again last night, mild pain. it still was hurting this morning. called my urologist. they didn't do the laser snake. had it done at a slightly closer place. (50mins vs 80+mins). they had been going over my records. the lady said i was on the list to be called today about setting up an appointment. my choices, today at 3pm or Feb 22nd while being on cancellation wait list.
they just called while i was typing this to cancel today's appointment and setup one for april while on wait list. lol

• 1Picard

Goatface

mild pain woke me up again at 6am this morning it got steadily worse till about 9 then eased off around 10.
finally got around to looking at my xrays and ct scan, i am pretty sure this is the stone that got blasted
1703967863201.png

it looks like one of the ones on the the other side is bigger.
1703967921594.png

think that would be something the doctor would point out. maybe i am looking at it wrong.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
have you suggested 'fix it and stop fucking around' as an option? Sorry bro I had a secretary that was a kidney stone factory and while I don't know first hand, I saw how miserable she was with them all. She had to get 'blasted' all the time. Looked like her husband kicked the shit out of her.